“Nice place to stay near airport in Atlanta”

Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North
Ranked #53 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed October 31, 2010

We loved our stay here. After a long day of flying, we found our room to be more like a suite than just a hotel room. There was a huge flat screen tv with movie channels that you could lay in bed & watch or kick back on the big sectional sofa or ottoman. It was clean & quiet even though we were near the airport. The bed linens & bed itself were dreamy comfortable! They have a killer breakfast buffet in the morning & serve Starbucks & various food items there in the lobby/bar area. The staff was great & we loved the free parking! The toiletries were really nice, high end products that smelled divine. We had a coffee maker in the room along w/a refrigerator & business area with desk, phone, etc. The only downside was the air conditioning blew inside of the drapes so the room was a little too warm. Also there was quite a bit of light that came in from under the drapes and we prefer DARK DARK like a cave. All & all, we'd recommend & would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North

Reviewed October 28, 2010

My mom, three year old son, and myself stayed here for my birthday weekend. This is the first time I've stayed in a Hyatt place and I must say I was really pleased. The room looked amazing. We stayed in a two doubles room. There was also a nice sectional/sleeper sofa in the "living room". The TV was HUGE....flat screen..even included some HD channels. Only complaint was the limited channel selection. (They didn't have Nick for my son) We did discover a slight leak of the toilet in the bathroom but we were there for just one night so we were fine. The other "complaint" would be the breakfast. I guess I expected something different but it was just a continental breakfast. You did have the option to purchase the hot breakfast. I believe there was also the option to purchase little light meals 24/7. Overall, a great one night stay here. Oh yeah, the airplanes weren't a big deal either. I heard them faintly while I was awake but when I was sleep did not hear a thing.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2010

PROS:
Friendly & helpful front desk staff.
Clean modern lobby.
Spacious contemporary rooms. "L" shaped leather sofas and a large ottoman...the setup of the suite was very nice.
Beds were very comfy which is usually a rarity at budget hotels.
Free wifi high speed internet & free parking.

CONS:
Location. The area is a bit dumpy, nothing special around the area. I can see when people say it is a seedy area.

All in all, we were pleasantly surprised with our first time at the Hyatt Place. Definitely a great value hotel...we would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank slee06
HotelAtlanta, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2010

Good Morning!

Thank you so much for your review of our property on October 22, 2010. As we can not do anything about our location, I am glad to know that we WOWed you with our service! You mentioned that this is your first stay at a Hyatt and I hope that you will continue to stay with the Hyatt Family as often as possible.

I do want to mention our Hyatt Gold Passport Rewards Program and would like for you to join if you have not already done so. It is a program that rewards our guests with points that you may use towards free nights at any Hyatt.

If you have any questions regarding Hyatt and Hyatt Place brands, please feel free to contact me directly. My name is Tameshia Weaver and I can be reached by email at t.weaver@hyattselect.com, or phone at 404-768-8484 Ext 7150.

Thanks and I look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed September 29, 2010

The hotel was a good experience. The staff was the best part! They were very helpful and patient. The continential breakfast is a good add to the service as well as the snack bar and kitchen being open 24 hours. The only thing I didn't care for is that there are no ice or vending machines on the floors (you have to go to the front desk/station for ice). Huge shout-out to Mike Jones (shuttle driver). He was a blessing with giving pointers on places in the city to visit.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family

Good Morning!

Thank you so much for choosing the Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North for your stay in Sept! We welcome all of the feedback that you gave! We are very grateful for our staff and will pass this comment on to them at our next staff meeting. Also, I apologize for us failing to mention what floors the ice machines were located.

Please keep us in mind for future trips to ATL!

Thanks and have a great day!

Reviewed September 5, 2010

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North. Pros - The room was nice and clean. The beds were very comfortable; even the pullout bed was pretty comfortable. Great service and lobby area. The free continental breakfast was decent but full service breakfast was available. Enjoyed being able to purchase Starbucks coffee and products on site. Cons - there was a discrepancy with reservation because we used a third part booking and was told initially our reservation would not be honored. However the staff and management was quick to resolve issue and the reservation was honored. Just a note: If you book with a third party (expedia, bookings.com, travelocity) be sure to have your confirmation available.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed September 2, 2010

We were extremely impressed with the General Manager. She facilitated our accommodations, personally overseeing every need and contingency. Both she and her qualified staff made our stay in Atlanta a wonderful experience. The rooms were excellent and also a great value. I would recommend this hotel to anyone flying out of Atlanta on vacation or business.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Pros:

- On par with other Hyatt Place Hotels.
- About 6-7 miles from downtown.
- Great rate (Hotwire several weeks in advance approx. $50 per night).
- Clean throughout.
- Free breakfast features fruit, oatmeal, cereals, & juice.
- You can get other items cooked to order for a fee.
- Spacious rooms.
- Wide-screen TV.
- Micro-fridges.
- Free parking.
- Speedy checkout at desk or kiosk.
- Fast internet.
- Fitness center with free weights and several treadmills.

Cons:

- Very small bathroom area (tub and toilet).

Summary:

This Hyatt Place was on par with the others we have stayed in and it was a great place.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North

Been to Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North? Share your experiences!