“Easily accessible to the expressway, Airport and several restaurants.”

Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North
Ranked #56 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at THIS Hyatt Place. I had the opportunity to stay at another Hyatt Place last year and enjoyed my experience there so, I decided to try it again. Besides of the comfort,price,cleanliness, I especially like this hotel because they have small refrigerators in each room. (Have to keep those beverages cold) I absolutely love the decor in the Lobby and the Reservationist was very helpful ang although she was on the telphone when I arrived, she quickly acknowleged me. My room was a non-smoking one and from the minute that I entered the room, it smelled wonderful. I was surprised that it did not have a bathtub, but, the walk in shower with the heavy glass door was beautiful and added to my enjoyment of a hot shower. The bed was comfortable, and I enjoyed my after work cocktail on the plush sectional sofan as I watched TLC on the flatscreen television. The next morning, I enjoyed the free hot breakfast and was pleased with the selection. The sausage was a hit. I am looking forward to returning to this and other Hyatt Place Hotels in the future. Keep up the GREAT work

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Free shuttle runs every half hour, which was a slight aggravation. The trip to the hotel takes only about 6 minutes.
The check in staff, in fact, all of the staff, were outrageously friendly, cooperative, and helpful! Our room, newly refurbished, was spacious, clean, and neat. It was quiet, too. Beds were comfortable. We walked 1 block to a nice Thai restaurant, though there was a restaurant in the hotel.
There was a small bar in the lobby area. Also some snacks were for sale...very reasonably priced.
My wife and stayed here overnight, and made an early transfer to the airport in the AM.
We gave this location two thumbs up!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Stayed here for one night during a long layover in Atlanta. The hotel lobby is undergoing renovations but didn't really affect us in terms of noise (you can hear the airplanes taking off but didn't really bother us at night). The rooms are very spacious and clean. Nice large glass shower with strong water stream. Wifi works well with acceptable speed. The breakfast was quite good with multiple hot options including grits, sausages, scrambled eggs (premade), and french toast. Only problem I can see is that their parking lot is not very large and even smaller due to the construction going on, so it can be hard to find a spot if you return/arrive late at night (they end up stacking cars in turn lanes, etc.). I would recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed here because our flights were cancelled and we got stuck in Atlanta for there days. The value was excellent. The staff... marvelous. Everyone smiling and always courteous. Their breakfast? One of a kind. Some problems with the tv, but that was all. Nice parking. Huge suite type rooms. all very modern and clean. Thanks a lot.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gatototo
Reviewed January 6, 2014

For the "budget" level brand that Hyatt is offering, I found this hotel to be a great value for the money. I especially liked the spacious rooms with a spacious couch separated from the bed - it was almost like having a mini-suite. Having come in after a 14 hour flight, I was promptly checked in and I appreciated having the downstairs quick snack area where I could get a hot meal and a drink without having to find a restaurant. A surprise was the very ample breakfast - more than just the cold wrapped institutional muffins and coffee that is typicall of the "breakfast included" hotels. Staff was friendly, greeted everyone and genuinely seemed to understand the idea of guest service. The only minus, which may be beyond Hyatt Place's control is the frequency of the shuttle from the airport. It would be great to have the shuttle go through every 15 minutes during peak times rather than the 30 minutes of waiting out in the cold.

Room Tip: There's construction going on so ask for a room that isn't near the construction if you'...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I was very impressed with Hyatt Place. It still had a new feel. It was very clean and the staff was friendly. I particularly enjoyed the large sofa in the room. The room is not very large, but the designers made good use of the space available. The cable offerings are limited compared to other hotels in the area. It is also nice that there is an in-house restaurant. The location was great for restaurants and the airport. Thai Heaven is in walking distance and is a great Thai/Sushi restaurant.

The main complaint is that the bathroom and closet are very tight spaces.

I would definitely visit the hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2013

My weekend stay at this Hyatt Place was pleasant and comfortable. The staff that greeted me at the front desk was very courteous and quickly checked me in to my room. They even went out of their way to get a room booked for my friend at the very last minute. My room was quite spacious with a sofa, bed, and a desk that I used quite often getting some work done. The only drawbacks to the room was that the closet space was smaller than I had hoped and the bathroom could have used some brighter lights. The complimentary breakfasts were quite satisfactory and the half-hourly shuttle to the airport was quite convenient, especially if you have an early morning flight you need to catch. The hotel is within walking distance to a McDonalds and a Waffle House if you're looking for something to eat other than the hotel breakfast. Though the hotel is quite close to the airport, I could hardly hear any of the planes that were flying in or out of the airport.

I would definitely consider coming back here if I needed a place that was convenient to the airport. It was a pleasant stay and had no complaints at all.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo