“Disappointed”

Ranked #36 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Ontario
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

I was really looking forwar to staying at what I consider one the high end chains.

When I entered into the lobby I looked at what appeared to be a granite half circle counter, withing 5 feet of the actual receptions was a multitude of liquor bottles. I actually thought I had come in the wrong door.

They explained to me that THERE WAS NO ACTUAL RESTAURANT AND NO ROOM SERVICE but they had a menu that I could select from I could either wait for the meal to be cooked (no evidence of a kitchen) or order from my room and come down and get it myself.

I could not believe it. I sat at the counter on the other part of the counter hoping to order a hamburger but it seemed that the reception was looking after incoming clients and could care less about me, so I left and walked over to a decent restaurant.

Came back into the room to have the toilet drop off almost shattering the floor. I couldn't help how dangerous that could be.

I have stayed in a Hyatt before so imagine one not having a proper restaurant or room service. This Is what I would expect from a motel, hot a HYATT!!!! I was just shocked

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank chrisneilson
HP-CustomerSrvc, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
We are disappointed as well to see the experience you had with us and sincerely apologize that it wasn't as you expected. While we are not considered a full service Hyatt we remain committed to providing the same level of service and quality that our customers have come to expect. We will certainly follow up on the conditions and concerns you provided in your review and appreciate your feedback. We would welcome another opportunity to serve you in the future if you decide you may want to return. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Spacious room with separate living/working area. Comfortable bed. Very nice (hot) breakfast. Friendly and professional reception.
I especially like the gym. It’s not very big but has all I need (2 treadmills,1 bike, 1 step and 1 bed for weight lifting). Each appliance has its own television screen to which you can connect your headset and watch several television channels which is a lot better than a common TV. There’s also a nice swimming pool. Definitely repeatable!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HP-CustomerSrvc, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for the thoughtful review. We are pleased to see that our hotel offered the experience you expected. We look forward to having you stay as our guest again in the future!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed on a Saturday night with my girlfriend during my weekend visit to Atlanta. We got one of the 1st floor rooms which was very big but was lacking the Hyatt atmosphere a bit. Hotel and room were clean and quiet. Bed was comfortable, staff was friendly. We also enjoyed a great breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HP-CustomerSrvc, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are pleased to see that you found the hotel clean and the breakfast satisfying. We appreciate the compliments! We look forward to having you visit us again in the future.
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

The hotel is ok but I accidentally left a bag of dirty clothes (two very nice shirts) and when I called to see if they had them they said they didn't find them and that they were sorry. There was no offer to check into it further. I always stay at the Hilton Garden Inn but my partner on this trip accidentally booked me into this hotel. Needless to say, I won't be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank MondelloA
We apologize that we were not able to locate your laundry. Pleae feel free to revist this with us, we would be happy to make a proper attempt to resolve this for you. Thank you for your review.
Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

We didn't plan to spend the night. Recent storm caused us to miss our connection. We were directed by Delta Airlines to various options for hotels. Hyatt Place was the best price only $88.00 for the night. We had a timely shuttle to and from the airport. Warm greetings, professional staff, and super clean and comfortable suite with King Size bed. Amazing....plus the delicious chocolate lava cake sold at the hotel desk in the lobby was warm and tasty. A pleasant delight after a long long day of bad weather and flight delays. I recommend this hotel not only for overnights but as a great place to stay!!!Thanks to Delta Airlines for turning me on to Hyatt Place and making our overnight delay a delight.

Room Tip: Fifth floor by elevator room 517......King size bed and cozy.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HP-CustomerSrvc, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
It's always nice to see that even with an unexpected situation we can be there for our guests. Thank you for the fantastic review! We are always pleased to take care of the weary traveler and happy to build new relationships. Thank you again, we look forward to serving you in the future.
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Room was huge, as was the TV. Lobby is great, food + bar. Staff is terrific. The hotel itself (the rooms) are somewhat worn. But who cares, it was clean. Minutes from the airport. I like the Hyatt Place brand and I will usually choose it over others.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HP-CustomerSrvc, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for this very nice review and the compliments to the staff! We are happy to see you enjoyed yourself and would definitely return to see us again in the future. We are very excited to let you know that we are scheduled for our rooms renovation to begin in November!
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed for one night before a business meeting. The staff went out of their way to be accommodating, and even called after I had checked in to make sure everything met my expectations. The lobby is fresh and modern and inviting, and there is a nice bar. The hotel serves a very good breakfast. We were also pleased that they offered us a shuttle ride to dinner and came back to pick us up after dinner. I would certainly stay here again. It is only 2 miles from the airport if you have an early flight.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HP-CustomerSrvc, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for this very nice review of our hotel. We appreciate the compliments and are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you back again in the future and that you continue to enjoy our Hyatt Place.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport North
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek

Been to Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North? Share your experiences!