“First Time at a Hyatt Place, Was a Good Choice”

Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North
Ranked #56 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed here for one night while travelling to our vacation destination. We arrived late around 1130pm and unlike many hotels the lobby/front desk was not deserted which was nice so we did not have to wait to get checked in. The front desk person was very nice and welcoming etc. We got a quick overview of where things were in the hotel and then off to our room. The rooms are what I would call junior suites and spacious. The sitting area has its own sink and desk. You can see the TV from either the bed area or the sitting area. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was clean as well. We took advantage of the hot breakfast that was included the next morning. While my experience at Hyatt hotels previous to this was only as full service Hyatts, I expected a little better food. It was bad, but there was definitely room for improvement. Eggs looked to be made from powder and were cool to lukewarm at best. The coffee tasted burnt to me. If they improved the food and beverage in the hotel it was make it excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dellosso
HP-CustomerSrvc, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Thank you for the feedback. We're pleased that you enjoyed your stay and, as always, will work on making the next stay an excellent one!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was my second trip to Atlanta, GA. I was there from May 22nd to 24th, 2013, the service was great, the staff is polite, friendly and considerate. The room was clean and cozy. And do they have an awesome chocolate cake! Going back for sure!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Denyalle C

We're happy to see you stayed with us again and continue to find our hotel great! We'll see you again next time! Thank you.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Due to airport delays, we missed our flight and had to find a last minute option for the night. I am so glad that we booked here. The hotel was incredible, shuttle picked us up quickly, staff were helpful and friendly, bed incredibly comfortable. I just wish we could have slept in and enjoyed the breakfast instead of being up to get back to the airport in the morning. If I'm ever in Atlanta again, I will stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mfmonn

Thank you for the compliments! Being an airport hotel we see many travelers in you situation and do our best to make it as comfortable as possible.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I read the reviews and it seemed like a nice place and I am so glad I booked it! Here's why...
#1. It's cheaper than Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport SOUTH.
#2. They have a big dining area for the morning breakfast which is 6-10am and included nice options and changed slightly day to day.
#3. The lobby and hotel were real clean, I actually didn't mind walking barefoot in the room (I normally dont in hotels). The couch was a little worn but the bed and pillows were comfortable, got excellent sleep, did not miss my bed at home at all! Also granite sink and bathroom floor.
#4. When I say nice southern folks, this is it! I cannot believe how sweet they were!! The reception was excellent!!
#5. Convenient Shuttle that runs every half hour to the airport. Which by the way is 1 exit away!
I'm hooked on Hyatt after this trip, sorry Crowne Plaza!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MiniTravla

Thank you for the excellent review and comments. We apprciate you staying with us and hope to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My family and I had an early flight out of ATL so we booked this hotel because it was close. Overall we very pleased. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful. The room was spacious and clean. It was nice to have food cooked to order available right there in the hotel without having to go back out. The food was tasty but a little pricey. The room price, though, was very reasonable. We got more than expected. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jpballi
HP-CustomerSrvc, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel provided you both value and satisfaction.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I waited OVER 1 hr for the courtesy shuttle van to arrive at the airport. A colleague went
inside to phone the hotel...was placed on HOLD...4 minutes later, he hung up and
phoned back...only to get the merry-go-round of messages on a recording ! At the
airport pick-up area for guests, with courtesy phones...Hyatt Place North nor Hyatt
Place South is represented. Once we reached the hotel...only ONE person behind
the desk...with a line of 5 guests awaiting chk-in. The desk person was very helpful
and patience, once I reached him. In the meantime...the phone was ringing OFF the
HOOK !! No one to respond to it !!
The next day...my colleague spoke to the Hotel Mgr about the issues and he promised
to credit his GoldPassport account with some points...which, 5 days LATER...has not
been fulfilled(this is the 2nd time...he had GM promise points and were NEVER
fulfilled...),

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank QualityTlvr
HP-CustomerSrvc, General Manager at Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

I certainly apologize for the problems and concerns you encountered along with your fellow traveler with whom I spoke with as you recount here. Please know that the referenced conversation was sincere and the follow up regarding the points was executed as promised. In fact, we are expecting a return visit and are very grateful to be given another opportunity. I certainly hope you may give us another opportunity to serve you in the future as well. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I located the hotel on hotels.com. I usually check out TripAdvisor before I book anything but figured I was getting what I paid for so I had no real expectations. I could not believe the cleanliness of the hotel! The lobby has a bar. The hotel has a decent gym and the room is H U G E! 2 full beds and 1 Queen pull out?? Perfect for me and my 2 sisters! Oh. And there is free breakfast but unfortunately we have to take the 6:00 am FREE shuttle to the airport and will miss out. Oh. And the staff are super friendly! I do not recall the name of the lady who checked us in not the person I spoke to when I called to give my Hyatt Passport number but they were super friendly. I was surprised I had a Passport # as I don't recall ever staying at a Hyatt property but I will definitely be adding them to my "must stay" list now!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Trinitee0971

Thank you for the wonderful review. I am pleased to see how much you enjoyed our hotel and that you had plenty of room for everyone. I will certainly let the staff know how much you appreciated their efforts as well. Thank you again! We look forward to your next visit with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport North
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North

Been to Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North? Share your experiences!