I stayed at this property in late May 2012. I needed an option close to the airport but didn't want to pay a lot. After some searching, I settled on this hotel, based on a good experience at a Hyatt Place in Ohio.
When I first arrived, the woman manning the front desk was slammed with people asking her questions and the phone ringing off the hook. She still managed to take care of my check-in, answer all the walk-ups and get the phone. I was even more impressed when she called my room a few moments after I got into the room to apologize for not being able to give me 100% of her attention and offered to have me come down to get a free cookie from the snack bar. I really appreciated the offer, particularly since I still felt like she greeted me warmly as it was. (The cookie was delicious, by the way).
The lobby is a combination snack bar, front desk, lobby. It's very open. There is a business center where there are two or three computers with a printer. Printing is free. There is also a fitness center that I did not visit. The rooms are "suites" in the sense that there is a sitting area, with a couch and a desk/chair combination as well as a mini-fridge and then there is a bed area with a sink outside the toliet/shower area. The room feels spacious and it was very clean. My king bed had a newer mattress and the bedding was fresh. My only slightly negative comment was the size of the shower/toliet area. It is definitely only big enough for one person. As I was traveling solo on this trip, it wasn't a problem for me, but couples may find it a tight squeeze.
Overall, this hotel is a very good choice if you have to stay near the Atlanta airport. There are a few restaurants you can walk to. Given a choice between the nearby Hampton Inn or here, I would definitely return here. The rooms are good and the service was top-notch (something that you don't usually find in airport hotels).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 7 minutes from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, the Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North hotel offers visitors access to some of the area’s best family attractions, including the Georgia Aquarium, Atlanta Zoo and World of Coca Cola. The hotel is also convenient to the area’s many sports complexes, such as Georgia Dome, Atlanta Motor Speedway and Turner Field. During your stay, a Host will happily assist you with orders from our new Gallery Menu, Fresh 24/7, featuring our signature flatbreads, a Make It 2 option and delicious new sandwiches, greens, apps & more. Or you can enjoy specialty Starbucks® coffee, premium beer, wine & cocktails over friendly conversation at the intimate Bakery Café. Also enjoy a complimentary hot breakfast daily.For business travelers, the hotel is minutes from local offices for companies such as Delta Airlines, Federal Express, Ford Motor Co., and Wachovia Op Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North Hotel Atlanta
- Hyatt Atlanta Airport North
- Atlanta Hyatt