“Great airport option”

Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North
Ranked #55 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed at this property in late May 2012. I needed an option close to the airport but didn't want to pay a lot. After some searching, I settled on this hotel, based on a good experience at a Hyatt Place in Ohio.

When I first arrived, the woman manning the front desk was slammed with people asking her questions and the phone ringing off the hook. She still managed to take care of my check-in, answer all the walk-ups and get the phone. I was even more impressed when she called my room a few moments after I got into the room to apologize for not being able to give me 100% of her attention and offered to have me come down to get a free cookie from the snack bar. I really appreciated the offer, particularly since I still felt like she greeted me warmly as it was. (The cookie was delicious, by the way).

The lobby is a combination snack bar, front desk, lobby. It's very open. There is a business center where there are two or three computers with a printer. Printing is free. There is also a fitness center that I did not visit. The rooms are "suites" in the sense that there is a sitting area, with a couch and a desk/chair combination as well as a mini-fridge and then there is a bed area with a sink outside the toliet/shower area. The room feels spacious and it was very clean. My king bed had a newer mattress and the bedding was fresh. My only slightly negative comment was the size of the shower/toliet area. It is definitely only big enough for one person. As I was traveling solo on this trip, it wasn't a problem for me, but couples may find it a tight squeeze.

Overall, this hotel is a very good choice if you have to stay near the Atlanta airport. There are a few restaurants you can walk to. Given a choice between the nearby Hampton Inn or here, I would definitely return here. The rooms are good and the service was top-notch (something that you don't usually find in airport hotels).

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed August 3, 2012

I think that this is the best room for your money in that area. I have stayed at the Hampton Inn (across the street) and the Holiday Inn (next door). They are all in the same price range, but the Hyatt Place gives you the most bang for your buck. The dining area stayed open until 11 pm, which worked well for me since work ran late. The breakfast was wonderful. There were lots of options available for me a non-pork eater and i was happy to see that. Wi-Fi is free and reasonably fast. the staff is very firnedly and helpful. The room was very spacious and clean.

The only negative is the elevators which they advertised are going to be upgraded soon. The elevators weren't a big deal, but their condition did not match the rest of the hotel.

Room Tip: i had a king bed with sofa, flat screen, and fridge. view of Holiday Inn but it was okay.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Its a newer hotel with nice amenities (flat screen TV, small frig, good size swimming pool). Although the hotel is new, it may not stay that way for long. It's getting a lot of wear and tear but maintenance is not keeping up with the small repairs: our phone, safe and one of the outlets did not work. There were small cracks and chipped paint along the wall corners. All minor things, that after time, will prove to be reasons rate the hotel lower. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was good, not the best (pre-made breakfast sandwiches were a dry). The rooms were spacious enough for two adults and two young kids (10 & 7), two double beds and pull-out sofa was perfect. The pool area had plenty of sitting and the pool was clean! I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We were pleased with the room, but were more impressed by the staff. They were very friendly, courteous and helpful. We used the shuttle service a couple of times to take the Marta from the airport to our destination and the drivers were very helpful providing us with a brochure, looking up information on the internet for us, answering our questions and recommending local restaurants for our late dinners. The hot breakfast was hot and there was nice variety of items. However, one morning it appeared the kitchen was short staffed. Many of the items had not been refilled so we had cereal and toast. They were refilled about 20 mins later, but we finished eating and wanted to be on our way. This was not the case our next morning. Everything was refilled very promptly and there was something for everyone. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to our friends.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Held our Family Reunion there from Friday - Sunday and was extrememely pleased with the size and layout of each room. All rooms could comfortablely accommodate three people with ease. Each room contained a sleeping area with either a King size bed or two queens beds in the double. The other section of the room was an entertainment area that contained a sectional sofa that doubled as a pull-out sofa bed.
The meeting room is slightly small but depending on the size of group activity, it is adequate.
The rooms and services were great !!!!!!!!
Location is near the Airport with quality eateriers nearby, Malones Bar & Grill, Spondivits, Marchons, Ruby Tuesdays, American Diner and others.

Room Tip: Great spacious rooms
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Although the staff was very friendly, the rooms (we booked two) were unclean. Upon our arrival, we noticed the floors were dirty and asked the front desk clerk if someone could vacuum the floor. We had a toddler with us and did not want him crawling on the uncleaned floor. While she apologized and assured us someone would be up shortly, no one ever came. The next day, we returned from sightseeing at 1:30 p.m. The room had not been cleaned--no clean towels and the bed was unmade. I informed the front desk clerk and we left again for some more sightseeing.
When we returned again at 4:30 p.m., the room was STILL unclean. The room was not cleaned until 5:00 p.m. This was totally unacceptable. Complaining to the manager did no good. He appeared to be uncaring about the situation. My family will never stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Check the hotel reviews first.
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Stayed over night on the weekend. Hotel was fully booked. Mostly by local and regional road travelers. Stayed at the wheelchair accessible room which was pleasant to see it has a mobile dial shower handle. A rare treasure to see in USA hospitality. The great quality of bed mattress seems to be a consistent standard at this Hyatt brand. The room had a nice big LCD TV which is nicely visible anywhere from the room. The hotels lacks a laundry guest room. Breakfast area is a bit crowded. They go beyond serving hot deli service throughout the day which is was convenient. Shuttle is prompt and very courteous. Location is surrounded by another couple airport hotels and a Ruby Tuesday restaurant. But that was it. The hotel still have this new feel to it. Especially compared to older four star hotels around the airport, but also had its fair share of guest abuse too.

Room Tip: Stay in lower floor rooms. Wheelchair accessible rooms are not bad at all.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business