“Biggest Hyatt Place kitchen Yet!”

Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North
Ranked #37 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Memphis, Tennessee
“Biggest Hyatt Place kitchen Yet!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2011

It's true, of all the Hyatt Place hotels I've stayed, this one has the biggest dining area. Not sure why but even the lady at the front desk say that people always tell them that. I always stay at Hyatt Place when I can. I just like having the seperate living area and sleeping quarters. Not exactly a two room suite but does the job very well. Some have said that the bathrooms at Hyatt Place are small (and they are) but these are a tad bigger then those i've seen in the past.

We were there on a busy weekend and arrived late. Thought there was no parking but believe it or not there was a parking attendant helping direct traffic even close to midnight. Very nice!

Why stay at the nearby Hilton or other ATL airport hotels when this one has free parking and is close to the resturants. Can't complain one bit.

Room Tip: The hotel has six floors!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank mtsublueraider

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
North Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2011

I was stuck in Atlanta due to flight cancellations and changes. After a long week of work and a stressful day at the airport the Hyatt Place was exactly what I needed. I always enjoy Hyatt Place when I travel. The rooms are large and modern. The TV is AWESOME and allows me to hook up my ipod and other devices. Staff was helpful arranging a ride to the airport and setting my wake up call.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Orange1231
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2011

My fiance myself and our two year old stayed here March 24-28 and we had a very nice stay. The room was very clean and large and for the price ($89.00 per night) it was a great find. The staff was EXTREMELY helpful and nice. Our room was at the very end of the hallway away from the elevator so we virtually heard no noise. As far as location goes it was about 30minutes out frm downtown Atlanta but we didnt mind because we got to see alot if the surrounding areas. The only downside was breakfast, it was a bit crowded and backed up, we waited for 30 minutes so we wound up having to cancel our order and go to Waffle house instead. Overall it was a great stay and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank Octavialctc
Minneapolis, MN, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2011

This met all of our expectations for a one-night layover at Atlanta and will be our go-to option in the future. Room was bigger than we expected, clean and very quiet (good air conditioning/fan if you enjoy the white noise like I do!) The shuttle runs every half hour from the airport, no need to call or reserve - it's a bus-style shuttle rather than the van kind so space wasn't an issue. To catch it, go across the taxi lane, past the Atlanta "shared ride" shuttles, and you'll see the hotel shuttle area. (We were a little bleary coming off our flight and didn't get where to go right away!) There are two check in kiosks in the lobby which you can use as an alternative to checking in at the front desk which was really helpful when a shuttle full of people come into the lobby all at once. There is even a small bar in the lobby where you could grab a drink if you like. Breakfast choices were great. This will be our go-to option in Atlanta from now on if we have to do the overnight layover thing again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank monktravels
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for one night (March 13) while in transit in Atlanta. The desk agents were VERY nice and check in was quick and easy (free wifi). I was very hungry and one of the nice ladies made me a grilled chicken salad which was so tasty. The only downside to this place is that the AC units are VERY loud and if you are a light sleeper, then you will hear them. Also, there was an exhaust fan on below my room which sounded like a freight train. I called the front desk and they were apologetic and turned it off. However, the AC units definitely need to be updated. I would definitely stay there again, though - the service was GREAT!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
HotelAtlanta, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, March 16, 2011
We are delighted that you chose to stay with us and even more that you took time out of your schedule to review our property! We take pride in our Gallery Host and the service that we provide and are glad that you noticed our excellent service. I want to apologize for the noise that the A/C made during your stay. Please email me directly your room number so that I can follow up with maintenance and rectify the problem. My email is t.weaver@hyattselect.com.

Thanks in advance and please choose to stay with us on your next trip to Atlanta!

Tameshia Weaver
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North
Auburn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2011

This has got to be my favorite Atlanta airport hotel! Seriously, it's wonderful. Rooms are large and looked just like in the pictures in the website. Check-in was a breeze, staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms were AMAZINGLY large and modern with a great huge flat screen TV. Lots of mirrors too. There was a partition for a small sitting area. My only complaint is that the bedsheets seems unusually rough, this I did not like. The internet was also free. The food they served in their mini-restaurant was surprisingly good. I expected all of it to be microwaved food, but it was not. Breakfast, which was free, was blah, left much to be desired. But still better than nothing I suppose. It was just continental breakfast so just patries and a few fruits.

For the price we paid, which was less than $100, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank xavier16
Greenville, SC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2011

The last review of this hotel I mention that I was assured by the staff that the reservation issue was because we used a 3rd party for our reservation. I enjoyed staying at the property the last time despite the mishap and decided to stay there again on this trip to ATL. I booked our reservations through the Hyatt Place website this time 2 months in advance. I reserved 3 rooms with double beds. The other members of my party arrived before I did and were told that there were no double rooms available. When I arrived I was told the same thing. I told the staff member that it was not acceptable because I reserved a double over 2 months ago. The manager came over and miraculously a double room was available. After dinner, the other members of my party asked the manager why our reservation was not honored. He stated that double rooms are considered an request and that Hyatt Place only guarantees accomodations not double beds. When I asked why was I able to get a double room later that evening? He stated that he had a cancellation and that was the only reason I received a double room. Hmmm . . .cancellation? Would that mean someone who requested a double room like I did cancelled their reservation? Anyway, I would no longer recommend this hotel especially if you have a larger party and will need a double room. The manager is very slack and seems to be a liar! Even after we assured him we were repeat customers having the same issue he did not offer any type compensation for our discomfort or inconvenience.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport North
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek

Been to Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North? Share your experiences!