“OMG have the ginger martini!”
Review of Alma Cocina

Alma Cocina
Reserve with OpenTable
Alma Cocina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 4,041 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: MARTA Peachtree Center
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Coming from CA i was less than hopeful about dining on something resembling Mexican food. I had to laugh when on the menu the avocado taco was deep fried (there isn't enough fat already in an avocado?) Since i'd already had the ginger martini-like drink (its their signature and i don't think it is actually a martini but boy is it yummy!) i went ahead and ordered the fried avocado taco...really good. Shared it with my traveling companion who had the mole chicken. Outstanding mole. Normally can't stand Tres Leches cake but we ordered some and loved it. First class atmosphere adjacent to the Ritz Hotel, and great overall menu. Highly recommend it. Normal pricing.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Met friends after busy day at Americas Mart, virtually across Peachtree St. Creative Mexican/Latin Menu, nice wine list, good Margartias. Salsa with the chips has a real bite to it. Our server was friendly, prompt and helpful in explaining some menu items.
Reasonable prices, active bar scene. Nice sized table for three of us. Will go back when in the area again.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

One bit of negativity: the service at this place can range from great to mediocre depending on how busy it is. You know what else? If the wait staff slapped me and called me ugly I'd probably still eat at Alma. The food has been consistently delicious and the location and decor make me feel warm, trendy and cultured all at the same time.
Upscale and Unpretentious, this place is a great stop if you're in the area and want to impress a date or friends without really trying. The pork belly tamales are won-der-ful. I think I want to marry this place.

1  Thank Melissa M
Reviewed December 19, 2013

very tasty but some dishes are quite spicy. good wine choices. next door to Ritz Carlton. Jos. banks clothier also very close

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Ate here for dinner. I had a margarita that was okay. Very sweet. We also had the butternut squash guacamole which was very good.

Service was okay. Our server kept interrupting us to ask us if we wanted more water, rather than just checking our glasses for herself and filling them.

The dinner portions were small. The food was okay. I was hoping to be blown away after the guacamole, but I wasn't.