“Lego should be ashamed......”

LEGOLAND Discovery Center
and up
LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Atlanta
Ranked #47 of 292 things to do in Atlanta
More attraction details
Owner description: LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Atlanta offers a fun, highly interactive and educational 2-3 hour indoor experience, ideal for families with children 3-10 years old. Based on the ever-popular LEGO® brick, LEGOLAND Discovery Centers provide a range of interactive play areas, including 4D cinema; master classes from the LEGO Master Model Builder; exciting LEGO rides, such as an interactive and immersive ride called Kingdom Quest; special party rooms for birthdays and other celebrations; as well as the popular MINILAND exhibit designed to reflect the iconic buildings and skyline of Atlanta.
Reviewed June 17, 2013

First - let me say I have never been inside the Legoland Discovery Center. My son (who has Aspergers) was inside with his dad - I went to a movie. When the movie was finished - I tried to reach them and recieved no response. I figured they were having a great time and just forgot to check the phone. I waited for about 40 minutes - still no reply. So, I went to the ticket window to see if I could go in and find them to see if they needed more time. I was told in no uncertain terms that I could not go in unless I bought a ticket. I offered to leave my i.d. with them while I looked. Nope - they wouldn't let me in. I offered to leave my entire purse with them while I looked - nope, not allowed. I understand there are rules about this sort of thing, but there HAVE to be exceptions. They didn't offer any alternative to the situation other than to sell me an over priced ticket.

As far as the actual visit - my son liked what he saw.....but he didn't get to do any of the things that had long lines. Like I mentioned, he is on the Autism spectrum and has a very hard time waiting in lines.

This actially brings up another point. When I called - before we bought the tickets, I was told they do not have any provisions for special needs kids. The person on the phone suggested buying the tickets online because "you don't have to wait in line when you get here". I said, "so you DO have some provisions for special needs kids"?
She then went on to say that what she meant was- you don't have to wait in line to get INTO the center - BUT you do have to wait in line for the attractions. Pointless.

4  Thank bleubelle31
Whitney W, Public Relations Manager at LEGOLAND Discovery Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of LEGOLAND Discovery Center Atlanta. We're sorry to hear that your son's visit did not meet expectations. In terms of the entry rules and procedures, this is a policy that all staff are trained to ahere to; however, I am sincerely sorry that they did not offer any other solution and assist in helping you find your family. In terms of waiting in the lines for the rides, this is simply how our attraction was built. It was not constructed to have any sort of priority entrance or fast track entrance to the rides. In order to avoid large crowds and wait times, consider visiting us during the week or after 4pm. To follow up with a member of management concerning your son's visit, please call 404-848-9252.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

After reading so many bad reviews I wasn't sure what to expect. Overall, my kids had a great time and that's really the objective, so in that respect it was great. The first 'ride' wasn't great, really just projected scenes that you shoot with lasers for points. There's no lead up to it or description of the ride. My daughter was scared because she had no idea what was going on with it. The lego Atlanta as great, so many details! The main room was much smaller than I expected. The jungle gym area didn't seem great and not really connected to the lego theme. It was ok, I don't know that I'd go back but I'm glad we saw it once. It was extremely over priced. I think adults should have to pay much less than kids. There weren't many employees in the area. I think they should be around to help kids and keep everything flowing. Not be babysitters but they do need to regulate and keep people following directions. They'd be more helpful than just having people hound you to complete a survey. The food seemed reasonably priced and a decent selection.

4  Thank emnb
Whitney W, Public Relations Manager at LEGOLAND Discovery Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to LEGOLAND Discovery Center Atlanta! We are pleased to hear that your children enjoyed themselves while here. In regards to our pricing, we have several different ticket options available, including an Afternoon Saver Ticket, starting at just $12.50! We also have several other offers in the market, such as Kids Go Free coupons that will help cut down on the cost. To speak with a member of management regarding your visit, please contact 404-848-9252.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We took a 5 year old for this attraction. The ride at the beginning is great and we did twice. This attraction is really one large room with areas to play in. The 5 year old loved it! Unfortunately, it became quite packed with summer camp children which I think is wonderful for them to be able to come to play. However, it was as they say "pretty packed"! We saw 2 of their films each 12 minutes long and enjoyed those immensely. The cafe is wonderful....prices are great for a family to eat reasonably. All in all a nice place and our 3 hours there was plenty.

4  Thank cruisingrightalong

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to LEGOLAND Discovery Center Atlanta! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit! To take advantage of discounted ticket prices at non-peak times, please visit our website to purchase our Afternoon Saver Ticket. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Legoland is too small for the amount of people, my 2 kids were unable to enjoy any of the stations because of all the congestion of kids on all the so called multi stations, pieces of Legos were all over the floor, and the activities were not spaced out to make more room. The only thing there that was organized was the kingdom quest laser ride and the Lego 4d cinema studio everything else was wild and crazy... I would recommend you go to this place on a very slow day so you can enjoy it...

2  Thank 20SW

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to LEGOLAND Discovery Center Atlanta! We are sorry the volume of the center impacted your experience. We do have a special online ticket offer after 6pm when we are less busy. I hope you can take advantage of this in the future! To follow up with a member of management concerning your visit, please call 404-848-9252.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We took our 4 year old granddaughter to Legoland. After being rushed through the factory, the employee directed us to Kingdom Quest. I was very shocked that this ride included guns for the children to shoot. Certainly not appropriate for children of any age. The Duplo Village would have been fine for the under 5 set, however no employee was monitoring its use and bigger kids were playing there and throwing blocks at each other. The Merlin's Apprentice ride was manned by one employee. This made the line very long because he had to make sure that each rider was secure before the ride and then make sure that they got off of the ride before he could load the next group. I was not allowed to take my purse on the ride, and it had to "sit" in an unsecured location for the duration of the ride.

3  Thank SCVisitor_10

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit to LEGOLAND Discovery Center Atlanta. We are sincerely sorry your visit did not meet expectations. In terms of your experience at Merlin's Apprentice, we do follow very strict health and safety procedures while loading guests onto the ride. While this can cause a delay during busy hours, we feel the safety of our guests is of top priority. In addition, the gates lock automatically upon the start of the ride, so I can ensure you your purse was safely out of the reach of any other guests. Should you like to follow up with a member of management concerning your visit, please call 404-848-9252.