“Loved it”

and up
LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Atlanta
Ranked #49 of 291 things to do in Atlanta
More attraction details
Owner description: LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Atlanta offers a fun, highly interactive and educational 2-3 hour indoor experience, ideal for families with children 3-10 years old. Based on the ever-popular LEGO® brick, LEGOLAND Discovery Centers provide a range of interactive play areas, including 4D cinema; master classes from the LEGO Master Model Builder; exciting LEGO rides, such as an interactive and immersive ride called Kingdom Quest; special party rooms for birthdays and other celebrations; as well as the popular MINILAND exhibit designed to reflect the iconic buildings and skyline of Atlanta.
Biloxi
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Loved it”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My 6 year old loved it. My 13 year even liked it and you know how hard it is to please a teenager. It was expensive, but we expected that. I just wish they had one closer to Biloxi because we would visit it often.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Laila Y
, Manager at LEGOLAND Discovery Center, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Hi, thank you for taking time to leave us a review of your visit! We're glad to hear that you and your children both 6 and 13 years old really enjoyed themselves. We hope that you'll come back and visit us again the next time you're in Atlanta. Thanks!

• Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
“Lots of room for improvement... start with staff”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I didn't have high expectations for a mall-based experience, but was still disappointed. For a timed-entry attraction, there were so many people crammed in there it was very hard to move. The staff in the first two areas (the factory, which we were rushed through in about 60 seconds, and the first ride) were completely overwhelemed and were overtly frustrated - they didn't seem to know what to do to deal with the hordes coming through.

Miniland was impressive, and my six-year old and I enjoyed identifying the places we knew.

Once into the "big room", it was clear we were not going to be able to see the movie or ride the ride - the lines were snaking around the entire room. After waiting 25 minutes for the first ride, we weren't interested in another. Again, this place seems to just pump the people in without regard to how it's going to impact the staff or patrons.

We spent most of our time in the "pools of legos" on the side of the room, since that's where we could find a space. Once parked there, I watched as young girls sang highly inappopriate lyrics to karaoke songs into the microphone. Five year olds singing some of this stuff? Need a check on those lyrics, folks. We tried to build a race car, but with maybe 10 sets of wheels and 30 kids trying to build, we had to basically sit and watch for kids to finish with their cars and then beg for one wheel at a time. I think Lego can afford to supply a few more wheels....

Finally, the firehouse area - it was fun for my daughter, but overwhelming for the staff, who made comments about the parents just leaving them in there to run wild. It wasn't surprising to me that they'd run wild in there, after standing in line for such long periods. Also, they should not have one staff person watching maybe 30 kids in there - it's just too much for one person.

Overall my daughter had fun, but we won't be going back. At this point I don't think we'd risk Legoland, which I understand is bigger. But if this company won't invest in more staff, and paying them better (and providing more training), I don't think this is a worthwhile investment.

Visited June 2012
, Manager at LEGOLAND Discovery Center, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Hi, thank you for taking time to leave us a review of your visit to the attraction. Typically, weekends especially during the summer are busier days, but we do follow health and safety procedures that allow us to manage our capacity in effort to provide a quality experience for our guests. Understandably, there may be a mix review from guest as it sounds like your daughter enjoyed herself and perhaps you did not. If you'd like to follow up with a member of the management team please feel free to call us at 404-848-9252. Thanks once again for your time.
Miami, Florida
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“A great place to spend the afternoon!”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Took my sons, 6 and 8. They LOVED it! If you go after 4:00 pm, you can purchase discounted tickets ($13.50 per person) online. It's a great deal. They have a cafe that's not extensive but has enough to satisfy everyone with reasonable prices. We were ready to leave a little after 8:00 pm and went in to watch one last 4d movie. We ended up getting to stay in the theater to watch 4 movies in a row and loved it!

, Manager at LEGOLAND Discovery Center, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of your visit to the attraction. We pleased that you and your guest enjoyed your time at the attraction. We hope that you will come back and see us again soon!
Smyrna, GA
174 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Is what it is”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

You can take all these bad reviews with a grain of salt in my humble opinion. I don't know what their expecting. It's located in a mall people. If you want a massive LEGO expansive than head down to Florida Lego Land. This is a great place to visit for a few hours to either beat the heat or the rain. The kids, 11, 11, 6 and 2 loved it! Is it a place you visit weekly, nope. It's a yearly trip in my opinion. Plus, an added bonus is that there is a theater just across from LEGO Discovery. Parents, you may find it boring, but honestly are you going for yourself?

Visited May 2012
, Manager at LEGOLAND Discovery Center, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Hi, thank you for taking time to leave your review of LEGOLAND Discovery Center Atlanta! We appreciate your review and it sounds like you enjoyed yourself. We do have several events that happen throuought the year that you may want to consider returning and participating in. Thanks!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Such a waist of money and time.”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

It cost 19 dollars for each adult. Why are parents being charged?! You can't go with out a kid any ways. how stupid. The worst thing is that I paid for my self to get in and brought my toddler almost 2 years old there. All they had for her to play with was a very small baby pool with legos in it. we could buy a bucket of legos for the price we paid to get in and kept our legos. What a waist. even if you brought a older kid it wouldnt be worth it. Its a very small building with not a lot to. A 7 year old would be bored after 30 mins. a better place to go is Sensations therafun,cost 17 , you.can stay all day,leave and come back and there are many activities for kids of all ages. Lego land totally sucked

2 Thank Danarocks83
, Manager at LEGOLAND Discovery Center, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you for taking time to leave us your review of the LEGOLAND Discovery Center here in Atlanta. We're disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your time here. We are a children's attraction geared to children ages 3 to 12. You did have to pay for yourself, however your child under the age of three was free. We find that on average our guests stay two - three hours. If you'd like to follow up with us about your visit please feel free to reach us at 404-848-9252. Thank you.