“Grouper sandwich was good”

The Big Ketch Saltwater Grill - Buckhead
Ranked #329 of 4,000 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2012

A little pricey for a grouper sandwich, but it was good.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

I've eaten here twice and loved it each time. I've been lucky to enjoy a late lunch on their open air veranda, which is decorated in a beach-y theme and very appropriate.
Their food is always fresh and tasty. While not really on my diet, i love the hushpuppies - they have a bit of a kick and really set the mood for your meal. I've enjoyed fresh fish with great sides both times.
I will definitely eat here again when i'm in the area!

Reviewed April 17, 2012

The Big Ketch has the right atmosphere for a seafood restaurant with its casual nautical decor. It reeks of fun and the surf as much as a city bound place can have. Parking is a challenge, but we have always found a space. No reservations so count on a 30 minute or more wait in the bar. The bartenders are fun loving and almost too relaxed if that is possible. We asked for outside seating so we had a little longer wait, but that was not an issue. If you are in a hurry go elsewhere. Our patio table was perfect as we could hear the band/singer but were not on top of him. Mainly a younger crowd with no children on a Saturday night. We ordered oysters on the half shell and tomato salad as appetizers. Very tasty for the price. Had grilled grouper and grouper bites as entrees which come with 2 sides. Odd that sides did not offer choice of baked potato, fries, slaw or other seafood house staples. Did have hush puppies, broccoli, mashed potatoes and other items. Food was good and the portions while not large were ok for the price. Again this is not fine dinning. Go elsewhere for that. Service was acceptable. Nice waitress and so were the folks who delivered the food. We are above middle age, but really enjoyed the restaurant and its atmosphere. Eye candy was evident in the crowd. Have read other reviews complaining about service and portions. We thought it was a good evening and fun, not fine dining.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

Just ate here tonight with friends. The ambiance could not have been better: cool spring Atlanta evening, outside seating, great acoustic music in the background. But the service was absolutely horrible. Our server seemed to have several tables, but not enough to be as slow and forgetful as he was. Some highlights:
-greeted us by saying he'd "be right back, just have to close these other people out"
-brought appetizer over 15 minutes after ordered
-side dish left off of my entree, I told him but he never brought it or seemed to even remember that it had been forgotten. I waited the whole meal and it never arrived
-brought us the check without a pen, said he would be back and NEVER returned. Talk about not wanting a good tip! I finally asked another server for a pen and she even seemed irritated that he hadn't given us one as well (as if it happened alot)

The food was great, but I won't pay $60 + tip to have the dinner ruined by poor service. I did speak with the manager after we left and she was very apologetic, but we probably will not return to take a second chance.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

We've been here many times and are always very happy with the service, the food, and the vibe. Great outdoor seating, good live music, and one of the best burgers in town. The seafood they are known for is great too, and you gotta love any place that puts complimentary boiled peanuts on the table, but their burger is steller.