“Very Unprofessional”

Staybridge Suites Atlanta Buckhead
Ranked #101 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Myself, my daughter, and my little grandson stayed at this hotel during the Christmas holiday while visiting family. I figured it would be pretty nice since it is in the Buckhead area. The first room they gave us Room 604 had an overpowering smell of cigarette smoke the minute we opened the door. They changed our room to 407 with light bulbs in the lamps that did not work, a giant rust stain in the bathtub, no vent fan in the bathroom, several good sized white carpet stains in the bedroom, and curtains that would not close because they were missing curtain hooks. After myself and several other guests waited a reasonable time on December 24th, I had to knock on the door and step into the kitchen area several times to ask for forks, milk, and food to be put into the empty food serving containers. Each time we knocked on the door, the young lady was having a happy chat with a gentleman who looked like he did not belong there. I could not believe he was in the kitchen around the food being served to hotel guests. The icing on the cake was on Christmas morning. The lady working in the food area that morning was more than rude. When asked for a refill in the coffee urn and for a coffee cup, the lady said "well you can just get some in the lobby" and then went outside to smoke her cigarette and chat. Really??? Well, I went to the lobby and that coffee urn was empty also, so I ended up asking the front desk person for a cup of coffee. The woman working in the kitchen area was so disrespectful in the way she spoke to my daughter that we left the food area and advised the front desk of the problem. It was very obvious this woman was not happy to be working there. And now, after all that "holiday fun", I find that they have overcharged my credit card. This hotel should retrain their kitchen staff, have some type of quality control when charging credit cards, and for goodness sake have a manager check the rooms behind the cleaning staff to make sure they are presentable for paying customers.

Room Tip: Do not stay in Room 604 or 407.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank JustHumbleMe M
rossmore1, Manager at Staybridge Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Thanks for the feedback, it gives us a chance to cvorrect our problems.
Reviewed with front desk staff the issue with credit card however I do not see where nthe card was ever charged by us. I do see authorizations in case of incidental charges but nothing charged to the card by us
Breakfast staff has been cited and dealt with - no excuse for this
Maintenace issues in both rooms have been addressed

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Very clean with friendly staff. The hotel has an indoor pool and jacuzzi which is perfect for winter. The room was spacious and well stocked with supplies. The hotel serves a good variety of breakfast items. This was my first stay at a Staybridge and I will definitely return if I am in the area. The bedding is comfortable and the view from the 11th floor was great!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
rossmore1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thanks for the comments, they will be shared.
Come back and see us

Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

I stay here for 3 nights for a business trip. The front desk staff was friendly and check in was fast. Unfortunately there was a construction in progress on the hall way at 11:00 am when they try to changed the carpet that lead to the only elevator in the building. After manouver around I was safely get into the elevator. The next morning I found out that my hair dryer is not working. I call front desk which after a few minutes later came up and tried to fix it. Then after a few tried he brought me another hair dryer and promise me that the maintenance will fix it today. That never happen until the end of my stay.
The housekeeping person never empty my trash and did not replace the towels that they took out. When I read the notice by the sink it clearly said that the light cleaning means empty trash and replacing towels on the weekdays and you need to requested for the weekend. If the weekday weren't done, I think you can forget the weekend.
Breakfast is ok, good variation also manager special in the evening. I tried the burger and it was actually pretty good.
I also have a little issue with my bills because it was 3of us tried to check out in the same time, so there were some confusion , but it eventually got clear up before my time to go to work.

• Stayed: December 2012
rossmore1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thank you for your feedback it allows us to get better
Sorry for the problem with replacing the hallway carpet we tried to replace as fast as we could and in sections.
Your comments on housekeeping and the hairdryer have been shared with the staff in effort to improve our service
Please accept my apologies for the issues

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have stayed at this property many, many times over the years. Gladly, it is now being renovated. It deserves this attention. Not because it is bad, rather because it has been a friend for many years and has developed some wrinkles.
The staff is still over the top good. Expensive hotel good. A nice touch in a working person's Inn that is not expensive.
If you are picky-picky, wait until they renovations are complete. But if you just want a good place to sleep in Buckhead, the time is right.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
rossmore1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

First floor in pogress for refurbishment - whole new face lift

Reviewed October 8, 2012

This hotel was nice. The front desk was ok...some where good others were ok. I love staying the Buckhead, this was the first time at this hotel. I liked the large suites, and kitchen area. I wish the breakfast was open a bit later. I would definitely stay here again, especially if I bring my family.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Thanks for the review
Refurbishments now in progress to improve our product

Reviewed October 1, 2012

The location is great! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast selection was great. We ate late one morning and the selection was limited, but still enough for us! The room was well appointed and comfortable. If we ever need to stay in Atlanta again, this will be at the top of the list!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
rossmore1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Thanks for staying with Staybridge Suites

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We come to Atlanta 2x a year to catch ball games. We normally stay at the Holiday inn that is on the same road but they are no longer part of the IC chain. Always thought you had to stay 3 or more days at a Staybridge but glad I looked up the info to prove me wrong! Close to Marta train, restaurants and shopping all within walking distance. Great room, hot breakfast and housekeeping staff was very friendly and excellent in upkeep of my room. I will definitely come back for my next weekend trip!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
rossmore1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thanks for the review. You can stay with us for any length of time - even 1 night