“Great room, terrible service.”

Staybridge Suites Atlanta Buckhead
Ranked #103 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I just returned from Atlanta where I stayed at the Staybridge Suites. There are many things I liked about the hotel: quiet location, excellent restaurants within walking distance, and the rooms are enormous. However I experienced absolutely horrific service. When I arrived the woman at the front desk checked me in and gave me my room keys in a folder marked with room #302. She also showed me where #302 was on the floor map. I went up to my room and neither key worked. I went back to the front desk and explained the situation. She recoded the keys and back up I went. Still no luck. Went back and forth twice more before I asked her to make sure that the keys were for room #302. "They're for #306" she replied. "But why does the folder say #302?" "I don't know." That was it -- no apology, no explanation, just sullen silence. Thank god no one was in #302 when I was repeatedly trying to get in.

There are just a few simple things hotel staff need to do -- and this hotel could not do most of them. The floors outside several rooms had restaurant menus scattered on them -- which no one had picked up. Garbage was left near the elevator for most of a day. For the money they charged for the room ($150 per night) I expected much, much more.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
rossmore1, Manager at Staybridge Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Working hard through coaching to fix this. Thanks for the feedback

Reviewed August 8, 2012

The hotel is centrally located, has great rooms, no fee for parking and free breakfast (average). The front desk is very helpful. We had 3 king-size suite rooms and they were Awesome! Great Value.We have stayed there twice and don't belive you can beat it in this area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This was my second stay at this Staybridge. You can't beat the price point, location and ameneities of this hotel. The rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable. I had no issues with my first visit but did have one on my recent one. The employee who was serving breakfast (she was the only employee I saw) kept expressing how staffing was short and and how no one likes to help pitch in. She was clearly overwhelmed and seemed exasperated in trying to keep up with the Sat AM crowd. I arrived a few minutes proior to 10AM (breakfast was served until 10:30AM). The forks were empty, no eggs, no sausage and a few other food items were low/close to empty. I work in the customer service industry and it is never ok to let the customer know those types of things. The breakfast on my second breakfast was no where near the quality of the breakfast that I had there on my first visit about 2 years prior. I will not hesitate to stay there again but more than likely will go for breakfast some where else.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
rossmore1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed here for 7 nights with a group of teens. Rooms were ideal for our needs with lots of space and the convenience of the kitchen. Breakfast was very good with lots of different choices and fresh fruit. The staff was very accommodating, even being sure breakfast was ready for us a little early as we needed to leave very early every morning. The kids enjoyed the theater room to watch the opening of the Olympics.

Staff and management was very helpful and friendly. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Quite simple and impressive. Dollar for dollar, this is hard to beat! Clean, large room, great location in Buckhead, Lots of free perks, parking & food. With all that being said I must say that the service at the front desk is lack luster. Needs improvement- Example I requested a simple item from the front desk and the guy was on the computer addressing me from the back room, would not make eye contact or even get up from his chair in the back office to assist me. That shows a level of laziness that is unacceptable to me in my world. Hopefully if Management reads this review, they can re train this employee at this otherwise pleasant hotel

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Looking for a three-night hotel stay in Atlanta, my wife and I looked for a hotel with a reasonable price - in a good district - with amenities of free wireless internet and a laundry. I searched comprehensively on-line and decided to book at the Staybridge Suites in Buckhead. We were not disappointed. It met our needs very nicely.

The Staybridge Suites is an 8-story hotel in a largely residential part of Buckhead - north of downtown Atlanta. Buckhead is seemingly a "second downtown"? The hotel is off the beaten track, several blocks east of Peachtree in a mixed neighborhood of small businesses, restaurants, but mainly residential.

The hotel is a typical establishment of its size, comparable to other such chains. Overall it is pleasant, but clearly not upscale. On the other hand, we had no complaints about our spacious room. Large, clean, very nice bathroom and good bed. No great view - we overlooked the multi-story parking stucture. But that was fine, we were in Atlanta in get out during the day and have a nice room at night.

The Staybridge Suites offered a complimentary buffet breakfast. It was adequate for time-conscious business travellers, but not of a high enough quality or ambiance for vacationers. After the first morning, we ate elsewhere.

Don't stay here to stay in your room or the hotel. But if you want clean, inexpensive, convenient lodging -- I would recommend.

PS: We needed a laundry mid-trip to clean our clothes. Not only was the laundry for guests clean and well-appointed --- it was FREE. A very good touch by management, especially for quarter-challenged travellers.

Room Tip: The elevators are very slow, the neighborhood is quiet. Ask for a lower-floor room. But both the s...