“Wednesday really is a hump day to dine out in Buckhead”
Review of Ocean Prime - CLOSED

Ocean Prime
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Second reservation for the "Buckhead" Restaurant week promo. The restaurant was nice and the food was fair. Service was extremely slow. The dishes for each course served remained on our table long after we finished. We ordered a side and it was finally delivered half way through the main course after several requests. Very disappointing. The food presentation was nice, but the entrees had no flavor. Our reservation was for 7:30PM on a Wed. and we walked out at 10:30PM and then had to wait for the valet for more than 20 minutes. The bill was much higher than the quality. We will not be returning.

Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

This is a follow up review to the previous review I wrote about Ocean Prime.

I decided to give Ocean Prime another chance, and I'm so glad that I did! It appears that there must be new management there as the place certainly had a different feel about it. People smiling (including the hostess) and we were treated like royalty. The General Manager Zack (I believe) even came over to say hello and ensure we were enjoying ourselves. A class act operation!

The food was tremendous. We started out with the oysters (very fresh and delicious) and the shrimp salad which was also incredible.

For the main courses, we enjoyed the NY strip and my wife had a piece of fish which was tender and succulent. Side items were the potatoes with jalapeños (a must) and some mushrooms.

Dessert we had the 10 layer carrot cake. It was great but very large!

Overall a 5 star experience. We will be back for future visits, and have already referred some clients to Ocean Prime who were wanting to know a great place locally to eat some fresh seafood.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We went here to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary and the staff and food was so awesome! They were waiting for us with champagne to get our celebration started. The server was very knowledgeable of the menu and gave us great recommendations for dishes to select. He also went above and beyond by letting us mix 2 different appetizers so that we could get more of a taste of everything. My favorite appetizer was the calamari. I ordered the blackened snapper and hubby ordered the sea bass. The server suggested a pinot noir to pair with my snapper and it was delish! I'm not even a pinot noir drinker! The wilted spinach that came with my snapper was great too (I didn't leave any of it behind!) LOL. The sea bass with whipped potatoes and truffle sauce was very good too. The fish melted in my mouth and the sauce added that extra umph. After our delicious dinner, the staff then surprised us again with a huge slice of chocolate cake with Happy Anniversary written on the plate! So romantic!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We traveled all day and went to the restaurant for dinner. my dinner was perfect. The food was top notch and well presented. The server was cute and interesting. The service excellent and the place very clean. All the items seemed to be super and our meal was very good and hit the spot.

Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Let me preface my review by saying I eat out in Atlanta a lot (several times a week) at some of the best restaurants in Atlanta. I had reservations for 7:45 on Sunday, and walked in dressed in a suit, my wife in a cocktail dress ready for a great experience at Ocean Prime.

First impressions were solid upon arrival (prior to walking in the door). Valet was friendly, it was poring down rain loved the fact there was an awning that was preventing the rain from getting my wife wet.

So far so good.

Then we walked up to the hostess stand and greeted the hostess who was as cold as ice! Didn't make eye contact, nor was friendly. We gave our name, and she acted annoyed that she had to seat us. Really? This is the first impression you want to give off to your clients? Never once smiled, or even thanked us for coming. We were so turned off my wife was ready to leave. She was a young African American girl in her 20's.

What really surprised me was the fact that I mentioned this exchange to my server, and he seemed to blow it off as if it was common practice. Never once did a manager come and speak to us. Very poor in my opinion.

We ordered a bottle of Cakebread Chardonnay had the deviled eggs, calamari (both good) also had some blue point oysters which were fresh as appetizers.

We each ordered the sea bass, mine was tender and juicy, my wife's a very thin piece and dry as the desert. We sent her fish back. No apologies, no comps, just another plate comes out (I'm done eating at this point).

Overall, "the director of first impressions" the hostess needs to find another line of work to be in. Food was good, not great and certainly not worth the money spent. $330 with tip for the two of us.

We won't be back.

OceanPrime, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Prime, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Thank you so much for your review of Ocean Prime. We want you to be assured we have shared your feedback with our team. We would really appreciate the chance to apologize personally if you would please be so kind as to email your contact information to info@cameronmitchell.com.

Thank you again. We truly hope to speak with you soon.

Jessica Sauter