“Decent food, overpriced with service that just doesn't "get it"”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Ocean Prime - CLOSED

Ocean Prime
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Atlanta, Georgia
“Decent food, overpriced with service that just doesn't "get it"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Let me preface my review by saying I eat out in Atlanta a lot (several times a week) at some of the best restaurants in Atlanta. I had reservations for 7:45 on Sunday, and walked in dressed in a suit, my wife in a cocktail dress ready for a great experience at Ocean Prime.

First impressions were solid upon arrival (prior to walking in the door). Valet was friendly, it was poring down rain loved the fact there was an awning that was preventing the rain from getting my wife wet.

So far so good.

Then we walked up to the hostess stand and greeted the hostess who was as cold as ice! Didn't make eye contact, nor was friendly. We gave our name, and she acted annoyed that she had to seat us. Really? This is the first impression you want to give off to your clients? Never once smiled, or even thanked us for coming. We were so turned off my wife was ready to leave. She was a young African American girl in her 20's.

What really surprised me was the fact that I mentioned this exchange to my server, and he seemed to blow it off as if it was common practice. Never once did a manager come and speak to us. Very poor in my opinion.

We ordered a bottle of Cakebread Chardonnay had the deviled eggs, calamari (both good) also had some blue point oysters which were fresh as appetizers.

We each ordered the sea bass, mine was tender and juicy, my wife's a very thin piece and dry as the desert. We sent her fish back. No apologies, no comps, just another plate comes out (I'm done eating at this point).

Overall, "the director of first impressions" the hostess needs to find another line of work to be in. Food was good, not great and certainly not worth the money spent. $330 with tip for the two of us.

We won't be back.

OceanPrime, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Prime, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you so much for your review of Ocean Prime. We want you to be assured we have shared your feedback with our team. We would really appreciate the chance to apologize personally if you would please be so kind as to email your contact information to info@cameronmitchell.com.

Thank you again. We truly hope to speak with you soon.

Jessica Sauter
Guest Services Manager
Cameron Mitchell Restaurants

Atlanta, Georgia
“Very good food nice restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Appetizer - ravioli and it was delicious
Salad - so good and generous portion
Had 8 oz filet doe dinner with broccoli and mashed potatoes cooked perfect.
Dessert - a peanut butter with Choc mousse rich but delicious.
I would go back! And hopefully sooner than later.

Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
“Solid High End Steak and Seafood Restaurant, but better options.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

I went to Ocean Prime for a business dinner and was pleased for the most part. The restaurant is your typical high end steak and seafood restaurant, but overall I would say that there are definitely better options in Atlanta. Bones is literally 100 feet down the street and a much better place to eat in my opinion. The food was on par for a restaurant for this price point but again, Bones and Rathbuns offer better steaks.

In the end, if I had to pay for dinner out of personal funds, I'd choose other restaurants over Ocean Prime. Of note I was a little taken aback by our server who stated, "I leave the tip line blank and let my service speak for itself." Yet, there was already a 20% gratuity added????? Did she really think she was going to get a tip over 20% (fyi, total bill was $1500 - you do the math)

• Visited October 2012
Duluth, Georgia
“Nice scene...food and drinks lot to be desired”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Enjoyed the scenery and ambiance. Lots of work needed on the food. Couple of needed adjustments: Dozen oysters were not meaty Blue Point oysters. Instead were tiny and terrible. Chef tried to hide poor sashimi grade tuna with avocado, too much ponzu sauce, and crispy corn flake starch vs. just chopping up a great piece of raw tuna.

Blackened snapper, lose the tarter sauce. Yellowfin tuna was a great piece of this round fish like a 8 oz filet but was ruined in the sauce and because of the sauce, the meat didn't crisp up on the outside when asked for rare. Instead the sauce make it more like a pay fried dish where the sauce kept it from being cooked properly. Desert of sorbet great! Expresso great. Cocktails extremely weak!!!!!! Can't say that enough. To go a grey goose martini straight up and have it watered down and not even ice cold is terrible. Enjoyed the ambiance, but plopping down $250 for a nice dinner when I expected so much more.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank atlantadad
OceanPrime, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Prime, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear atlantadad,
Thank you for your honest review of Ocean Prime. We cannot apologize enough we disappointed you and fell short of our own expectations for culinary excellence. We have shared your feedback regarding these dishes with our chef team. We would be very appreciative of the opportunity to follow up with you personally if you would please be so kind as to email us at info@cameronmitchell.com.

Thanks again.

Warm Regards,
Jessica Sauter
Guest Services Manager
Cameron Mitchell Restaurants
Decatur, Georgia, United States
“Celebrating Birthday with Classmates”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

My classmate and friend from middle school anf high school it was her Birthday and my Belated Birthday so she had a nice Birthday gathering the service was excellent a little pricey but it was well worth it.I will be going back we had lots of fun and listened to live band at 7:30 .The staff was super GREAT.I want to Thank the staff for their great SERVICE!! Love the place.

• Visited September 2012