“overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Ocean Prime - CLOSED

Ocean Prime
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
lagrange georgia
“overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

i had the pleasure of eating there this past weekend while the food was good it was way overpriced. 36 dollars for a dozen oysters had a total of 3 appetizers and 4 beers total including tip 110.00.

• Visited August 2012
OceanPrime, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Prime, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear bass1LagrangeGeorgia,
Thank you for your review and feedback about Ocean Prime. We appreciate your concerns regarding the pricing and value of your dining experience and would be grateful for the chance to follow up with you personally if you would please email us at info@cameronmitchell.com
Thanks again.

Warm Regards,

Atlanta, Georgia
“Surprise of the week”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

The surroundings and atmosphere are .... well ...cheesy... but the food was the surprise of the week. We respectively choose the Miso Cod and Chilean Sea Bass, the delicate flavor would stand comparison with a Michelin star in Europe. Diverse flavors, careful preparation and exact timing to serve. The starters Tuna Tartar and crab salad (I won't spoil the surprise on that one) were also wonderful. Avoid the deserts they are big and overpowering. As we were leaving we noticed a more relaxed terrace at the front so will maybe request a seat there next time. This is restaurant to enjoy the food and not be distracted by tedious business company.

• Visited August 2012
San Francisco, California
“Absolutely amazing filet mignon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I organized a private dinner party on behalf of my company at Ocean Prime and we were very pleased. Great food, amazing service and nice decor. It was a bit pricey but it was excellent! Make sure to have the filet mignon, crab cakes and house salad. Yum Yum!

Visited July 2012
OceanPrime, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Prime, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear DenisseChao,
Thank you for your great review of Ocean Prime! We are all so happy to know you and your colleagues enjoyed your dinner party with us! Thanks for your recommendation of the filet and crab cakes-they are definite favorites! Thanks again and we hope you will join us again soon!
Rheinland Pfalz
“First Class surf and turf place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

awesome ambiente. I tried the yellow fin thuna, one of the best fish I have had so far. Perfectly made with an almost rough core, smooth, and outstanding taste. Also filet mignon which was the choice of my friends was absolutely perfect. Not cheap but worth every cent.

• Visited June 2012
Dear GlobeTretter,
Thank you for your review and the great compliments. Our chef team is delighted you enjoyed a great culinary experience at Ocean Prime! We hope you will join us again the next time you are in the area!
Happy traveling!

Lithonia, Georgia
“Consistency is appreciated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

I first experienced this restaurant on Valentine's day. I don't know if I was extra hungry or so irritated with my date that the food seemed more satisfying than it actually was or what. But I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that when I went back a couple of weeks ago I was very disappointed. The service was over the top...not in a good way. I became so tired of being interupted every 5 minutes. The lobster which is supposedly never frozen...tasted frozen. My asparagus was so limp I couldn't bare to look at it, it appeared so unappetizing. My date who is from Maryland just kept talking about how terrible seafood restaurants were in Atlanta. It was a miserable evening. The ambience is great! Oh, and did I say that the tuna tartar tasted less than fresh. I will not be going back unless it is for the piano bar. The cocktails were very good.

• Visited June 2012
, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Prime, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear sherylgreen,
Thank you for your review. We are happy you enjoy the ambiance and the cocktails at our restaurant. On the other hand, we apologize for the inconsistency. We are so sorry for the intrusive service on your recent visit and that we did not provide you and your date an excellent evening with wonderful food. Our guest comments are very important to us and we will share your concerns with our team. We would certainly like to know more about your experience if you would please contact us at info@cameronmitchell.com

Thanks again.