“Outstanding Fusion Cuisine”
Review of Takorea

Takorea
Reserve with OpenTable
Takorea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #256 of 3,978 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Asian, Korean, Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Takorea is all about bold flavors at an affordable price. We have combined the best of Korean and Mexican street food to bring you a new culinary experience in a fun atmosphere. Dishes include Spicy Korean BBQ Pork Sliders with Cucumber Kimchi Slaw, a wide selection of Takos, addictive Sesame Fries, Gogi Nachos, Bibim Bop heaping with meat and veggies, topped with a fried egg and Korean red pepper sauce. Wash it all down with our selection of local craft beers, signature cocktails and unique wines.
Brooklyn, New York
“Outstanding Fusion Cuisine”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

As a fan of both Korean food in general and Korean tacos in particular, I was eager to try this place, and my expectations were easily met. The beef taco (flour tortilla with Korean barbecued beef and Korean vegetables) was fantastic, just bursting with flavor, and the crispy tilapia taco was also first-rate. I'd also mention an appetizer we loved: "sticky chicky," which was small pieces of sesame-crusted chicken in an apricot glaze, with cooked red onions and jalapenos. A sampler of "banchan," Korean vegetables, made a nice side dish. The drink menu is also innovative and inexpensive, and my mango-jalapeno martini was really good -- and not too hot or spicy, but just right, and only $5. The whole bill per person, with drinks and tip, was just $24.
Check out the menu online: they have variations on more standard Korean fare, but the Korean tacos are worth a trip out of your way.
The place is attractively decorated in a modern style, and although there was modern alt-rock on the sound system, it was not too loud, so it's easy to hold a conversation. Service was cordial and quick.
If you like Korean and/or creative fusion, this place is a must. We needed no reservation on a Sat. evening. It is an easy walk from the Midtown or North Ave. MARTA stops, one block east of Peachtree Street. It's also easily walkable from the hotels on West Peachtree, such as the Renaissance and the Indigo.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank jonco

Denver, Colorado
“The hostess was warm and friendly. She made dining alone a lot of fun! I will be sure to go back to Takorea!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Unique blend of korean and mexican food. Fun atmosphere, ambiance and employees. And Tako Tuesday for Two Bucks! Go!!

Visited October 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
“over hyped korean Mexican food”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Poor taco, neither korean nor mexican food are good there, the place is a shed, old and not inviting, uncomfortable.

Visited August 2013
Washington, DC
“Awesome!”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I was in town for a conference and looking for something interesting. I was not disappointed. The food was fantastic and the service was great (thanks Penny!). Although the tacos looked good, I stuck with the standard bibimbap (for $1 extra you could substitute kimchi fried rice, which I did). Just fantastic. You had a choice of 10 banchan, which was nice. Hot and spicy, but not TOO hot and spicy. Four of us showed up and we were expecting two more to join us. When 10 more showed up, we were so apologetic, but they were so gracious in accommodating us. I will definitely go back the next time I am in Atlanta.

• Visited September 2013
“Kimchi - Tofu - Tacos! It says it all”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Ok, Just moved down the street from this resturant. Its a small house on Juniper right beside an upscale Chinese restaurant. We were actually walking to eat at the Chinese restaurant but as we approached we some tons of people streaming into the house next door. Then we saw the name Ta-Korea. We ate there on Tuesday (2 dollar taco night). The food was fantastic. I had Kimchi Tofu Tacos and my wife had bobimbop. Full assortment of Asian and Mexican beers. Tecate was also 2 dollars that night. The resturant was packed - On a Tuesday. Food was very good and we will be back.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank HairyBear26

Been to Takorea? Share your experiences!