“Bulgogi Tacos? Absolutely!”

Hankook Taqueria
Ranked #241 of 4,030 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This Korean/Mexican restaurant was featured on "Georgia Eats", and sounded so intriguing that I had to try it. I ordered the Bulgogi Taco and the Gyro Taco, but it was the Sesame Fries that were the hit of the day. The staff were particularly helpful in suggesting menu items and I am looking forward to returning and trying something new.
The restaurant is located in an industrial area on Collier Road, and is clearly a local favorite. I love places that spend more time on the quality of the food they serve than on the decor. This is definitely one of those places!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Here is the real dealie infusion of Mexico and Korea into some of the best tacos I have ever tasted. We did an early bird dinner drive-by and found Hankook Taquirea at the bottom of Collier Road and some industrial park hell. But don’t let the location fool you my foodie amigos, this place explodes with authentic flavor that is so very fine. The cashier greeted us with a smile and recommended we try tacos and fries as it was our first time and we took the bait. We ordered fish, chicken and pork tacos built with lettuce, green onion, cilantro, and pepper jack cheese in spicy Korean sauces. The side of Sesame Fries were tossed in sesame oil and red pepper flakes. Yum! (Loved the Korean sauce ketchup for dunking) I think if I closed my eyes, I could have been on a South Korean street or down Mexico way or both places at once. Be prepared if you are looking for an interior that is she-she-la-la. The atmosphere looks like an old bus station grill in Scranton, PA…but the food is so very fresh and fine and worth it, you’ll want to order more before you leave. Hats off to the Chef! We are going back again and again.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Hankook Taqueria is fantastic -- delicious and inexpensive. Service is quick and friendly. I had their Bibim-Bop which is a mixture of rice, beef, vegetables (mushrooms, spinach, sprouts), and a fried egg topped with sesame seeds and a spicy red sauce. Huge portion and only $7! My co-workers enjoyed their sesame fries and tacos and they all looked delicious as well. This is a hole in the wall place on Collier not far from Chattahoochee Ave and parking is tight but it's well worth it. A must-try if you live or work intown.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I live in ATL and hardly ever write reviews on the restaurants I visit here locally. I don't know why I just don't. But anyway one Saturday AM we watched a local show on PBS about ATL hotspots. OMG, OMG we were sold, so we drove there and the parking lot said it before we walked in. The first visit we tried almost everything. You can't go wrong with anything on the menu and the prices are fab. if you’re looking for something out of the box even down to the location you will love this place and it's BYOB!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Go right now. Delicious, cheep, friendly. I got the crispy chicken and tofu tacos. Both were excellent. We also tried the dumplings and garlic fries. totally worth it!