“Great Food at a Great Price”
Review of Steamhouse Lounge

Steamhouse Lounge
Ranked #51 of 3,945 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
Hamilton, Georgia
“Great Food at a Great Price”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

When we walked in for our first dinner I felt like I had been transported down to Panama City Beach and was in a rustic beach side diner. The atmosphere is exactly what we were looking for as we were a large family group of ten. We had a variety of different foods including soups, fish, shrimp and lots of oysters on the half shell. The beer was cold and the food excellent.

My wife and I travel to Atlanta to visit our kids and family. The Steamhouse Lounge and Raw Bar has become a regular meeting place!!

• Visited June 2012

• Korean first
Las Vegas, Nevada
“TWO WORDS......LOBSTER BISQUE!!!”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I used to frequent Steamhouse Lounge when I lived in ATL and when it was in Buckhead. I have since moved but recently made it back to ATL for the first time in 10 years. I heard that the Buckhead scene was gone and that Steamhouse had relocated to midtown. I was happy to hear that since I was craving their delicious lobster bisque (5/5 STARS). I am not sure that the restaurant has the same vibe as the Buckhead location, but it was fine and we had fun. We met some old friends for a drink and sat upstairs. I have to say that even after 10 years of being gone, the lobster bisque is still the best!!!!

• Visited December 2011
Atlanta
“Casual Haven in Midtown Atlanta”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have been to the Steamhouse Lounge on West Peachtree in Atlanta twice in the last week. I had forgotten it was there. This is a very casual beer joint that serves good food, particularly seafood. It has a bar on the main level and also upstairs. Upstairs has a deck overlooking West Peacthree and the GA Tech area. Nice location in our beautiful fall weather. The main attraction to me is the reasonable prices for everything and raw oysters. Normally oysters are unaffordable in an upscale restaurant, but here they are $9 a dozen and $6 on Wednesday. I reluctantly tried the lobster bisque. Reluctant since I assumed it would be very creamy and heavy to eat. I was pleasantly surprised and would order it again. Nice diverse crowd with a down to earth staff who does a good job. They appear to have been working there for many years and feel at home. I highly recommend this restaurant for a casual outing of good food and beer. They have a valet service for parking also.

• Visited September 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great seafood”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

This restaurant is absolutely amazing!!!! Its been a long time since i have enjoyed a meal this much. We got the oyster platter and it was chock full of oysters, mussels, crab legs, and shrimp and came in three tiers. We also go the fried seafood platter and it was soooooo flavorful. It was just me and a lady friend and we virtually enhaled the food. The server we had was excellant and attentive and extremely friendly. Oh and the hush puppies....I have not had hush puppies this good in years. Steamhouse Lounge is probably the best seafood place in Atlanta and its definitely my favorite and i will DEFINITELY be going back.

Visited September 2012
tennessee
“Lots of choices!”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Read some reviews...had dinner...would go back. Lots of choices for casualindoor/outdoor seating. The server was friendly and helpful. The menu had many choices and we both would try something different the next time....I had grilled fish tacos and they were very good with generous amt. of fish...my husband had a 'Frogmore Skillet' ...he didn't ask particulars and it was (very large portion) an iron skillet with un-shucked oysters, un-shelled shrimp, unpeeled red potatoes, small piece of boiled corn and some sausage all in this 'butter' sauce....it didn't appeal to him as the oyster shells were in the same broth as the sausage and corn (unprotected by shells)...others might have liked it more than he did. We had the crab dip with the warm pita points and it was very good....there was so much crab that it made me wonder if it was all crab or some fish filler (should have asked, if it mattered!) but regardless, it was good. Will go back...for lunch or early dinner.

• Visited July 2012