“Second Disappointing Dinner”
Review of Double Zero

Double Zero
Reserve with OpenTable
Double Zero is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #321 of 4,000 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: I-285
Description: Our ancestors, and many others like them, made the pilgrimage from southern Italy to Ellis Island. These immigrants hit the streets of NYC with a ripe attitude and a culture deeply rooted in food. Their entrepreneurial spirit spawned many businesses as Italian-Americans infiltrated the neighborhoods surrounding Mulberry Street and much of the Lower East Side of Manhattan. This new home was rich in Neapolitan ties; however, a uniquely American identity was taking form as they embraced their status as first generation Italian-Americans. Now generations removed from that first journey across the Atlantic, we aim to update the concept of an Italian-American restaurant. The sourcing of our ingredients, our techniques, and the design of our space is modern, but we take inspiration from the tenacity, originality, and hustle of our ancestors — and of course, their damn delicious food. We hope that those who came before us would be proud of this effort.
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Had reservations for the 4 of us. We were seated at a terrible table. My husband faced the bathrooms and I faced the dishwashing area. Odd as we had reservations and it was not that busy. My husband's pasta was luke warm as was my risotto. We really felt like they had precookes the food, which is alos odd as we waited quite a long time to be served. My daughter's
mushroom pizza was far from crispy. We had eaten at this restaurant abou t7 months ago and been disappointed. Wanted to try it again as many people speak highly of it. We will not be returning.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Not your typical American pizza. They use a special flour from Italy, hence the name.
This is a delightful family run place in Sandy Springs. Several family members came by the table to ask what we thought about the food. I enjoyed being here on a weeknight since it was not busy. Weekends here are very busy.
Excellent selection of Italian wines and prosecco by the glass. The pizza with the smoked bacon and arugula was amazing.
Service was great. I will return!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

From the friendly valets, to the amazing bar tenders, great servers and absolutely delicious food - this is worth the trip. Must try the roast prok shared appetizer - unique and amazing. we have been three times with six different people and everyone hjas raved about the evening.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Double Zero took on a big project in this large interior space formally occupied by a few other restaurants even going back to Good Old Days. With great anticipation I took my wife there for our anniversary. We had eaten at Sugo and Iberian Pig and liked both of those restaurants, so we figured this was going to be great. Quite franky, The food is OK..nothing special. I cant really remember what I had...not a good sign. Even worse,on our last visit when we decided to give it another try,my wife had to wait forever for her food. The manager tried to make it up to her with a free dessert, but quite frankly, it did not inspire us to forgive the poor service. Why did the food not arrive for my wife? Well...the waiter kind of disappeared and alas, so will we.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Visited this restaurant with a group of four which included a six year old. The service was perfect and the pizza was delicious--made with very high quality, super fresh ingredients. The seasonal pumpkin cheesecake dessert was amazing. Will definitely eat here again next time we are in town. Valet parking was an added bonus.