“Late night craving”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

After a recent event at the Georgia Dome. I was hungry and it seemed everything was closed. One of Atlanta's finest directed me to the metro. Was skeptical at first based on location and appearance, but service was great. Food was a bit pricey but good under the circumstances. It's not 4 or 5 star but it was an oasis to my hunger

There are newer reviews for Metro Cafe Diner

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I was not really enjoying the restaurants of downtown Atlanta so a diner was a last resort. I had a great meal, one of the daily specials that included a really large salad and entree. Ordered a piece of cake to go. This was so huge it lasted four days!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Awesome food, cool atmosphere, friendly people, affordable prices. Open 24 hours. Dessert selection to die for.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I attended with a sister in Christ during the Woman Thou Art Loosed Conference. Her shuttle driver pointed it out on the way to the hotel and she wanted to try it for breakfast. I am a huge protein eater and I ordered the french toast with a side of bacon since we had a long session ahead.

They gave me 3 slices in a Texas Toast style (large) with two of the slimmest slices of bacon I've seen; I have no idea where they would even find a pig that skinny. I left hungry (with two pieces of french toast left) and paid about $10 without a beverage.

The atmosphere is very "Vegasy" and when we sat down, I immediately thought "tourist trap", but sometimes you have to take one for the team.

The manager was very hospitable, but I certainly would not recommend it or patronize again.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Reminded me of an older vegas diner with neon lights. But with the limited late night options, it was great. Standard diner food, plus for being open late night.