“Fantastic Neighborhood”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Atlanta
Virginia Highland Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 21 Atlanta B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Fantastic Neighborhood”
Reviewed July 12, 2010

I stayed in the Garden apartment recently and enjoyed my visit. The garden apartment has two bedrooms, two bathrooms, an office area, living room, kitchen. It also has the advantage of a washer/dryer. As a mother travelling with her small daughter the washer/dryer allowed us to pack lite. The apartment is large (I live in NYC so maybe my standards are low) and my daughter enjoyed running around. It is nicely furnished in a retro 50's way. There are a few steps in the apartment so my daughter sometimes needed help. The back deck has no guard rail so I was worried that she might fall off, but she was fine (she is 22 months). The kitchen was a little under equipped but workable.

The immediate neighborhood is amazing. Piedmont Park is a 5 minute walk, and has a brand new open air swimming pool open to the public. The pool is beautifully located and has sprinklers for young children. It has free lockers but you need to bring a lock. There is a fun toddlers playground next to the swimming pool too. The Botantical Gardens is right there too. On Saturdays there is a small farmers market.

Also 5 minutes away is Trader Joes and Starbucks and a variety of restaurants. A further walk (though a drive is recommended) is N Highlands and it's boutiques, restaurants and coffee houses.

The Highlands is a great neighborhood with numerous examples of Arts and Crafts architecture.

I did not interact with Adele a great deal, she seemed very nice and friendly. From reading the reviews I understand that some people had issues with the B&B itself. From the limited time I was in the main house it did seem more like someones home than a large B&B - so I guess it depends what you are after.

I strongly recommend the apartment for people with young children. I recommend the neighborhood for anyone looking for a non-tourist but central location.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank CushyNYC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed May 2, 2010

The Getaway apartment is perfect for families... it's very comfortable and neat, and it has a beautiful backyard where the kids can play and have fresh air. Also there are parks with playgrounds just a block from the B&B. We stayed here for almost two weeks with our two very little kids, and this place felt like a home away from home. We enjoyed so much staying here! Thanks Adele!

Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
New York, NY
Reviewed April 18, 2010

We chose this B & B because of its convenient location to our daughter in Midtown. It seemed a better option than the area hotels, and we like the Virginia Highland restaurants, cafes and shopping. Also a nice walk to Piedmont Park. The hostess/owner Adele is friendly and eager to please while cooking breakfast and brewing deliicious coffee.The 1920's bungalow is nicely updated and furnished with antiques and period pieces. Our charming Albert room had a very comfortable bed along with an easy chair for reading or watching TV. The garden was just beginning to bloom and is sure to be a showpiece.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Dayton, OH
Reviewed March 31, 2010

The garden apartment worked very well for my family of 4. We have 2 kids, ages 2 and 6. There was plenty of room in the apartment for all of us and there was a spacious yard where the kids played. The neighborhood is quiet with a park within walking distance. Local shopping, restaurants, Georgia Aquarium and Zoo Atlanta all within 2 - 3 miles.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Huntsville al
Reviewed February 24, 2010

Adele-I cannot express my thanks to you enough for the best business travel with the opportunity to stay in your lovely home. I look forward to bringing my husband back in the future. Simply loved the Virginia-Highland District which is a well kept secret for many visiting Atlanta. Great shops and restaurants in your lovely neighborhood. Thanks for the special touches that made my stay enjoyable. (goodie basket).

Look forward to sharing your home with my entire family.

Jane P
Huntsville AL

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed February 14, 2010

The ostess Adele was soooooo accommodating and friendly. She made us feel like we were staying over at a close friends, or a relatives house. The scenery was extremely nice, and the Bed and Breakfast is conveniently located near tons of shops and restaurants in the Metro Atlanta area. A MUST DO for couples.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Rocky Mountain
Reviewed December 14, 2009

As stated in other reviews, the innkeeper was "unusal" and lived on-site. We could hear hear talking, walking around and leaving/arriving in the wee hours. She unavailble to let us in when we arrived. We weren't in the room we expected and confirmed. We felt like we were in her home and a little uncomfortable. The TV in the living room wasn't working and she did not know how to operate it. There was considerable traffic noise. The parking is on a narrow and fairly busy street.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends