“A real gem in a great neighborhood!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Atlanta
Virginia Highland Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 21 Atlanta B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Pretty fabulous. We've stayed in some great B&B's here and in Europe, and this is in the conversation for the best.
The B&B's proximity to Piedmont Park is a huge plus. Several great restaurants (lunch and dinner) are within walking distance. The neighborhood is one of the nicest you'll find in Atlanta. Take a stroll through the neighborhood and you'll find lots of interesting architecture and gardens.
The B&B itself is interesting and cozy, and everything works (shower, etc.) The house was filled with antique furniture, but the mattress offered modern comfort. Adele was a gracious host. Be sure to check out her well-tended garden, which winds behind the house. Wow!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Virginia Highland Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Virginia Highlands has a great strip of restaurants and shopping. It's a peaceful area and great place for a weekend getaway.

Our stay at Virginia Highland B&B was great. I stayed here with my wife a couple of months ago. The hostess was nice and made us feel at home. The rooms are very nice and decorated with a cozy atmosphere. I highly recommend this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The Virginia Highlands Bed & Breakfast provides a comfortable and interesting environment in the heart of Atlanta. The charming bungalow welcomes its guests in the Spring with daffodils, hyacinths and pryacantha. The screened porch allows guests to enjoy fresh air, especially during March and April in Atlanta. There is an amazing surprise in the backyard -- you'll have to be there. The residence is very comfortable and furnished with an eclectic mix of interesting artifacts. Laundry facilities are available on-site. Our stay did not include "breakfast": we chose to self-cater and were able to prepare our meals easily in the well-equipped kitchen. Our only complaint was that there was no cutting board available.

The location is perfect for anyone needing access to downtown, midtown Atlanta. A Trader Joes is very close, and Whole Foods a little further down the road, but very convenient. A Publix is also nearby.

Due to a health emergency, our visit to Atlanta for the SEC basketball tournament turned into an extended stay at the Virginia Highlands B & B. Adele worked with us to fulfill our family's needs during this tough time. I highly recommend the Virginia Highlands Bed & Breakfast. Comfortable, practical, great value, . . . fun.

Room Tip: The Albert was my favorite room. En suite bathroom is a plus. Bed is firm and comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We chose this bed and breakfast last minute for our 5th Anniversary vacation, this last weekend.

The location is wonderful--we had no problem finding it using our GPS. The house does not have a sign on it, so just look for the house number. Adèle came out to meet us, and was very warm and kind though we arrived much earlier than I had indicated in our registration, and showed us to our room. When she found out we were there for our anniversary, she offered the Albert instead, as it has a private bath, and was free, so we took that one, though it was a slight bit pricier. It was very nice to have our own bathroom, though the bathroom in that room is a bit more simple than the hall bath--which has a jet stream bathtub!

A few of my first impressions: having a hard time placing the theme of the décor, and noticing a few images of 'gods' from other cultures. I guess I would say the theme is eclectic? The house is filled with a variety of antiques, from Victorian style, to 70s Hawaiien style, to 50s American, to African and Asian traditional items.

As I was pumping breast milk on this trip, we asked about using the fridge to store items, and Adèle informed us that she was alright with this although she keeps Kosher and does not allow unKosher foods in the fridge. This took us off guard and seems like something guests should know ahead of time, especially if you may end up needing the fridge to store leftovers from eating out.

Bare feet are also not allowed in the house, though socks are ok, which was another noteworthy quirky thing I thought I'd mention.

There was a nice little welcome basket in our room, with crackers, cookies and some other snacks, along with two water bottles. There was shampoo in the bathroom and an antibacterial soap at the sink.

Both mornings we spent at the bed and breakfast, Adèle cooked simple delicious breakfasts for us. She was very conscious of not using any ingredients my husband is allergic to, which is really wonderful. The first morning we had french toast cooked in butter and sprinkled with powdered sugar, with a slice of turkey bacon, and the second morning we had cheese omelets, with a slice of toasted buttered bagel. Coffee and orange juice were served both mornings, as well.

The highlights of the house for us were the cool, open and bright dining room, and the huge double hammock on the front porch.

We had an unfortunate incident: I completely ruined one of her beautiful white towels because my dyed hair was apparently still leaching color, and she ended up not charging us for it, in exchange for a good review on TripAdvisor. :)

All in all, it was a great visit. I would say if you are looking for a comfy, homey place to stay in Atlanta, this would be a great place for you.

We were very impressed that the downstairs apartment is kid-friendly, too.

Room Tip: The Studio looks out to the front porch, and does not have a private bath. The Albert looks towards...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2014

My husband and I have stayed in B&Bs in Midtown several times over the years. Since we were going to a show in the area to celebrate our anniversary, we decided to find a place to stay over night. I'm so glad we found Virginia Highland B&B this time. It is a charming house, full of beautiful and interesting art and decor. The room was very clean, well-appointed, and beautifully decorated. The bed was comfortable, and there was a nice basket of goodies on the dresser. Adele, the owner, was friendly and helpful, and gave us delicious breakfasts both mornings of our stay. It was very quiet, yet close to shopping and great restaurants. We would love to return next time we stay in Atlanta.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jennie S
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We found this spot to be a wonderful place to stay. The neighborhood is quiet and charming and the owner delightful. The home is beautiful and our room had every convenience that we needed. The bed was heavenly and the towels thick and fluffy. The room and home was spotless. The owner took care to make sure that my allergy to down was taken care of. For a wonderful change I did not have to spend time changing pillows and blankets. The décor of the inn was fascinating and full of a charming personality. We will certainly stay here again when we are in the area and will recommend it to anyone going to Atlanta. A comfy and peaceful oasis.

Room Tip: Any room would be wonderful.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gypsyred
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I booked my stay here almost 3 months in advance of my travel date because we were coming into town for a big music festival and knew the area would book up. Now, two months later, she emails me that she cannot accommodate me and my reservation is cancelled. No explanation. Nothing. Now, it is so close to the festival date that everything is booked up. I looked for HOURS online to find another place, finally settling on something outside the area since all hotels and BnB's in the area had no availability.

What kind of a person runs their business like this!?! LISTEN TO THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS!! I should have and it would have saved me this headache.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple