Virginia Highland Bed & Breakfast
$184
$127
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
All reviewsb bbed and breakfastpiedmont parkalbert roomthe atlanta botanical gardensquiet neighborhoodfurnished with antiquesthought of everythingponce city marketliving roomthe perfect place to staybreakfast was deliciousgeorgia techadelebungalowhammocksbath
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Though I researched B&B's near Midtown and Piedmont Park, Adele's place met all expectations and so much more! "The Victorian" was a lovely room on the second floor with a balcony overlooking the tranquil gardens. The historical home, appointed with antiques and art pieces, was surrounded with an explosion of spring color! Morning coffee on my 'perch' above the backyard foliage was a relaxing start to each day of my six day visit. Morning walks in the neighborhood led to new Atlanta "finds".... Orme Park, which boasted lush woods and a stream, quaint shops on N. Highland Ave., coffee houses, a farmer's market, and Alon's Bakery and Market. The location was superb with plenty of street parking. The Botanical Gardens, the High Museum, the Symphony Hall, Playhouses, Georgia Tech, and numerous top-rated restaurants were all just minutes away. I came to Atlanta to visit my son and Adele's B&B was an "unexpected gem"!

Room Tip: I've read positive comments on all the room choices. I personally liked being on the second floor in my corner room with views of the treetops. The private balcony afforded a peaceful spot to read, watch the birds, and enjoy a good cup of coffee!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This B&B is in a terrific location for an Atlanta visitor. Adele is very gracious and her house is lovely and comfortable. We slept great - comfortable beds. Quiet neighborhood. And the breakfasts were the best and plenty of them! I felt like I was at home! Adele called as we were on our way to Atlanta to check on our arrival time and let us know where to find the key if she was not back from her errands. She also checked with us about breakfast times to fit our schedule.
Good communication.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank christy s
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We were out of town when Hurricane Sandy hit NYC, but our high-rise condo lost power for 6 days. Since we already had plans to visit Atlanta and stay at this B & B, I emailed Adele and requested an extra night and an earlier arrival. As usual, she was happy to accommodate and was waiting with open arms to welcome us!
This was our second stay, and we enjoyed it as much-if not more- than the first time 2 1/2 years ago. The Albert Room is very comfortable for the 2 of us, and the house is so lovely with all its antiques and period furnishings. Adele does a great job at breakfast too---the coffee and blueberry pancakes delicious!
This B & B is a good alternative to mid-town hotels, as it is close to Piedmont Park and within walking distance of the shops and restaurants in Virginia Highlands. We look forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: The Albert Room has a comfortable queen bed and sitting area. Private bathroom is updated with luxurious linens .
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Adele greeted us in a friendly enthusiastic manner when we arrived on Friday evening. My best friend had made all the arrangements for my 55th b-day weekend and the Virginia Highland BB turned out to be the perfect place to stay. Throughout the weekend we enjoyed a very clean and comfortable room, complimentary snacks, a view of the beautiful gardens, 2 delicious breakfasts and a convenient location to the activities in Virginia Highlands. Because Adele has been in this area for the past 35+ years, she was very knowledgeable and made wonderful suggestions of places to go and wonderful restaurants. This was a welcomed change from the impersonal experience of a large hotel stay. Will definitely be making future plans to stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We enjoy staying with Adele when when we visit Atlanta. The room price for a two day stay is comparable for what you would pay at a nice Atlanta hotel. I believe you receive more for you money by staying at the the Virginia Highland B&B.

The owner does not bother you, she leaves you alone to experience her home and allows you to enjoy your stay without interference.

This was our second time staying at the VHB&B we plan on staying here as often as possible.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family