“perfection”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
manly
“perfection”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Everything about Stonehurst place is perfection. A great mix of the old with the new, attention to detail, not overdone but something of interest everywhere you look. The hostess Caroline provided a beautiful breakfast and then proceeded to help us with our ongoing trip to Savannah by writing out a list of places to see and references for restaurants of all types which turned out to be spot on. Just a short walk to beautiful Piedmont Park , Fedreal Reserve Museum, and Margaret Mitchell House. Could not fault this place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank ManlyGriswalds

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Polish first
Alabama
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I recently took my 75 year old mother to Stonehurst Place to introduce her to the world of bed and breakfast inns. What an absolutely wonderful experience for her. The house was beautifully decorated, with interesting art work, a beautiful music room and the attention to detail was seen in every little corner with access to books, music and information about local events and the Atlanta area. Caroline and Gary were so attentive,without hoovering. and we had a sense that the entire house was accessible. I don't know where to begin with Caroline's cooking... she prepared afternoon snacks that were just mouth watering and the breakfast was unbelievably scrumptous!. The house is tucked away in a cozy historic neighborhood in Mid town but within walking distace to several nice restaurants, Piedmont Park and the Atlanta Botanical Gardens. I am so looking forward to coming back with my husband for a nice little weekend getaway. Thank you Caroline and Gary for making my moms stay so special. Such sweet memories for a mother and daughter!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank southernliving1
Shanghai, China
Reviewed August 14, 2012

After staying 4nights here, I feel this place become my another home far from China.It has many impressive aspects.Firstly,the elegant decoration both interior and exterior.Secondly,the eco-friendly E&M system for the whole house.Last but far from least,the pleasant books,musics and arts collection and paintings.It's just the dream place for living! Thanks a lot for Caroline's delicious breakfast,which looks so beautiful that I couldn't help to take pictures each time and the enjoyable moments will remain in my mind for a long time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank Linda C
Franklin TN
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We are a young couple with two young kids that stayed here for a weekend getaway and it was perfect! This was our first bed and breakfast experience so we weren't sure what to expect but everything was far beyond our expectations. The food was wonderful, atmosphere and house was beautiful, and the inn keepers were so nice and helpful. I am very particular about hotel beds and worried if they will be comfortable enough and these bed are great. I slept better than I do at home in my own bed. If you've never stayed in a B&B, I urge you to make this one your first. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Rachel L
StonehurstPlaceInn, Owner at Stonehurst Place, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Hi Rachel,

I'm so glad you enjoyed your recent getaway, leaving the kids at home and giving yourselves a chance to rest and rejuvenate at Stonehurst Place. You're in good company; about 25% of our guests are on similar retreats!

Thanks for your compliments of our mattresses; I love them, too! At Stonehurst Place we offer a Mattress Purchase Program to allow guests access to these lush beds available only to the hospitality industry; when you're ready for a change at home let us know and we'll be glad to help.

Warm regards, and many thanks for the positive feedback on your stay,

Barb

Barb Shadomy, Owner
Stonehurst Place
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I've stayed at Stonehurst twice - and will be back every time when I will visit Atlanta. Nice and classy rooms, excellent location, UNBELIEVABLY TASTY BREAKFAST ! OHHHHH! Ms.Caroline is a wizard cook! I highly recommend to stay at Stonehurst either you are just for business or want to have a romantic weekend in Atlanta!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank nd000011111
Aldie, Virginia
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed in the Farnsworth room for two nights and it was a wonderful experience. When I do business in ATL, I usually stay at one of the Kimpton hotels. I will stay at Stonehurst in the future. My husband was with me, and this well trimmed home is beautiful with many common spaces to relax in. One evening we spent sheltered from a huge thunderstorm on the spacious, private back porch with a chilled bottle of wine, reading on the coffee table books provided in the 'library'. We snacked on fresh chocolate cookies, and yellow cake with chocolate icing and gran marnier filling. Yum! Breakfasts were large and tastefully done.

We were able to walk everywhere and the internet worked the whole time (something even the hotels can't seem to manage).

This was an unusual b & b - in the very best sense. We will be back.

Room Tip: There is a fair amount of artwork and special furnishings in the home. If this matters to you, call...