“May never stay in another place in Atlanta!!!”
Review of Stonehurst Place

Stonehurst Place
Ranked #1 of 21 Atlanta B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
california
“May never stay in another place in Atlanta!!!”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

See my photos as evidence...Not a room - it's a huge 5 star apartment and the owner of Stonehurst spared no care or expense in making your stay phenomenal. From the moment you park in their rustic garden lot, you will be transported to someplace between provenance and luxury. Yet, you will still be charmed enough to open your little dormer window in appreciation of the opera being performed by cicadas to the backdrop of an Atlanta rain drop orchestra ... No, I didn't expect any of this with my reservation. Oh and all of the amenities are designed with consideration with impact on the environment (ie no plastic and products are biodegradable.) I am your ordinary road warrior who simply had mega-hotel fatigue. Wish I could share this experience with everyone.

Room Tip: Show my pix to the proprietor...most awesome room(s)!!! I don't remember the specific name of th...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
6 Thank maverick_cp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Polish first
Spruce Grove, Canada
Reviewed April 2, 2012

The Stonehurst in Atlanta was a real godsend in terms of a comfortable, relatively convenient and excellently hosted place. The place is quite beautiful with a rustic, Victorian appearance including good parking space, well-manicured grounds and a very nicely laid stone sidewalk. While the neighborhood was "interesting" with some restaurants obviously catering to a non-heterosexual crowd, it was safe and has been reportedly upgraded over recent years through its transfomations. The inn-keepers (Caroline and Gary) were more than hospitable and the breakfasts were superb. They were also very helpful in providing tourist advice and locational information. The bathroom in our room was more "European" in size but still functional. Overall, if we were going back to Atlanta, we would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank George C
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed March 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed overnight. The room was so quiet and the furniture and art work were unbelievable. Breakfast was wonderful. The innkeepers were so helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Steep stairs lead to upper bedrooms, if stairs are a problem would definitely choose first floor bed...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank ptr_12
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I have stayed at Stonehurst now on two occassions. Both times my expectations have been exceeded by the facility and staff. I should mention first that my job is 80% travel and so I have stayed at a fair share of hotels. First of all the place is immaculately clean and fresh from baseboard to bedding to pendants lights. Its a historic residence that has been completely updated. On top of this its interiors are professionally designed (in keeping with the period of the home exterior) with tasteful restraint. As an example of its many details; my room was equipped with an apple charging station. Handy in case you forget your charger.The innkeeper Caroline is warm and professional. Breakfast, which is included in your rate, is a planned meal that she prepares -so not just a buffett of packaged pre-frozen food. From Stonehurst you can walk to several decent restaurants and a small convenience store. If you want to venture out many of the very best restaurants and museums are less than a 10min car ride away. As a business traveler I almost did not stay here fearing that I would be too busy or feel obligated to participate in breakfast or the "extras". I'm glad that I decided to stay because I found it easy to excuse myself if I didnt have time to sit long and chat. The place is so beautiful however when I had the opportunity I lingered. One morning I even woke up a half hour early to have my coffee on the front porch....very peaceful. Needless to say, I will definitely return.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank jenny p
UK
Reviewed March 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed here overnight on a recent trip to Atlanta.
The place is beautiful and the inn keepers were so helpful.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank toxsmith
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed December 31, 2011

We enjoyed this place very much. Room was quiet and we really could relax. Breakfast the next morning was terrific too. I would stay there again if in the ares.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank HokieinSpartanburg
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed December 6, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Stonehurst Place recently for a night away. The attention to detail definitely caught our attention. "Extras" like beautiful fresh flowers, fresh-from-the-oven lemon bars, and the unique furnishings made Stonehurst Place stand out from most other comparable hotels. It was so nice to be treated like people and not just customers!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Hinman Suite and loved it! The bathroom was amazing.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple