New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel

Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel
Ranked #53 of 177 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta
“Terrific hotel - look forward to my next visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2009

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel earlier this year during the Frolicon event. The room was like new - I have stayed at many different business hotels and this one felt like it had recently undergone an expensive room renovation (but luckily the prices sure didn't reflect it!). There was ample parking, and the staff was courteous and always ready to help. Our room was clean and comfortable, and even though we kept odd hours, the housekeeping staff was great about keeping our room clean on *our* schedule! Although we did not have a chance to sample this hotel's restaurant, others in our party told me it was outstanding quality. All in all, I am looking forward to my next visit!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2009

Stayed at this hotel for a conference. The hotel was very nice overall with friendly service (especially at the front desk) but I just have to say that I don't like having to pay extra for things like parking and wireless internet. As far as location goes this is right by the airport but the only restaurant in walking distance is the Ruby Tuesday so it's inconvenient if you don't have a car and don't want to eat in the hotel's restaurant. I didn't use the fitness center or pool but everything looked clean. The beds were comfortable and I liked the additional chair w/ottoman. The conference facilities were great, loved the escalators.

Overall - nice place but not really the type of hotel I personally would choose to stay in if I wasn't getting a conference rate since I'm more value-minded.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2009

The hotel staff was very responsive to all questions and keen to help if they could when any problems arose. Over all the hotel has a decent price and good amenities, what more can you ask for?

Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for a convention. We stayed on the Club Level and were disappointed when the Free Upgrades for choosing this level were misrepresented. We not get the advertised upgrades with the room, we had to choose ONE between free parking ($8 a day), free internet ($10 a day), or free breakfast (don't remember how much, but there was no food anyway, so it didn't matter).

The room was OK, not great. The chaise lounge had a broken leg that fell off when we moved it 2 feet to the left. The bathroom doors are badly positioned and made trying to get into the shower a frustrating experience.

The staff was friendly, but it was disappointing to hear them complaining to one another on walkie talkies in front of hotel guests. It took 15 minutes to get someone at the front desk to offer to check us in. However, the staff was tolerant of our very large conference group and did a pretty good job trying to make the experience pleasant.

The restaurant had a good breakfast buffet and the staff of the restaurant was amazing. The facilities for our convention were spacious and clean. There were definite ups and downs.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2009

Stayed for a convention. The staff was attentive and helpful. The rooms where very clean. When calling down for additional towels or other needs, the service was very prompt.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2009

I loved the beds and linens here. Very comfortable and a pleasure to fall into each night. My interaction with staff was limited to front desk, bellmen, and housekeeping. I found them all to be friendly and helpful. The housekeeping staff was especially helpful and I had the opportunity to speak with several of them. I did not eat at the restaurant or the bar. There were two parking areas; a small lot in front of the hotel and a larger deck behind it. Parking in the deck was easy, as was accessing the hotel from that area. This was a nice stay.

alethia1
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2009

The space was clean, the rooms were nice and well-appointed, the staff was considerate, and the hotel space was well-designed. I was there for leisure over a weekend, which was good. I'd highly recommend this hotel for a traveler transiting through Hartsfield - it has everything you need for a relaxing night away from the airport.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South
Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport
The Westin Atlanta Airport
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
#5 of 26 in College Park

Been to Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!