“I've definitely stayed better places” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel

Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel
Ranked #41 of 177 Hotels in Atlanta
USA
“I've definitely stayed better places”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

Daily charges for WiFi. Parking garage was difficult to access - no functional elevators, and chains across some entrances. Limited parking out front; no valet around, though there were supposed to be. Bathrooms astonishingly small. Food overpriced. Barstaff rude - the place was half empty and yet they demanded that people not drinking leave and claimed a two drink minimum. Beds great. Limited options for mediocre and overpriced food in hotel. Desserts good. Pool and jacuzzi close far too early.

I'll return, but only because a convention is locked in for three more years.

• 2 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

Great value for the dollar. The overall ambiance is very classy and I especially appreciated the comfortable and plush seating in the lobby area as I waited for my party. The 24 hour shuttle service to and from the airport is a great bonus.

Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

An enjoyable stay from the moment we were greeted by the front desk staff to the time we left. The rooms were fabulous and the conference facilities lovely.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Blowing Rock
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

I have no complaint with the hotel itself. Room was clean,very nice facility. My complaint is the rip off that you feel from corporations that nickle and dime their customers to death only because they can. I am now convinced that I will not stay in four star hotels anymore. You get a much better value staying in the mid-priced places that don't charge you $8 and up to park your car, $10 for a pot of coffee,$10 to use the internet in your room,no complimentary breakfast and then a high price tag on the room. The room was a room like all hotel rooms. I'd rather have free parking, easy access,internet service and a nice breakfast offered all at a much lower rate. Learned my lesson. Get with it big chains....in this economy you have to offer value not screwing your customers every chance you get.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
Conway Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2009

The Sheraton at the Airport is one of the greatest hotels in which I've stayed or had my corporate team stay. The facility itself is perfectly located for easy in/easy out. The beds are ultra-comfortable. The food is wonderful and plenty. The staff, from the front desk to the general manager are delightful and accommodating and provide superior customer service - they really get the point that if it weren't for their guests, they'd have no reason to stay in business. We have stayed at this facility twice in the last 6 weeks for meetings and plan our annual convention here in June. Knowing we can trust their team to give outrageous service, frees-up our staff to just do the convention.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

I stayed here on a road trip. I booked a Club Floor King for an extra $30.00.
While checking in I asked about Club Lounge hours. I was told that the Club Lounge was closed this week. When I mentioned that I had paid extra for this amenity I was offered free parking and a free wine coupon. I verified that it could be used with room service.
The hotel has been remodeled, in a cosmetic way. OK at first glance.
I got to the room to discover a tiny single sink, and requested a room change. I packed up all my stuff and went to meet the bell man at the new room...and waited..and waited. Went back to the old room and called the desk to tell them to forget it.
I ordered room service. Got a call back from the room service people 1/2 hour later telling me they were out of the house wine I had ordered. I ordered a replacement.
The food came, but the delivery girl said I could not use the coupon, because it was for house wine. I pointed out that the house wine was not available. She went down to the restaurant to check with the manager, and showed up again after I had finished my meal to tell me that I could not use the coupon since it was room service. I called the manager and he said that he had checked with the front desk and even though they had told me it was OK, "For future reference, even if they tell you it's OK, it's not!" Wow, how unprofessional.
I tried to go to sleep. The door does not touch the floor, letting in light and sound. I heard a baby crying like it was in my room. No soundproofing to speak of.
The A/C doesn't work very well. The room never cooled.
The only decent part of the stay was the bed that Sheraton is famous for.
Next morning, the bathroom outlet does not work. There is a sign saying to call maintenance if it does not work. Right.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Decatur, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Sheraton as part of a convention that, I'll admit, probably freaked out some of the hotel staff. Some were attentive and friendly, but most (especially in the restaurant, bar, and parking areas) seemed lackadaisical and disinterested. Having been to a few restaurants in the area, I'm convinced that when it comes to service, the area surrounding the airport is that same as the airport... you're a captive audience and you'll probably never come back, so why bother? But overall it was fine. The rooms are clean, but small. Beds are very comfortable, with nice European-style linens. Towels are large and pretty soft. The bathroom door drove us insane -- you could hardly get in and out of the shower with the door open. We ate in the restaurant one night and the bar area one night... food in both cases was decent if overpriced -- the usual for a hotel. Internet access was pay-only in the room... I hate that!

• 2 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Hilton Atlanta Airport
#67 of 177 in Atlanta
4.0 of 5 stars 1,331 reviews
Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport

Been to Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!