“My new favorite ATL airport hotel”

Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel
Ranked #78 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Bountiful, Utah
“My new favorite ATL airport hotel”
Reviewed May 26, 2008

This is my new favorite ATL airport hotel.

* The shuttle really does run every 20 minutes.

* We were able to check in early.

* The rooms and beds were super comfy. One of the best nights sleep I have had in a hotel.

* The non-smoking rooms really did smell like non-smoking rooms (unlike every other ATL airport hotel I have ever stayed in, and there have been MANY).

* The rooms were very clean.

* The $12 breakfast buffet was worth every penny. Mmmmm.

* Excellent customer service from check in to check out.

• Liked — Comfy, clean rooms. Great customer service.
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Huntsville
Reviewed April 9, 2008

Very convenient to Hartsfield Airport. Nice room and very clean. Parking was $8 per day, which I was not aware of beforehand. When I complained to the person who checked-me in, he ended up giving me a free breakfast for two and complimentary happy hour. Guess that made it okay. Took awhile for the hot water in the shower to get hot. But overall, I was very pleased with the hotel and would stay again and recommend. Price was great! Looked online and it was running $92 through spg.com website. Called hotel directly, and to get the price and was told $99, then I told the reservationist online it was $92, then I asked if she has any rooms cheaper and ended up getting the same room I saw online for $92 per night for only $79!!!

• Liked — Room Price
  • Disliked — no answer
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
hcampb
Reviewed April 4, 2008

First of all let me say that most of the staff here were polite and I have no issues there. I had the displeasure of being set up in the Sheraton by the ARMY. My flights were delayed on my way back to the Middle East when my leave had expired so they put me up here. The hotel appeared nice and clean and it was. What really got me was that I did not feel welcomed there. I was put in a room with someone from another service who I did not know, of course this may have been the Army’s doing. When we got to the room it was fine but I soon discovered that all that is included with the room is the bed. You were charged $10 a day to use their internet, $2 to make a TOLL FREE call, $5 for a bottle of water that appeared at first complimentary, they charge you for a USA Today unless you specifically tell them that you don't want it upon check in. The restaurant had a very limited menu on which everything was overpriced and gratuity was added on the bill no matter how many people were in your party. The food was decent, but you could find the same quality hamburger across the street at Ruby Tuesdays for less than $13. I believe I would have been much happier paying for a room at the Super 8.

Stayed April 2008
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 23, 2008

I love this hotel. It was VERY nice and offered a great price with great service too boot. Very friendly staff and comfy rooms. They let me check in WAY early and check out late...love them.

• Liked — quality, price
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
Reviewed February 2, 2008

We were lucky enough to stay at this hotel by chance, it was a last minute and very cheap booking through expedia the day before. I have never stayed at a Sheraton before but it was everything that I would have expected and more. The furnishings were lovely, staff very nice, the room was fantastic and the bed soooooo comfy. We didnt hear any noise from the airport once either. It also had great parking facilitys.

Stayed September 2005
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed January 3, 2008

The Sheraton Atlanta Airport hotel is a nice hotel, with new or near-new furniture and flat-screen TVs in every room. However, the additional benefits to staying at the Sheraton are little and not well-delivered.

I stayed at the Sheraton with three of my friends on December 31 and January 1. One of the good things about this hotel was the bargain we got, only $89 a night for a room that was much more expensive regularly. One of the worst things that we noticed immediately upon arriving is that guests are forced to pay for parking ($8 per day!). I can't really think of exactly why the hotel would need to charge for parking, except that their guests are usually well-off and can pay. After settling into our spacious and well-furnished room, we noticed water covering the two windows. Apparently, the AC vent is too close to the windows, resulting in lots of condensation and standing water on the windowsill. It's not really that big of a problem, but I expected more from a place like the Sheraton.

We also found the staff to be generally helpful, but two incidents put a bad light on them. The first night, our group was heading out to Underground Atlanta for the New Years festivities and needed to know which MARTA station to get off at. Unfortunately, the desk clerk told us the wrong station, which forced us to walk farther than we should have had to. The second bad thing involved the shuttle to the airport. When we were ready to go back to the hotel from the airport, we waited around the same location that we had been dropped off from, assuming that the pick-up location would be the same. Fast forward about 20 minutes later, when a shuttle driver from another hotel informed us that the pick-up location was different from the drop-off location! We felt that this was bad service on part of the desk clerk and bus driver; if a free shuttle is offered, shouldn't guests be properly informed about it? Additionally, we noticed that other hotels had multiple shuttles running, while the Sheraton had only one operating (but several in the parking lot).

In the end, I would only recommend staying at the Sheraton if you have a large budget and don't mind paying extra for every amenity they offer. If you are a budget traveler, stay at the Hampton Inn next door and get a free continental breakfast and parking for about the same or lower price.

• Stayed December 2007
1 Thank UATraveler22
Newcastle upon tyne
Reviewed November 29, 2007

We stayed here whilst we were travelling across USA. We had got last minute Oasis concert tickets for that night at the arena and only booked this a few days before staying. We booked it because there was a special on Expedia and didnt expect much. However when we got there we were blown away by the looks and the helpful staff. Our room was a kingsize suite and was fantastic the bed was honestly the most comfortable one I have ever slept in and I will always rememeber it for this I want one at home! There was a small breakfast provided in the lounge on our floor and a bigger buffet breakfast downstairs which was excellant. It was also only about 10mins from the arena and would recomend it to anyone.

• Liked — Bed
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2005, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport North
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
#6 of 26 in College Park

Been to Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!