“Peace and Quiet” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #60 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Peace and Quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Excellent hotel. The staff was very courtesy and professional, friendly and helpful in all ways. The hotel is located in a peace and quiet area. It's accessible to the city. But is tuck away from that city life. I will stay again.

Room Tip: Close to elevator. Rooms are spacious
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
dedo48, Director of Front Office at Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

We sincerely appreciate the warm recognition you have afforded our hotel. Here at the Sheraton Gateway Hotel Atlanta Airport, we strive for your optimal satisfaction.

We truly appreciate your feedback and do look forward to welcoming you back real soon.

Best regards,

Sheraton Gateway Hotel Management team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Maplewood, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

The room was nice and clean. I had a nice view from my window. I would stay there again and recommend it to a friend. The staff was nice and helpful. This hotel is excellent. I realized shortly after I had checked out that I had left something in my room. I called the hotel, they sent someone up to the room, retrieved the article and held it at the front desk.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
panaowe, Manager at Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Kasha W

We appreciate your posting and amazing comments which I have passed on to our team who provided warm comforting connections. We were very thrilled to hear that your missing item was found for you. Please come back and visit us again very soon.
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Nothing spectacular w/ this hotel. Kind of outdated. Parking is $10....wifi is same price. My job put me in this hotel for 1 night, otherwise would've gone to any of the other area hotels that offer complientary parking & wifi. There are many hotels immediately nearby that most of them if not all offer these amenities & the rates are lower. The unfree wifi was a big disappointment & inconvenience. The wifi is free in the lobby however, but didn't offer all the comforts the room provided.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Tampatony78
dedo48, Director of Front Office at Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear TampaTony78,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

We are truly disappointed to have learnt that your stay was far from what you anticipated. Here at the Sheraton Gateway Hotel Atlanta Airport, we strive for your optimal satisfaction; based on your feedback this was not secured.

Rest assured knowing that I have shared your feedback with the appropriate party and will do all that is necessary to regain your confidence.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and do hope you will give us another chance.

Washington, DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

If all you need is a quick night due to a cancelled flight, this hotel will do the job, but otherwise, it's a dud. My first impression is that it's not all that clean. Trash (beer bottle) was in my waste basket when I checked in, and still there the next day after the turn-down service. Carpet was peeling in one of the conference rooms. Entire hotel decor could use an upgrade. Food was average. Room was engineered very badly, no room to move back desk chair without bumping into bed, and you had to basically climb over the toilet to get in the shower. On the plus side, staff was very nice and friendly and accommodating, and the 24 hour shuttle service to the airport and surrounding shops/restaurants is a plus, especially since the only eatery within walking distance is a Ruby Tuesday. Also, nice to have an onsite bar.

In sum, you could likely do much better for the same price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AugustWest07
panaowe, Manager at Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear DCDireWolf:
We greatly appreciate your posting, I have forwarded your feedback regarding the defiencies you encountered during your stay to the respective Department Managers for immediate corrective action.We do appreciate your positive comments regarding our friendly and accommodating staff. We hope your flight to your destination was safe.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Michael Lane (Sheraton Atlanta Airport) provided excellent customer service during check-in. He was friendly,considerate, and attentive to our needs. He made a great first impression!!! We will be back because of the great customer service displayed by this employee.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Nwashington
dedo48, Director of Front Office at Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Nwashington,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with.

We are truly honored by the recognition you have afforded Michael Lane. He is without a doubt one of our key team players and we are delighted to have him on our team.

Rest assured knowing that we do look forward to your next arrival.

Director of Front office
Minneapolis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

First, my stay here was not my choice. I was a guest of Delta due to airplane problems. But then again, so were most people on my airport shuttle.

The hotel is fine. It is very close to the airport and they do have a hotel shuttle that runs back and forth to the airport. The room was average. The bed was comfortable. Bathroom was a little cramped. TV didn't work. It would turn on but no picture.

Nothing really stands out about the hotel (good or bad). But expect a lot of stranded travelers if you stay.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank xy223yz
dedo48, Director of Front Office at Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Xy223yz,

Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience with us.

I have shared your feedback with our hotel's management team and we will do all that is necessary to ensure your next stay with us is memorable.

We sincerely appreciate your taking the time to share your feedback and do look forward to welcoming you back real soon.

New York, NY, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

I spent one more night in Atlanta than intended thanks to tornadoes and I found this hotel through TripAdvisor. This is a typical airport Sheraton, an older hotel that has been partially updated. Before updating, the hotel would have been completely depressing. Now, it was sufficient to meet my overnight needs.

The Sheraton is in the airport hotel ghetto about 5 minutes from the airport. There is literally nothing around but fields and other hotels so if you need something, get it before you arrive. There is no free parking--not sure how much the overnight fee is but I paid $6 for 2 hours. The shuttle bus runs every 15 minutes to and from the airport, every 20 minutes late at night. When I tried to take the 5:45 am shuttle to the airport the driver didn't show until 5:57 so make sure you leave a buffer. There were lots of irate passengers.

If you need to get into town, take the shuttle to the airport and take MARTA. Not the most convenient, but not too bad either.

Inside, the lobby is modern with an atrium setup. There is a lobby shop but it's not 24 hours, though the bar area has snacks and was open late. The guest rooms have new desks, flat screen TV and so on, but the rest of the room is uninspired, showing the age of its original design years ago. The electricals have not been updated so there are no convenient outlets--I had to move furniture to access extra outlets, something I haven't had to do in a hotel in several years. No fridge in the room. Wifi for a fee in the room but free in the lobby.

I didn't use many of the services because my stay was short. The hotel was fine for what I needed but I wouldn't want to spend more than a night. I did notice that the hotel was sold out later in the evening, with storm refugees.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank jack783
Dear Jack783,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

It is through feedback from you our distinguished guest we are able to achieve our goals and objectives.

Rest assured know that I have shared your feedback with the appropriate party and all will be done to secure your confidence.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and do look forward to your giving us another chance,

Director of Front Office
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
#6 of 26 in College Park
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport

Been to Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!