“We're there every couple of weeks, it's that good”
Review of Cibo E Beve

Cibo E Beve
Reserve with OpenTable
Cibo E Beve is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #880 of 3,947 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: E Belle Isle Rd
Atlanta, Georgia
“We're there every couple of weeks, it's that good”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

A friendly neighborhood joint meets killer cuisine meets best bar staff in this part of the city. These guys really pack a lot into a lovely, small space -- inviting dining area, communal table, busy bar, a bit of outdoor seating, all managed by a friendly and adept staff. We like the dining bar at the back, facing the kitchen, near the pizza oven. The appetizer/small plates menu has recently been added to their full menu. Burrata salad, the mixed seafood salad, the mushroom pizza are our favs but the menu changes often enough to keep us coming back to see what's new. Can't say enough about the bar staff - these guys are really into their craft, including a smoked cocktail - haven't tried that one yet. The noise factor can peak at moments but mostly there's not much need to shout to be heard. Give this place a try, we think you'll be back again pronto.

• Visited March 2013

“The Secret is Out!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

As a frequent diner at this cozy cucina I have been pleased with the consistent excellence in the food, service and atmosphere - but last night Chef Linda Harrell and her crew delivered an astounding meal that exceeded even my now lofty expectations.

I have enjoyed the 1855 Beef Tenderloin before, and it has always been delicious. This time it was transcendent! The sauce was perfectly balanced, the beef tender beyond reason, served atop sautéed spinach so delicately prepared that the firm texture simply melted in my mouth. Oh, and the parsnip and potato fries were delightful as always and the entire meal was presented on a plate taken directly from the line to the table.

I had been reluctant to write a review of my *favorite* Atlanta restaurant for fear of making a table harder to get - and I dine here often with family, friends, and business partners. But it's pretty clear this jewel has now been widely discovered. Justin attracts a crowd as the master of mixology, and Tim leads a crew that consistently informs and enhances the dining experience, all within an environment that might be described as rustic Italian chic.

We love this place, and it's clear that others are discovering it too. With Chef Linda and her partners, we are eager to enjoy it for years to come.

• Visited March 2013
Atlanta Georgia
“Probably a new regular for us”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Went here for the first time Friday night. I am not a big fan of food 101, so I was a little skeptical, but we were both very pleased. Service was good. Portions were large and prices were reasonably. We had calamari which was enough for four, but we ate it all. For entres, we had veal parmigiana and chicken piccata; both surprisingly good. With two drinks, tax, tag and title, right at $100. Fair enough. We live two miles away, so convenience could be influencing me a bit.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Kerwin G
“Romantic and Yummy!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I'm a foodie, and an aspiring chef, so I am picky. My hairdresser who owns her salon and travels to Europe fairly frequently and she recommended it. I was there with my spouse and we loved it. They have a real fire-burning brick oven in the back corner. The tables are rustic but elegant, and we enjoyed our table which was a couch-style booth with sophisticated throw pillows. The food was really delicious, and the appetizer we had was great. It had pate, jellied peppers, roasted garlic, several kids of cheese, bread, and other things. It was busy and I was glad we had made a reservation on OpenTable because if we hadn't it would have taken a longer wait at the bar. We waited for probably about 10 minutes, and it's obvious the place is very popular. The same family owns the Food 101 next door which is completely different but also a wonderful place to go. They offer valet service which is nice. They have items on their menu that really are Italian.

• Visited June 2012
“3 for 3 at Cibo e Beve”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Just visited Cibo e Beve for my third lunch time rendezvous. Each time has been in a different season - Winter, Spring and Summer and each time has been a delight. The chef incorporates whatever produce and ingredients are fresh and new into the menu. Baby lettuces, fresh figs, cherries and Italian cheeses are among the most memorable ingredients to dance upon my tongue there. Each visit we have met a different cast of servers, so I am not sure what this means, but the service has always been great. I need to try again for dinner some day, but for a break from the usual lunch time rut, I recommend a mini vacation to Italy and suggest that you make room for the wonderful desserts!

• Visited May 2012