All reviewsbreakfast area isvirginia aveguard on dutywell lit parking lotruby tuesdaysfront desksecure parkingdry cleaningatlanta airportinternational terminalroom was cleanshuttle driverstayed for one nightrental carwithin walking distanceminute drivewould definitely stay here again
Reviewed December 10, 2017

Beware of bad food at breakfast. Beware of cold showers in the morning. Beware of rude desk clerks. Beware of a bad parking lot that is under construction. Beware of la Quinta Inn and Suites. I will not be going back.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
00gc, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the disappointments you experienced during your recent stay. We will be addressing each item promptly and appreciate you letting us know. We will also be using your feedback to better determine how we can make improvements for a better overall experience for our future guests. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed December 10, 2017 via mobile

This hotel worked out perfectly for our families needs. We wanted to be close to the airport as it was snowing heavily and the weather was bad for the area. We utilized the airport shuttle on several occasions to meet up with our son who was shipping out, but he got delayed due to a cancelled flight and was able to spend the night with us at the hotel.

The rooms are comfortable, the breakfast was average but on par with other hotels of this type, and you have access to many other restaurants and amenities nearby. We also found the staff and service to be efficient and accommodating.

For an overnight stay, near the airport, I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
00gc, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2017

Todd, thank you for reviewing your stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North. We're glad you enjoyed your visit and that our location was ideal for your needs. We are committed to creating a convenient environment for our guest, and our proximity to the airport and downtown Atlanta is an important part of this experience. We are delighted you found our newly renovated hotel comfortable, and that our hospitality and service exceeded your expectations. We appreciate you recommending us and hope you and your family will stay with us again whenever your travel brings you back to Atlanta!

Reviewed December 7, 2017

Best night's sleep I've had in several years. I was worried about being kept up from the noise of the airport but we never heard a plane once inside. We arrived well before check in to attend the SEC Championship game. The staff allowed us to park our vehicles on site and check in late that night after the game. Super friendly and helpful staff!

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
00gc, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2017

It is a pleasure to read your fantastic review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North. We strive to provide our guests outstanding hospitality, and your compliments serve as encouragement to all of us. We look forward to sharing your positive feedback with our team. Please visit us again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed December 7, 2017 via mobile

We needed a park, sleep and fly package for our trip to Honolulu from Atlanta. After reading reviews from several properties in the airport area, I settled on the La Quinta Inn and Suites Atlanta Airport North on Virginia Ave.

The high customer satisfaction, short drive to the airport, free breakfast, recent renovation and friendly staff contributed to my decision.

We were happy to leave the crazy I-85 traffic after a drive in from North Carolina. Our Google GPS directed us accurately to the hotel. My husband waited with the car while I went to check in. I was welcomed by Crystal who retrieved my reservation and after completing the (week-long) parking paperwork, I was finished. But not before the friendly security guard came in to say she was going to take good care of us after speaking with my husband outside. These connections are important to us since this was our first stay at this property before and vehicle security is vital.

Our package included 7 days free parking; we owed an additional $20 for an extra two days. There is no need to make a reservation for the airport shuttle which departs at 5 and 35 minutes after the hour. The shuttle delivers both to the nearby Drury Inn and La Quinta. There were several heavy-duty luggage carriers available with lots of ‘pegs’ to hang bags. There are 6 floors and two elevators.

I was immediately impressed with the sunny, bright, welcoming and spacious lobby area. A few people were working on their laptops; others were relaxing in the numerous seating areas. Coffee, tea, lemon water and fresh fruit are available in addition to a first-floor ATM, spacious fitness center, two computers in a lounge area and two computers available to check flights and print boarding passes.

A small convenience store in the lobby and laundry facilities are also available: $1.50 per load to wash. Purchase supplies in the store. The outdoor pool was still filled for those brave enough to swim in 65F weather. Breakfast is served from 6-9 on weekdays and 7-10 on the weekends. Bathroom amenities are minimal but adequate: two small bars of soap and combo shampoo/conditioner. Water pressure is excellent and the water hot. Lighting is important to us. Our room was well lit: 4 lamps with lights bright enough to read and type by. The bathroom mirror is softly lit with light around the perimeter of the mirror.

The rooms are designed with the modern traveler in mind: refrigerator and microwave; single-serve coffee maker; three large and two smaller drawers; ample storage on top of the tv cabinet; large desk with two electrical outlets on each desk lamp to power a variety of devices.

We walked around the perimeter of the property; it is enclosed by a wrought-iron fence although the entrance to the parking area is not locked.

There is a bright light in the parking lot and a large sign indicating that security is on the premises. Cameras are in evidence. Ruby Tuesday’s is adjacent to the hotel; across busy Virginia Avenue (technically East Point, GA) are a Waffle House, McDonald’s, Crab Spot and Spondivits, a seafood restaurant, and a sports bar/grill.

The property promotes fast internet. My husband was able to log on immediately with his iPhone; I could not log on after repeated attempts. I went to the desk to inquire about my difficulty and was told that sometimes Apple products can’t log on. There is no limit to the number of devices; there is a toll free number to call for assistance. I had no trouble logging on with my laptop. Although we turned on the heat, it never blew warm air. Thankfully, it was mild enough that we were not uncomfortable.

Breakfast the next morning was very good with many choices: omelets, breakfast meat, yogurt, cereals, breads, myo waffles, fresh fruit, and the most delicious mango juice I’ve ever had. The breakfast area includes tables for four and a long table with 110 plugs every few inches. There is no reason to be unconnected at the property.

James, our shuttle driver, was friendly and informative. He left promptly on the :35 after the hour and we were at the airport 4 minutes later.

It is clear that the property is invested in return business. Every employee I met, from Housekeeping to Front Desk, sincerely greeted me and other guests.
I learned that the property is about two years old, completely gutted from a former Motel 6. What a great investment.

Our ‘go-to’ hotel is with another chain. However, I signed up for the La Quinta Returns program on a lobby computer. With more than 880 locations across the U.S., Canada and Latin America, we are definitely willing to stay another time if other properties are as inviting as the Atlanta/East Pointe location. The program boasts: ‘low points requirements means FREE nights faster.’ The Returns loyalty program also offers special rates for military with their “Military Rewards” program: 12% discount; instant Military Rewards Gold Status; 2,000 Bonus Points; and “FREE Night & More, Fast.”

Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marnette S

Marnette, thanks for sharing your excellent feedback with us. It's great to read you had a relaxing stay with us and that our facilities along with our service were to your satisfaction. On behalf of everyone here at La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North, we invite you to visit us again the next time you are in our city.

Reviewed December 7, 2017

Very good looking hotel and hotel room. Appreciated the breakfast food and the shuttle to the airport. Too bad I encountered an issue with the iron in my room. I tried to iron my top and some kind of residue were stuck in the iron and that damaged my top. The cleaning crew helped me to clean it up and it worked out but it was a lot of stress as I had plan to wear this top the next day on my very important meeting. It was a lot of unnecessary stress.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Sarah, thank you for choosing La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North while here for a business meeting. We are glad to know you liked your well-maintained room and the complimentary shuttle service we provide. That being said, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. We hope this unfortunate situation will not deter you from choosing us again in the future.