“Great Trustworthy Staff”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Marietta
Ranked #104 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My overall stay was very pleasant. The staff was very friendly and helpful and rooms were clean and well kept. I didn't hear a peep outside my room so I slept very well. One thing that really stuck out for me was I left my Kindle in the room when I checked out. I contacted the hotel and the maid had already put it aside for me. They also shipped it overnight to me (at my expense) but I was very grateful to have it back! Like someone else had put in a review...they did have an 'alternative lifestyle' convention there on the last day, so dining w/ some of those folks was a little uncomfortable & strange but after living in NY for 8 yrs, nothing suprises me anymore.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Mike E, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Marietta, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you so much Lemarph81 for your recent stay at our DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta-Marietta. It’s always great to hear firsthand of your experience at our hotel and I appreciate your words regarding the hotel team. I have shared your comments with the appropriate departments in order to recognize the team who went above and beyond for you. We know with travel, there are instances where something may be left behind and we do our best to locate any lost items and return them to our hotel guests. We always appreciate the feedback from our TripAdvisor community but our greatest compliment is a return guest to our hotel. When travel has you searching for Marietta hotels near Atlanta, we’d truly like the opportunity to welcome you again to the hotel. Thanks again for your time in reviewing the DoubleTree Hotel.

Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

I have booked this hotel several times when my boss or coworkers came to town as I have always believed Doubletree Hotels to be comfortable and classy and have stayed in many myself. I will not book this one again.

After dropping off my coworker she sent me a text saying there were some very strange people at the hotel. I asked if I needed to turn around and take her elsewhere but she said no, a decision we would both later regret. When I picked her up the next morning she said she had not had breakfast as she was too uncomfortable to go to the hotel cafe to eat due to everyone walking around scantily clothed and in leather and chains. It turns out the hotel was hosting a Domination Convention, evidently an snnual event. There were people walking around in lingerie, carrying whips, etc. A man had hit on my coworker repeatedly in the elevator the night before, trying to get her to join him and his friends at the convention. Being tired after the long work day and travel and to avoid running into this man she called for room service for dinner. The poor gal that delivered it to her said "thank God you're normal. The last guy tried to lick my hand and I had to tell him that was inappropriate."

As I said before I have always believed DoubkeTree hotels to be classy and comfortable. This one is the exception and I will never book it again.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you Stormygirl71 for your past bookings with our DoubleTree Hotels and for your recent review posted. We value our guests and work tirelessly to ensure guest security is consistently ensured for all stays. We do value the diversity of the greater-Atlanta area and apologize your colleague was disrupted by another guest in-house. We would like the opportunity to welcome you and your colleagues back to the hotel and would like to work directly with you to ensure you are comfortable during your next stay.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We had a very positive experience. Easy check-in and check-out. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The only negative was the slowness in which the breakfast staff cleaned tables. And the cookie was good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Mike E, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Marietta, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Thank you so much for your time in reviewing our Marietta hotel after your recent stay. Our hotel certainly values your feedback and your comments have been shared with our staff to ensure we improve our service level based on your comments. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the famous DoubleTree Hotel Cookie. Our team takes great pride in providing friendly service at our hotel and are pleased to hear you experienced it firsthand. There is so much to do in the greater Atlanta, GA area and our hotel provides quick access to all points in the metro area. When travel has you searching for Marietta hotels in the future, we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you to the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Marietta.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was in Atlanta for a convention and had never visited the city. We called from the airport asking for help with transportation. They said, take a cab -- its 23 miles from the airport. We decided to try the train and when we called the hotel back for the closest stop, they told us, but still didnt have a shuttle or help in anyway to get to the hotel. Once we give up and get a rental, the check in was late, so we missed the first part of the convention. We had to ask for the cookies they are supposed to offer, and were treated like a burden.
However - the rooms are comfortable and well kept. I will never return because of the staff tho.

Room Tip: Dont sleep there.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank travelintexas79
Mike E, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Marietta, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

We appreciate your recent review and stay with our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to submit your review and have addressed your concerns regarding cookies at check-in with the appropriate team members. Our hotel is located 23 miles from Hartsfield Jackson International Airport. Because of our location, many guests utilize cabs, airport shuttle companies or rental cars to travel to our hotel. Please visit our Maps & Directions page of our website with recommended options and approximate costs of transportation to the hotel and remember we have free parking at the hotel if you’re driving (as well as $20 gas credit when booking the Gas Hotel Package for our hotel). When travel brings you back to the Atlanta-Marietta area, we’d love to have the opportunity to welcome you to the hotel again.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We recently spent 2 nights at this hotel and were pleased with our stay. We typically stay at the Doubletree in the Buckhead area but with all the Atlanta events going on this weekend, they were booked up so we had to stay a little further outside the city.
The hotel is convenient to the interstate but the area is fairly quiet (no traffic noise, for the most part) and it has ample self parking. You are close to the air force base so during the day you can sometimes hear planes taking off but not in the evenings.
We had a standard room on the 2nd floor of the building. The room size was nice. The bathroom was smaller than I'm used to at a Doubletree, but it was clean & fully functioning - and nicely appoined with granite tops and shower surround. The room overall was very clean and well kept.
The lobby of the hotel is spacious & welcoming. The front desk staff was very friendly and took good care of us.
My only real complaint about the weekend was that the walls at this hotel seem to be particularly thin. We had neighbors who were traveling with children - from what we could hear (which was plenty) these were not babies - they were only enough to be speaking coherently and pitching temper tantrums. Not only could we hear every scream & whine of the children, we could hear every responding argument from the parents - and the continuous running of feet thru their hotel room. It was not a particularly pleasant experience - especially at 10 pm the first night but the second night wasn't quite as bad. It wasn't just the neighbors, though - we could hear all the hallway noise and the quieter conversations from next door as well.
Overall, it was a great value for a holiday weekend, the room was comfortable and the service was good but if you're easily bothered by hallway noise or next door neighbors, you might want to alert them at the time of your reservation so they can try to place you away from the noisier areas of the hotel.
If the hotel(s) we wanted initially were booked solid, I would stay here again but I don't know that it would be my very first choice.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your recent review jmt1177 and we appreciate you as a loyal DoubleTree Hotel guest. Your feedback is certainly appreciated and I have shared with our team here at the hotel. We do pride ourselves in being close to the action of Atlanta, GA but far enough for guests to enjoy a quiet stay. Located only 2 miles from Dobbins Air Force Base it is likely you’ll hear some air activity during the day. We do our best in accommodating guest requests for guestroom accommodations and we apologize you were able to hear neighboring guests. Should you have the opportunity to visit us in the future, please address any accommodation request with the front desk upon arrival as we want to ensure your stay with us is a pleasant stay. Thank you again for your recent stay and your time in reviewing the hotel.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel over the weekend with some friends of ours to attend a sporting event. We did not spend a great deal of time at the hotel, but to be honest I was not impressed with the service or cleanliness. Doubletree's makes a big deal out of giving their guests cookies, however we were not offered a single cookie and when we asked we were told that they did not have enough. That was no dealbreaker, but we found the hotel staff to overall be unfriendly. The room had Cheerios on the floor from the previous guest which put me in doubt of their attention to cleanliness. Checkout was a noon so we had hoped to sleep late, but that was thwarted by the cleaning staff playing bumper cars with their cleaning carts and yelling in Spanish at 8 AM. We placed a do not disturb sign on the door, but still were awakend by the cleaning staff knocking on the door on two different occasions that morning!!! We waited for our friends in the lobby at checkout and sat in some chairs. The table in front of us was covered with baby spiders. I am not a very picky guest and like Doubletree Hotels, but this one is a dud. Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your time in reviewing the hotel. We appreciate you as a past DoubleTree Hotel guest and have shared your comments with our various teams to ensure any issues are corrected. If you have an opportunity to travel to the area in the future, we’d like to welcome you as a guest again at the hotel.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

This hotel was very nice. The staff was beyond amazing. The lady at the front desk was so nice when we checked in. The girl working the Mocha cafe was super sweet- she gave me a free hot chocolate when I mentioned that we were there for our anniversary. It was the BEST hot chocolate I've ever had in my life- seriously. The girl working the bar was also very friendly and funny. Even the girl that answered the call for our room service and the one that delivered it was great. The entire staff was amazing. As for the room- it was clean and to the point. The tv was a nice big flat screen. The only complaint with it was that there was no guide option on the tv nor in the room. You had to guess at what you were watching and on what channel. The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in. The only big problem with the room was the shower. There was very little water pressure and not much hot water. We were on the 6th floor though so maybe that had something to do with the water pressure. The building, pool, and grounds were clean and felt safe even at night. As for location- it was right off of I-75 and only about 10 exits away from downtown. You got the convenience of being right in Atlanta but without the noise. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Asking for a room on a lower level may help with shower water pressure.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Biology_Major

Thank you so much for your time in posting your review regarding your stay DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta – Marietta, GA. We are delighted to hear of your pleasant experience and have shared your comments with our team here at the hotel. Perhaps you took advantage of our Romance Hotel Package to help celebrate your special day! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again for your next anniversary or the next time travel has you searching for Atlanta, Georgia hotels. Thank you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Courtyard Atlanta Marietta/Windy Hill
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NW/Wildwood
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria
Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest
Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Marietta? Share your experiences!