Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown/Peachtree at 17th
$460
$417
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
All reviewsvalet parkinghearth roomwoodruff arts centeratlantic stationfull kitchenmarta stationbedroom suitecenter stagestove tophigh museum of artsofa bedmusic festivallaundry roombreakfast barpiedmont parkstaff was friendly and helpfulwithin walking distance
Reviewed September 3, 2008

We stayed at the Residence Inn for our anniversary. The location can't be beat, as there are lots of shopping, restaurants, and amenities close by.

The staff was friendly. The room was clean and comfortable. We had the one bedroom suite with a kitchen, and the separate living area is convenient for the spouse who rises earlier. There was plenty of soundproofing between the walls, so the noise level was at a minimum.

We used the valet parking, and it is pricey at $19 per night. However, it took no time to get our car when we wanted to go out and about.

The hot breakfast was quite adequate, with several choices, including pancakes and waffles, eggs and potatoes, and cereal and muffin choices.

All in all, our stay here was great, and we would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2008

My wife and I love to travel, and recently stayed at the Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown. Everything from the rooms and amenities, to the service made the Residence Inn Midtown a must stay hotel. The Suite had comfort down, and came with a kitchen and they can do the shopping for you. So my wife and I went to see Midtown Atlanta since everything is walking distance from the hotel, placed a grocery order and when we got back it was in the room for us, and we enjoyed a home cooked meal in our hotel room. The next morning we tried the complimentary hot breakfast buffet and it was delicious with all my breakfast favorites there, I ate the bed started calling me again. The hospitality hour was the best part in my opinion, complimentary cocktails and snacks in a relaxing atmosphere. When you've been running around all day it's the perfect way to unwind and prepare for the rest of the night. There also a lot to see, so you will never run out of things to do. This hotel gets two thumbs up in my book, if you coming to Atlanta the Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown is a must stay.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2008

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for an overnight getaway. We booked a one bedroom suite on the Marriott website and got a great price that included parking. The room was huge, clean and very comfortable. The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I think we've ever encountered! Breakfast was included in the room price and it was wonderful. Eggs, breads, potatoes, waffles, fruits, cereals, juices...you name it, they offered it.

We planned on walking around and getting dinner and drinks but it was raining so we caught a taxi and hit some of the nearby nightspots. The Fox theater isn't far so we'll be staying at this hotel again in 2 weeks for a show there. We definitely recommend this hotel!

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed August 14, 2008

I went to Atlanta for the weekend with my dad the first weekend of August. We were there for a church convention, and there was also a hair show that weekend. I used Priceline to make the reservation, and they gave the hotel a 2.5 star rating. I thought that was a little low for a Residence Inn, but it was fine for my father and I. We just wanted somewhere safe and clean to lay our heads while we were there.

The reservation was in my name, but my father arrived at the hotel first; the staff was pleasant to him while he waited for me in the lobby area. Our room had a queen-sized bed with a sofa bed. The decor was great, and we weren't expecting the flat screen in the room. While we didn't use it, the room had a stove, refrigerator, and a microwave.

I gave my dad the queen-sized bed, but I laid on it when he wasn't in the room & it felt wonderful! There were so many choices at breakfast that we often wouldn't eat again until later on in the day.

The reservation was made at the last minute, but I would definitely stay there again! Also, I with the extremely low rate I received with Priceline and the satisfaction of the hotel, I definitely had a steal; the only negative I recall was having to pay $19 per day per car for valet parking (the only parking they have).

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2008

I had asked for an early check in. Initially just for the bags. However, in the previous 48 hours we had had a 7 1/2 hour flight from the UK and an 18 hour overnight train journey. So we were very tired and very happy when the receptionist said that the room was ready and we could check in.

The room was excelent. More of a small studio flat than a hotel room. There was a small kitchen with breakfast bar, seating area with huge flat screen tv (showing Euro 2008 football which my husband watched) bed area and bathroom. All was very clean and looked fairly new. There was a gym which we didn't use and a laundrette which we did. The staff were very friendly. Must be that southern hospitality.

We had intended to see something of Atlanta but stayed in the room to catch up on some sleep. So we need to return to see Atlanta and this gives us a good excuse to return to this wonderful hotel. There are a couple of bars within a few yards which provided sustinence.

Overall I would recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple