“Excellent”

Ranked #131 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Ohio
“Excellent”
Reviewed May 10, 2010

Visited in October 2009, with my Friend Jim, we are from Ohio. Came to Georgia to see my Grandson and his new family. My Daughters Son. My daughter had passed away and wonderful extended family adopted him, planning a trip back, as her baby is also now being adopted by these wonderful people. This Holiday Inn Express was wonderful. The staff was friendly, helpful, kind and it was just a great overall experience. Ask for extra towels etc and almost before you hung up the phone they were at the door with whatever you needed. I am coming back for sure!!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank nancyb792

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Portland, Tennessee
Reviewed April 28, 2010

When my husband and I pulled into the parking lot of this property, I was impressed by the beautiful landscaping-there were palm trees and lush vegetation surrounding the hotel, and for a moment, I felt as if I were in Miami instead of Atlanta! In addition to that, the building looked new and well-kept.

The lobby and dining area were beautifully decorated as well...but unfortunately, our perfect dream was interrupted by the desk clerk announcing, "The manager has purged all the guests staying under employee rates from the system!"
Basically, this means my husband and I were erased from the reservation system...and we were effectively kicked out.
Uh oh.
I work for the Holiday Inn Express chain and had used the employee discount to reserve a room three weeks in advance, and my reservation was kicked out because the hotel was going to be at full capacity. It would have been nice if someone could have advised me before I made the five hour trip down there, but there was no phone call, no email or anything. I understand that guests paying full price have priority, and I wouldn't have had a problem making alternate plans had I been notified in a timely fashion, but to make a long trip and be told, "sorry...your room has been given to someone else" isn't exactly a good start to your vacation! For this, I had to deduct a Service point. :(

Luckily for us, the extremely helpful and friendly desk clerk (whose name I have decided to withhold out of respect for his job) was able to re-enter us into the system and get us into a room...and for that, my dear husband and I are most grateful.

Anyway, once we got to the room, we were pleased by its decor...but not so much by its size and the bathroom situation. The sink is across from the bed, which makes attending personal needs more difficult. I like to apply lotion and body oil right after my shower-not going to happen here unless you go into the bedroom to do it, because there is nowhere in the bathroom to store cosmetics. It's basically a toilet, a tub, a rack for towels and a picture! The bathroom was clean but looked a bit worn, the shower was clean and wonderful, but the low flow toilets were absolutely horrible! You would have to flush several times to clear the bowl, and I could imagine cleaning them would be a nightmare!
The bedroom was clean, beautifully decorated albeit tiny, and the bed itself was a thing of beauty! I don't think I've slept on a better bed! The beds sit up high (which I like) are soft and dreamy, although I didn't care for the half-sized pillows on the bed that much.

The televisions are HUGE flat screens, but sadly, the reception wasn't so great...and there was gasp...no Weather Channel!!!

There was also a card with a cute little poem on it and two Hershey's Kisses...this added touch was sweet and helped make things a little better that night.

Aside from the rough start, I was pleased with the hotel and its wonderful staff.

I'll leave you with the poem that was on the card in my room...

"We're sorry you're away from home another night, so we'd like to make things a little better if we might. Before you jump into bed and turn out the light, please enjoy this hug and kiss goodnight." Aww! :)

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nadira880
Limerick, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 3, 2009

I have stayed here before. The staff is upbeat and helpful, extremely polite. The rooms were very clean and well laid out. I have stayed at hotels all over the country and the world and frankly, a lot of them could learn about customer service from the people who staff this hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank tunisfish
Greenville SC
Reviewed November 7, 2009

This renovated relaunched Holiday Inn was a welcome surprise. I am in the business and am very critical of hotels that I stay in. This was a nice welcome and surprise from checkin to checkout.
The front desk clerk greeted me with a smile, acknowledged my Priority Club status and gave me a welcome treat bag along with a coupon for complimentary breakfast.
The room was very nice with 42" Flat Screen TV's, microfridge, and couch. Bath and Body Works amenities are now the standard. The only thing that was missing was conditioner. The room and bathroom was very clean and they did a great job with the recent renovation considering the age of the building.
All of the staff that I encountered was very friendly and accomodating. I would definitely stay here again if I were in the area.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank travelgrl1
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed October 2, 2009

My husband stays at this location several times a year for business. I usually tag along when possible...I love this place! The staff is like family, the evening clerk calls me by name. He goes out of his way to make sure his guests are happy.

Rooms are clean and spacious. Housekeeping is great, even a little TOO great, they are eager to clean rooms early in the morning (well, early by my standards) and still knock on the door even if the "do not disturb" sign is out. Still, they do a great job.

Breakfast is a nice buffet. From 5:30 to 7:00 they have free wine, beer and appetizers in the bar. Millie is a great bartender!

You can't go wrong staying here.

Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Medic2430
Brookfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 16, 2009

Stayed here with my family. The pool is nice and clean. The morning breakfast buffet was one of the best I've ever had at a chain type motel/suites/hotel. No fake rubber eggs or nasty waffles that stick to the waffle iron. We got a free drink ticket at the bar for the afternoon and the free breakfast buffet. The high speed internet connection actually worked way up in our room. After staying here we will for sure try another Holiday Inn. Haven't stayed at one since I was a little kid with my parents but it was a decent value for my wallet and family. We have no complaints about staying here.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Sciron
Baltimore
Reviewed March 23, 2009

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn on LaVista Road on business. For personal trips I tend to stay at 3.5-4 star hotels booked through hotwire, but on business I stick to 2-3 stars booked directly with the hotel. Because of this, I'm usually not very impressed with the business hotels. Not the case here. The rooms were newly renovated and had a sophisticated feel - exactly what I look for in a hotel. The beds were quite comfortable, there was a nice work space, and the TV was a large flat screen. On top of that, the hotel staff was great. Very friendly - good southern hospitality!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank randalen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake
TownePlace Suites Atlanta Northlake
Quality Inn Northlake
Quality Inn Northlake
#111 of 173 in Atlanta
Courtyard Atlanta Northlake
Comfort Suites Atlanta Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake? Share your experiences!