“3 nights of discomfort”

Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake
Ranked #139 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights in a king bedroom had trouble sleeping all the nights. My room was in front of the parking lot and the lights in the parking lot came in the room through the window. What made it bad was that you couldn't draw the curtains in front of the window so you can't stop those heavy lights. I was astonished and upset about this blunder in planning

Average breakfast.

Poor room cleaning. Found energy bar wrapper left on my desk after the room was cleaned so it was probably over noticed

Near a mall so you can get some good options there

Overall wont stay again

• Stayed: March 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Wzafar Z,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the ambient light from the parking lot prevented you from enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Upon arrival the front desk staff was very friendly, To the right of the desk there was a very large eating area, This is great because it was the placement of the breakfast buffet...

There was guest laundry on my floor, Which was a plus.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators, I had a king size bed.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is my second time staying at this hotel and I was even more pleased than before! My wife and I were simply "getting away" from home for a few days and I told her we had to stay at this Hotel. Upon arrival we were greeted by the front desk staff with the same huge smiles and warm welcome as in my previous stay! It was around 5 in the evening so the young lady offered us a fresh baked cookie as we were checking in which was awesome! We finished checking in and made our way up to our room. My wife was blown away by how Nice clean and neat the rooms were. She was even more shocked when I open the cabinet door under where the 42 inch flat screen tv sits to reveal a refrigerator and microwave, which I believe comes standard in all the rooms being that I never had to request a room with one or pay any extra for it! With all this being said this is a beautiful hotel with friendly happy staff, clean and well kept rooms and lobby, and a restaurant that can compete with any in the area! We will definitely return in the future!!

• Stayed: March 2013
atlnl, Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

I just wanted to say thank you for your comments about our staff and the level of service you received during your stay. Our team works hard to ensure each guest is satisfied so I will be sharing your comments with them. Please stay with us the next time you visit the Atlanta area.
My owner is dedicated to providing quaility accomodations and making sure his staff provides outstanding customer service

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I love this Hotel! My husband and I needed to get away so we purchased the "Romantic Get Away" that holiday inn has to offer. When we got there we found a bottle of champagne,(chilled) waiting for us in our beautiful room. We had a gourmet steak dinner, cooked to perfection, served by the most friendly staff. The cook even came out to make sure everything was to our liking. It was a great experience and well worth the price, which was very reasonable for what we received.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The rooms have been updated and are pretty nice, equivalent to what I would want from a 100/night hotel. The sink is in the room and not where the shower was. That did not matter much, but the shower and the caulking was probably the least nice thing. Both lamps on either side of the bed had electrical outlets. Neither of them worked. Also, the phone by the bed did not work. "auto" on the ac window unit did not work. It was either 'on' or 'off'. Felt guilty running it the entire night. Clean. Rooms nicer than the lobby. Has a breakfast, but I did not get it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear ReeseRunner,

Krysllin G.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Property looks well worn and beaten up. Upon entering the room, the trash from the last residents had not been cleaned-up, carpet needed a very thorough cleaning, furniture looked like it had seen alot of use, I would not sit on the sofa because it appeared dirty, and the bedspread had spots on it. Room not too well lit. Staff were courteous and it is convenient if you have business in the Northlake/Tucker/Decatur area. Would not stay there again though.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Cactusgardens
atlnl, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to express your comments about our Holiday Inn. It is very inportant to us that our guests our happy and comfortable when staying with us. We have talked with our kitchen staff as well as our housekeeping staff. Our owner is very committed to continuously making inprovements to our hotel as well as ensuring that he has the right team in place.Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention and given the team the opportunity to improve in the future. I assure you we have implemented measures to prevent this incident from recurring with any of our guests in the future. I would love to have you as our guests in the coming future. It will be complementary room for one night, so we can truly show our true hospitality and service, I can’t thank you enough for bringing this to our attention, I assure you this incident is an isolated incident and I assure you it was corrected. Thank you again for your feedback, Do not hesitate to call me my number is 770-934-6000 ext 122

Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Gave the hotel a second opportunity with poor results. Hotel is just maybe average with the normal Holiday Inn "fresh feel" just not there. The restaurant was poorly staffed and the breakfast buffet great if you like burnt bacon, dry sausage, and dry scrambled eggs. The kitchen staff likes to wander around a lot which adds to the ambience.
Lots of loud staff conversations at the front desk to go along with the poor breakfast. The hotel is very reflective of the carpet in the office behind the front desk, sad to say it in plain language. Kind of like all are pretending to play hotel and are not very good at it. Elevators were inspected but looked and felt/sounded like they were on their last leg. Maintenance looked poor overall. I definately will stay down the street next time.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Gary S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Gary S,

Thank you for choosing us again and for the time to write your experience in your recent stay. Please accept my sincerest apology for any inconvenience the breakfast and hotel staff may have caused during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I will follow up with the staff to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Krysllin G.