Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake
Ranked #141 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Gave the hotel a second opportunity with poor results. Hotel is just maybe average with the normal Holiday Inn "fresh feel" just not there. The restaurant was poorly staffed and the breakfast buffet great if you like burnt bacon, dry sausage, and dry scrambled eggs. The kitchen staff likes to wander around a lot which adds to the ambience.
Lots of loud staff conversations at the front desk to go along with the poor breakfast. The hotel is very reflective of the carpet in the office behind the front desk, sad to say it in plain language. Kind of like all are pretending to play hotel and are not very good at it. Elevators were inspected but looked and felt/sounded like they were on their last leg. Maintenance looked poor overall. I definately will stay down the street next time.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Gary S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Gary S,

Thank you for choosing us again and for the time to write your experience in your recent stay. Please accept my sincerest apology for any inconvenience the breakfast and hotel staff may have caused during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I will follow up with the staff to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Krysllin G.
IHGCare

Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

We had a "suite" that was more like a king bed with a couch off to the side. It was small, especially with the sofa bed pulled out. We had to squeeze inbetween spots, which was incredibly annoying. Several times I asked for more pillows and was denied. The breakfast was very good, but I felt as though the employees were very rude to other guests. Not us, but the group of Asian-americans staying. They constantly made snide comments about them being cheap and NOT ONCE did they offer then drinks, while they poured ours any time we drunk a sip. We had to stay in the area for an extra day for an emergency and when we called downstairs, we asked if the price would be the same. They told us it would be $119 the next night, so we packed our things to leave. What do they do when we get down there? Offer the room for $70. We've already packed, and don't feel like staying, especially after being tricked like that. We left and went a few streets over to the Hampton Inn -- much better service!

• Stayed: August 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Dear Aja B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am so sorry you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. I'm sorry the service you received from our staff did not live up to your expectations. We will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

Zelyn N
IHG Care

Reviewed August 8, 2012

My family and I stayed here for one night recently and were very happy with our stay. When we got there, we noticed there was a huge (and very loud) party in the parking lot by the pool. When I asked to have a room on an upper floor and away from the noise, they did exactly that. The hallway on our floor was littered with trash, presumably from where they were cleaning rooms but it was cleaned up when we went out later. The rooms were updated and very clean and the beds were fantastic! I liked that the sink was outside of the bathroom. With a family of four and a preteen, this makes life so much easier. There are quite a few places to eat around the area. We went to the movie theater across the street that served dinner in the movie. It was very nice, but we drove to an authentic thai restaurant for dinner (Mai Thai). It was fantastic! The breakfast in the morning was possibly the best free breakfast I have ever had! Be sure to ask for your breakfast vouchers when you check in.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We had a family reunion (about 65 family members) for which all of our family stayed 5 nights in multiple rooms. To say that the staff from the front desk, to the kitchen, to maintenance was accommodating is an under statement. Everyone was excellent and the breakfast was better then breakfast at 4 star hotels that's not included in the cost of the room. Every need that we had was quickly and efficiently met. I could not have picked a better location for my family to stay. At the end of our time there we all felt as if we were leaving part of our family behind. Excellent job staff and as a result of the great time that we had my family has asked that we find another Holiday Inn for next years reunion and has vowed to patronize Holiday Inn locations as often as possible. Thanks so much for making our time with you so great.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Rooms were nicely decorated but not clean. Bag of trash with beer cans in one room when we checked in, crumbs and sticky spot on carpet and hair on toilet in the other. We reported it to staff and no offer was made to offer another room and we never heard from them again. Was rated as 3 star but does not qualify.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear loiswhoelse,

Thank you for taking time to review our property. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments regarding housekeeping and the staff are very troubling. I'm so sorry these happened but it is not the norm. Rest assured these will certainly be looked into.

Connie D
IHGCare

Reviewed July 15, 2012

This hotel did everything possible to accommodate a large family reunion. The rooms were all ready, the service was great. I have to mention how you held over breakfast we we could go to church as a family. You guys are awesome, I will stay there again.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

I am an OCD traveler. I try to read as many reviews as I can before going anywhere. My family was going to Atlanta to do the City Pass activities. We wanted to stay somewhere decent, but not spend a lot. The best deal I found was this hotel. It was very clean. The bed linens and towels were nice and fresh. The sheets were actually changed daily....which did not occur in a very upscale hotel I stayed in during an Orlando trip. The rooms had microwaves, refrigerators and free wifi. They has a washer and dryer available in an area near the ice machine which can be nice if traveling with children. The bathroom was very clean, but I hated the shower curtains. They were hard to stay closed. There was also free parking. The room we were in was very quiet even though we were near the elevator. They gave us free full hot breakfast daily which was unexpected and they had a free cocktail hour in the afternoons (Monday thru Thurs). The staff was very friendly. The hotel was near many restaurants and shops. Many of the restaurants delivered to the hotel. The area of town seemed safe. The bad about the hotel was that it did need some updating. The walls in the room needed paint or just spot cleaned with a magic eraser. The headboards were cloth and looked nice, but I just felt they were a little germy and dirty. Keep in mind I am OCD about cleanliness. I think it is just time to paint, change out curtains, etc. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family