Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria
Ranked #89 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed July 1, 2014

The staff at this hotel is outstanding. They go out of there way to assist you. All you have to do is ask for something and they will jump on the oppertunity to assist. Breakfast is quiet good, don't expect the world but you will get a quality hot meal that far exceeds most free breakfasts. Most nights dinners are very good, especially with the economy as it is and companies trying to scale down. I stay at a lot of hotels and have seen other major chains really cutting back on dinners/managers reception; not here!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Stephanie S, Sales Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Jason Deuce,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay here at Homewood Suites Atlanta Galleria. Feedback is extremely important to us so again we thank you for taking the time to complete this TripAdvisor review. We're so thrilled you had such a great stay and found our staff to be warm, helpful and courteous. We're also glad you enjoyed our complimentary meals and we appreciate the positive comments you made in regard to the breakfast and dinner buffet. We hope you will visit us again next time you are in Atlanta, we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back into our home!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

I booked a room that was a 2 bed suite(2 beds and a sofa bed). My family drives 8 hours to get here and be told that is not available. All they had was a king room(1 king bed and a sofa) NOT what I booked! So they gave us 2 king rooms next door to each other(still NOT what I booked for a family vacation)! One room is good. Smells good and is clean. The other room smells really musky and has dirt and dust everywhere! The dishes are not clean, I had to clean them before I used them, the pan still had brown residue in it. The door in the bathroom that is suppose to be locked(water heater or something) was opened. I opened the door and found total disgusting, nasty, funk! Maintenance can come tonight or in the morning. I don't see what they will do. I cannot let my family breathe this in another night.

Stayed: June 2014
Stephanie S, Sales Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Nicole,

First and foremost I would like to deeply and sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay with us. I am very disappointed to hear that one of the suites you were placed in was not up to Homewood or Hilton Standards. I would also like to extend my personal apology regarding the room type that you reserved not being available. Although it rarely occurs, it is a common practice in the travel industry to offer the guest better accommodations if we are unable to provide the suite type originally reserved. We try to avoid this from occurring for our guests but sometimes it is unavoidable and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I definitely agree things could have been handled differently, and I have reached out to my guest service manager in regard to this matter.

On that note, I would also like to inform you that I have spoke with my Chief Engineer, as well as my General Manager, in regard to the odor in one of your suites, and the status of the utility closet. We truly appreciate you letting us know about this issue so we can ensure it does not happen again. Our guest satisfaction is of utmost importance to us and we want to know any time something does not meet your satisfaction so that we may take care of it right away. Thank you for being our guest. We appreciate you sharing your comments and we hope to see you on your next visit.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Great location next to Mall. Currently under renovation, but the crew was very quiet. The food is really good and rooms are very clean and accommodating. The staff needs positive boosts to increase the guest satisfaction.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Stephanie S, Sales Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

AAAOcrossfire,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your honest opinion in regard to your recent stay with us! We truly value guest feedback, so it is wonderful to hear how your stay was. It is also really great to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location near Cumberland Mall. As you mentioned we are having some local roadwork done in our immediate area, but this does not affect out hotel property layout in any way. We truly pride ourselves on the taste and quality of our breakfast and dinner, so it is great to hear you enjoyed the meals that were served! In regard to the morale of our staff, I have spoke with each member of management directly and informed them of this matter. We are doing all we can to boost the spirits of not only our guests, but also out employees. Please keep us in mind the next time your travels bring you to our area, we would truly love to welcome you back to your home away from home.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed June 23, 2014

The Hotel is different from any of the other Homewood suites I have stayed in as far as set up. It fell short as far as housekeeping in the room, and the maintenance. It also needed the a/c fixed in the elevator thought we were in a hot box

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Stephanie S, Sales Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

De' Ivory J,

First and foremost thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at Homewood Suites Atlanta Galleria. Please rest assured I have informed our housekeeping department of your comments in regard to the cleanliness of the suite. I've spoke with my Chief Engineer in regard to the maintenance issues that need to be addressed in the suite you occupied during your stay here. He is also aware of the issues in the elevator you experienced. I would like to deeply apologize, and if you have time, please contact me so I can find out exactly what issues we need to resolve in order to prevent any future issues. 770-988-9449. Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback, and please have a great day!

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Be advised that this property looks like an old apartment complex converted into a hotel. Therrooms are in buildings and the room doors are outside and are not connected at all to the lobby/main part of hotel. I did not feel safe walking alone to the lobby to get hot chocolate at night by myself. The sheets upon arrival were dirty and had hairs on them. It took over 1 hour to get new ones. The furnishings were shabby, heavily worn and dirty. I couldn't walk barefoot or take a shower without wearing flip flops. Standard food. Dirty food area in breakfast room. Nice location, but hideous property. Stay away!!!

Dear louisp410,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience here with us at Homewood Suites Atlanta Galleria. It saddens me to hear that you left our property unsatisfied with your stay. I would like to sincerely apologize on behalf of the entire staff for not making your stay the best stay possible. As you mentioned, our property is an indoor/outdoor hotel. Our suites that are exterior access give the apartment style feel. We are a first generation Homewood Suites, so our property was designed with this layout. We like to offer our guests options when it comes to their room type location, I am very sorry you were not offered a room in a different location where you felt satisfied. Many of our extended stay guests prefer the apartment style feel which gives them more of a feeling of being at home. In the future please keep in mind we have one building which is the typical hotel style layout with suites on each side of the hallway, and an elevator in the middle of the building. I am very disappointed to hear you felt unsafe walking to the lobby from your suite, we have staff on property at all times, and in the future we would be happy to walk you to our lobby and back to your suite. We are known for being in a very safe area, so again, I am so sorry you did not feel safe while staying with us. I have shared your comments in regard to the cleanliness of our suites with the Housekeeping Manager, Lisa Farley. She was shocked to hear of the issues you came across, and is working hard to make sure this never happens again. I have also spoke with my General Manager, Karen Hurst, in regard to the furnishings in the suites, and the food/cleanliness of the breakfast area. We take these issues very seriously, and will most definitely do all we can to make sure these issues never happen again. Again, I would like to thank you for your detailed feedback, we truly appreciate it. I hope you will give us a second chance if you are ever in the area again, and I wish you and your family all the best!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Overall the hotel is great, however waiting for 2 to 3 hours to be able to check in after a 10 hour drive from Miami was not good. At check out we were charged twice on our credit card. We called to let them know and the issue was some what resolved. The staff was very nice and said sorry for all the trouble we had.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Fabian G.,

I would like to extend my deepest apologies for the delay at check in you experienced. I can definitely understand why that would be frustrating after such a long trip. Please rest assured we have shared your negative experience with every member of our department, and we are working hard to ensure this does not happen again in the future. I am pleased to hear that our staff was apologetic and helpful when these issues were brought to their attention. We would love to welcome you back to our property if your travels ever bring you this way, and at that time give you the positive check in that you deserve!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed June 15, 2014

very clean rooms nicely appointed is a extended stay type of place limited handicap parking rates vary a lot from 80$ night for workers to over 300$ for our two night stay quite clean breakfast was not near as good as at other places with rates like this but was acceptable I will be looking for another place that is more reasonable for blade show next year but for the lateness of making a reservation this was jest fine !

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Stephanie S, Sales Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear David M.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Homewood Suites. I'm so glad you were happy with the cleanliness of our suites during your stay. Our rates here at Homewood Suites vary depending on occupancy, length of stay, and local events taking place during that time. We encourage our guests to call the hotel directly or check online for AAA, AARP, Senior, and Military Family rates. These are based on availability of course, but you may be able to save some money the next time you come into town!! We take pride in the quality of our breakfast buffet, so it is very disheartening to hear you were not happy with the standard of our breakfast. I would truly love to hear more about your stay, so if you would, please contact me directly at 770-988-9449 so we can find out what we can improve on. Feedback is very important to us, so I truly hope to hear from you very soon! Thanks again for choosing to stay with us at Homewood Suites Atlanta Galleria.

Many thanks,
Stephanie Schade

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Cumberland Mall / NW
Courtyard Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria
Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria? Share your experiences!