“Homewood Suites Cumberland”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria
Ranked #88 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I personally do not like hotels where my room door opens to the outside. I dont recall any of the pictures on the internet or any wording in the description alerting me to this fact. I would not have booked this particular location. I have been pleased with Homewood Suites in the past and would choose the brand again. The suite layout was very nice. The bathroom needed updating. The shower door was broken. The corners and edges around the walls and showers appeared dirty. The shower door track was dirty. The bathroom sink drained very slow. The furnace room door would not close. 3 main issues: 1) Inability to walk around the beds 2) The fan on the furnace never turned off 3) The deabbolt on the door was loose

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Stephanie S, Sales Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Ms. Ava P,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us! I greatly appreciate the positive feedback you gave and sincerely apologize for the areas that need improvement. I have shared your feedback with our entire management staff in an effort to make improvements for the future. We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention and I can assure you that we will do our best to resolve these issues. Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review and we look forward to welcoming you back into our home if your travels bring you to the Atlanta area.

Sales Coordinator

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We were in Atlanta for a couples get away. We booked a king suite with a fireplace. We looked and looked, but did not see the fireplace. The manager was kind and did comp us for 1 day. There was a baseboard off with long nails exposed, the sprinkler system was clogged with dust and grease, and the smoke alarm battery was dead. Just not what we usually see at a Hilton property.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Stephanie S, Sales Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear KRH53,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. I deeply apologize for not having the room type available that you booked, but I am pleased to see one of our manager's took care of a night's stay for you and your spouse. Rest assured the room you stayed in was taken out of service after your check out for both, investigation into the exposed nails, as well as a thorough inspection by our Chief Engineer to ensure all additional maintenance issues were addressed including the smoke alarm and sprinkler. I apologize again that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I hope the next time you are in this area you will give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves as this is not a typical occurrence. Please contact me directly if there is anything else we can do to rectify this situation. Stephanie.Schade@Hilton.com or 770-988-9449. We realize first impressions are a big deal and we hope this won’t deter you from staying with us in the future. Wishing you all the best and thanking you for your feedback

Sales Coordinator

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Although this hotel is not brand-new or fancy, their level of "service with a smile" is a step above most of the other accomodations I have experienced recently. The entire staff, obviously without forced effort, went out of their way to make the stay enjoyable.

Dear Rocky,

First and foremost I want to thank you so much for taking the time out to fill out our TripAdvisor survey. Nothing is better than positive feedback from our guests and I am truly pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We are very grateful for your kind words. Our team here works very hard to ensure all of our guests are happy. We aim to provide sincere service, as your happiness is of our utmost importance. Thank you again for your review! We can’t wait to welcome you home soon!

Warm Wishes,

Reviewed April 23, 2014

If you're traveling to Cobb County (Atlanta) on business, this is a very convenient and comfortable hotel. The suite was very relaxing. The hotel shuttle was efficient and timely. I will DEFINITELY stay there again if travels take me to this area.

Dear Mike,

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves here on many things but most importantly is the service you receive during your stay so I am delighted that the staff made you feel right at home with us. I'm also glad the shuttle was put to good use while you were here, and that it was timely in picking and dropping you off. Please come back and see us when you're in town, we will be looking out for you! Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to having you stay with us during your future trips to Atlanta.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 23, 2014

The property's layout is a little different from a traditional hotel. Takes a little time getting used to. Guestrooms are in need of a refresh, but overall very nice, comfortable surroundings. Breakfast was good not great. The value is excellent, making it worth price.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Stephen,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review in regard to your recent stay with us here at our Homewood Suites Atlanta-Galleria. We highly value feedback from our guests as it helps us to improve in areas we may not be exceeding guest expectations. While it has been a few years since our total renovation, we strive to keep our hotel looking clean and up to date. The evolution of our property is still on-going and we are constantly looking to improve upon our overall guest experience and service. We will be undergoing more renovations in the near future, and any feedback, is greatly appreciated. We thank you for choosing to stay with us, but more importantly for your feedback as it helps us maintain our high standards. We hope your travels will bring you back to the Atlanta area so we may welcome you back, and thank you again, we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Very nice accommodations. Room was large being a two room suite. The hotel has plenty of restaurants in the area to choose from. The mall is close with a food court. This was a business trip and the hotel was very close to the facility where my business was conducted. Overall a very pleasant place to stay.

Dear Donald J,,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for the great review! It brings me joy to hear that your accommodations were exemplary during your stay, as we strive to make every guest here feel like they are at their home away from home. I'm so glad our spacious suite worked out well for you during your business trip, and I hope you will think of us next time you are in the Atlanta area. Thank you again for sharing your great experience with our TripAdvisor family! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Near a bus stop so I could take advantage of Atlanta's excellent public transportation system. The staff helped me plan forays using public transport. My room was immaculate. I was annoyed by the heating/cooling system that would alternate between blowing hot air and air conditioning to maintain temp.

Ms. Amy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with our TripAdvisor community. I am so happy that you were pleased with our hotel! Our goal at the Homewood Suites Atlanta-Cumberland/Galleria is to provide pristine accommodations and services. I am so glad you were able to take advantage of Atlanta's great sights by using the local transit system. I will most definitely speak with our Chief Engineer in regard to the HVAC issues you experienced during your stay. Again, thank you again for the awesome review! We can’t wait to welcome you back the next time business or pleasure brings you back to our area!

Stephanie Schade

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Cumberland Mall / NW
Courtyard Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria
Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria? Share your experiences!