“Just not comfortable”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria
Ranked #89 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stay in Hilton properties all the time through work. This was my worst stay, and I had my family with me. Unever heating and cooling, tight parking spaces, the TV service went in good weather, and the towels smelled like smoke.

1  Thank Jason S
Rebecca H, Sales Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Jason S,

On behalf of all of the staff at The Homewood Suites Atlanta Cumberland Galleria I would like to sincerely apologize for your less than exceptional stay with us. I promise you, your experience at our hotel is not a typical experience. Please know that our Guest Service Manager made our Chief Engineer aware of the issues you experienced in your suite with your TV and thermostat. In regards to the linens, unfortunately in our smoking suites the clean linens quickly absorb the smoke odor, which is why your linens smelled of smoke. In an effort to make things right, my Guest Service Manager has issued you a 100% for your inconveniences while staying at our hotel. Please accept this as an apology. If there is anything else you feel we should know about our property please do not hesitate to contact me at Rebecca.Hamby@hilton.com. Again I apologize and I hope that you will give us an opportunity to change your mind about our hotel the next time you’re in the Atlanta area!

Rebecca Hamby

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I was extremely happy with the stay. The staff went over and beyond when we requested a stool for my son to sit on in the shower (my son is handicapped). The staff sent a stool that could be used for a tub (but we had a shower in our room. Then they brought a folding chair, which was sufficient. Then the front desk called and asked if the chair would accommodate our needs and if not they would go to the nearest store and pick up a stool. Additionally, during our stay when we were looking for somewhere either restaurants or other establishments, they went out of their way to not only look up places but gave us specific directions. This was not just one staff member but everyone we dealt with during our stay. I made the comment to my husband that I felt they had had "Ritz Carlton" training. Thank you for a great experience.

1  Thank Susan H
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel was perfect for our needs as family. The unit was sufficient for what we needed and the services were top notch! We were in an excellent location convenient to many amenities and services in addition to what the hotel had to offer. This was important because of our team and family social needs. The whole experience was very good.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The check in process was great. Relisha was very helpful, allowing us to check in at 10 am. She even invited us to enjoy the breakfast. The room was a one bedroom suite with a fireplace. It had a full kitchen, table and chairs, sofa bed and arm chair in the living room area. The bathroom had a vanity separate from the shower. There was a door to the bedroom that kept it private from the bathroom area. There were two televisions and two closets. Our daughter was with us and she had to leave earlier than we did but with the floor plan she did not disturb us as she got ready early that morning. I would definitely stay here again when in Atlanta.

Room Tip: The rooms are in separate buildings with only two floors so there are no elevators. We were first a...
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Very nice suite, good location with allot of restaurants close by, the hotel staff was very friendly, and the complimentary breakfast and dinner was awesome. There were some furniture damages but nothing serious.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have a family of five. Our stay was comfortable and convenient. We all enjoyed the suite as it really felt comfortable and homey. The area was very "user-friendly" with shopping mall and restaurants. The front desk and lobby was exceptional. I will certainly recommend Home Wood Suites to any family! We are from HAWAII, and I work in the entertainment and hospitality business in famous WAIKIKI, so I certainly understand what it means to have excellent service. We got that at Home Wood Suites! My wife keeps talking about it. She is a critic! When she says it was good, it was good! Above all, we felt SAFE! Mahalo (thank you) Home Wood Suites! KIA Family

Thank Blaine & Kaleon... K
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The suites and gathering areas were much larger and nicer than expected. The staff are friendly and courteous. The complimentry breakfast and dinner was good, and available for a couple of hours. I will definetly stay again on my next business trip.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Rebecca H, Sales Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear Tom B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with our TripAdvisor community. I am so happy that you were pleasantly surprised with our hotel! Our goal at the Homewood Suites Atlanta-Cumberland/Galleria is to provide pristine accommodations and services. It is wonderful that you found our 2 room suites more spacious than you anticipated. I will be sure to relay your comments about breakfast and dinner to our team and commend the team members responsible for your wonderful meals! Thank you again for the awesome review! We can’t wait to welcome you back the next time business brings you back to our area!

Rebecca Hamby

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Cumberland Mall / NW
Courtyard Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria
Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria? Share your experiences!