Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria
Ranked #92 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
A TripAdvisor Member
“Best Service EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel. It is hands down the friendliest service I have ever experienced at a hotel. Although modest, my room was comfortable and clean. And with the complimentary full breakfast and managers reception during week days, it is by far the best value for the price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Rebecca H, Sales Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review and providing us with feedback on your recent stay. We are thrilled you had such a great stay and found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I am also happy that you took full advantage of our complimentary breakfast and dinner which can definitely be beneficial when being away from home and not wanting to eat out. Thank you again for staying with us and sharing your great experience with our TripAdvisor community! We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit the Atlanta area!

Rebecca Hamby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

This hotel was phenomenal!!! It's close to shopping, restaurants, the highway and the grocery store. The service is A++++. Please talk to Stephanie at the front desk, she gives amazing service. The breakfast was really good and the room was very nice. I will DEFINITELY stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Rebecca H, Sales Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear BostonBeachLady,

What an awesome review! Thank you so much for sharing your great experience with our TripAdvisor community! I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us! Here at the Homewood Suites, we strive to leave an everlasting impression on all of our guests! Giving excellent service is very important to us as we want to make all of our guests feel at home during their stay. I am so happy you found Stephanie to be an excellent Guest Service Agent. She is a wonderful member of our team and I want you to know, she was recognized this morning during our huddle for her great service! Thank you again for the wonderful review! We look forward to welcoming you back in to our home the next time you visit Atlanta.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights, which was way to long. I wanted to check out as soon as we got to our room. The first thing I noticed was the old smell, it smelled like urine. It was horrible. The carpet had stains on it everywhere, posted pics of that. The shower enclosure had mold on the inside of grooves. The bed skirt was ripped. The baseboard in the kitchen was falling off. The fridge had ice collecting. And they do not clean the rooms properly because we found someone's underwear on the floor of the closet. I have been to many hotels but this has to be one of the worst ones. I will never stay here again....

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Natalie2074
Dear Natalie2074,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. I am truly sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. Upon checkout my Guest Service Manager did speak with your husband about the issues you experienced during your stay. In an effort to express our apology for the inconveniences you all experienced, your husband was offered either a free night stay or Hilton Honor points. Please know that your husband did choose to receive Hilton Honors points and the points were awarded to your husband’s account immediately after check out. Rest assured the room you all stayed in was taken out of service after your check out for both, investigation into the odor, as well as a thorough inspection by our Chief Engineer to ensure all additional maintenance issues were addressed. We also made our Executive Housekeeper aware of the cleanliness issues you all experienced to avoid any of the same issues in the future. I apologize again that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I hope the next time you are in this area you will give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves as this is not a typical occurrence.

Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

This Hotel has a great breakfast and dinner provided. Each meal there is a hostess meeting guest and asking how things are with their day , and with the hotel. There is a Gym in the Hotel, but the hotel also offers day passes to a full service gym across the street. There are well over 15 - 20 restaurants in the area, several close enough to walk to. There is a movie theater close by and a grocery store to get those items you may need to use in the Hotel's rooms Kitchens. The coliseum mall is in walking distance. overall a great location and Outstanding Hotel

Room Tip: In the winter there are fireplace suites, in the summer building D on the ends with only two room ac...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Rebecca H, Sales Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Bob L,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our TripAdvisor community! I am so happy you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us! Our goal here at the Homewood Suites is to make all of our guests feel at home and I am happy that we not only made you feel at home but that our services exceeded your expectations! I am glad you took advantage of our complimentary breakfast every morning and our manager’s reception in the evening, Monday thru Thursday. As you said, we are in a great location and I am happy you found the surrounding environment enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back home the next time your travels bring you to Atlanta.

Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

This was a great place to stay. Convenient, staff was friendly and helpful, good location, easy access to I-75 without being right on top of it. Although off a busy road, the surroundings were very nice. Only complaint is it was a tad difficult to find.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Dear HoosierJeff,

Thank you for the wonderful review! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here and found our staff happy to assist you! Our location off Cobb Parkway is a great location as we are just in between I-285 and I-75. This is a busy area but we are lucky because our surrounding trees and buildings block the all highway noise. I am so sorry you had difficulty finding our hotel! We can be hard to find, however our guest service agents do a great at giving directions! Thank you again for sharing your experience with our TripAdvisor family! We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area!

Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

If in Atlanta for leisure, you would want to in or near downtown as thats where all the attractions are and traffic can get really bad in ATL so you should be in the area for business to pick this hotel. Location is ok, several restaurants are closeby within 5-7 minutes walk, including Hooters and Tilted Kit ;). Galleria and another mall are very closeby too with plenty more options to eat. Shuttle for nearby business areas.
Hotel has a good overall feel on the outside, gives a ranch like feeling what with all the wood work in the lobby, impressive. All the cottages (read rooms) are also distinct unlike your usual Homewood. Pool is small but has a small basketball court and couple of grillers. gym overlooks the pool which is pleasant. Breakfast and evening dinner reception werent as good as what I have had at other Homewood's but still was better than most hotels.

Room Tip: Take rooms on the highest floor overlooking the pool as that will give u a pleasant view to get up t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear thewanderer-nammo,

Thank you for your great review of not only our hotel but our city as well! Atlanta is a wonderful city with many attractions. Our Cumberland Galleria location is a great alternative to guests that do not want to stay in the heart of Atlanta as there is a little bit of everything here and we are only 15 minutes away from downtown. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our hotel does have a unique feel that we have specifically designed to make our guests truly feel at home. Our goal is to make every guest feel at home, which is something we achieve by not only the décor but also the extra amenities we offer. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast and dinner, but sad that you found it not to be as good as other Homewood Suites locations. Our menu changes nightly as we have all different types of guests to accommodate. You will have to come back to stay with us and experience a different meal as I am sure you will find it as great as you found other Homewood Suites dinners! We hope to see you soon and thank you again for the review!

Best Wishes,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Yes, I said great food. I am a Hilton diamond member so stay at different Hilton's across the country every week. And I can tell you the staff was absolutely outstanding at this property and they actually offer great food at their complementary breakfast and managers reception. My wife and kids were on vacation and it was the best meals we had the entire trip (and they even offered a nice glass of wine at dinner--which my wife really enjoyed). Staff was wonderful--offered little gifts to my kids as we were leaving, were very responsive and very friendly. I had never stayed here before but location turned out to be perfect--just off of I-75 and tons of restaurants very close to the hotel. Rooms were just average but very clean and more space than you will get anywere else. Very happy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Rebecca H, Sales Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
What a wonderful review from one of our loyal Hhonors travelers. First, I would like to thank you for your loyalty to Hilton. Second, thank you for the wonderful review! I will be sure to pass your kind words about our staff along during our morning huddle! Ensuring our guests have a great stay while visiting with us is very important to all of our staff. I am happy to hear that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed both breakfast and dinner. It's great that your family enjoyed their vacation here. Cumberland Galleria area is a great location for visiting Atlanta as we do have Cumberland Mall and several restaurants close by and, as you said, we are right off 75 which makes downtown just a few minutes away! Thank you again for the wonderful review and we can’t wait to welcome you back to our home the next time you’re in the Atlanta area.

Rebecca Hamby
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Courtyard Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria
Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria? Share your experiences!