“Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria
Ranked #89 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Barnesville, Georgia
“Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Great stay, terrific room, maid service was spot on every time, breakfast was very satisfying. Felt like home didn't want to leave. The room was clean, large enough for 1 person, free WIFI, free parking and close location to Cobb Energy Performing Arts Center.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
KarenHomewood, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure to welcome you into our home and I appreciate your kind words in regards to our service and accommodations. Our goal is to satisfy all of our guests so I am overjoyed to hear that we were able to do just that. As you’ve mentioned, we are a great location for many of the local attractions. Our delicious breakfast, complimentary WIFI, and complimentary parking is always a plus to have while away from home. We appreciate you being a loyal customer and promise to strive to keep you happy each time you return. Once again, thank you for your fantastic review and we look forward to having another opportunity to welcome you into our home again soon!

Lindsey Martindale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel on business.

After the first night, I called the front desk because I found dry blood on one of the pillows. To make a long story short, the hotel moved my room because they said another guest, in the same room, had bed bug issues the night before I checked it. They assumed the blood was mine.

I understand that these things happen, but the way the hotel handled it was completely unprofessional. When I escalated my complaint to Hilton, they redirected back to the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
KarenHomewood, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for providing honest feedback in regards to your recent stay with us. It is disheartening that you had to experience a less than satisfactory stay. The comfort, health and safety of our guests are of the utmost importance. First and foremost it should be noted that this matter was taken very seriously and addressed immediately. Our guests, past and future, should not be alarmed as there is not a bed bug problem here at our hotel. Despite this isolated incident, anytime a guest is not satisfied or not comfortable for any reason it becomes a top concern for all of us, as guest satisfaction and comfort remain our number one priority.

We want you to know that upon your report to our front desk, the room was inspected and immediately taken off-line, followed by a thorough professional examination. It was not until both the professional pest company and the management staff were 100% certain that the room was suitable for occupancy that it was returned to inventory. We unequivocally apologize for the inconvenience and discomfort you experienced and that you were less than satisfied with how we responded. I am aware that our General Manager spoke with you in regards to what we could to do rectify the situation as we want our guests to feel confident that we did everything in our power. As mentioned earlier, this situation is very rare so if there is something we could improve on , please feel free to email me at Lindsey.martindale@hilton.com.

Once again, thank you for your honest feedback and I apologize for your less than satisfactory stay. I hope that you will allow us the chance to prove that we are the best in service and accommodations by welcoming you back into our home if your travels bring you to the Atlanta area.

Livorno, Italy
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We've been 2 nights at the end of August (family with 2 kids) and eveything was fine in this excellent hotel: location, safe area, parking, full of restaurants and shops in the vicinity, spotless spacious room, wi-fi ok. Typical beautiful Homewood! Just one thing wasn't too functional. The electric stove was a bit 'lazy' cause to get the water boiling (we're italian and we like pasta!) it took a lot.....but maybe was our fault and we didn't use it properly....Anyway good experience and if in the area we'll be back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
KarenHomewood, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our accommodations, convenient location, and most importantly spacious suites. Our goal is to have an ever lasting impression on all of our guests, so I am happy to hear that we were able to do that. Thank you for informing us about the burners in our suite. My Chief Engineer has been made aware of this issue and I can assure you that it will be taken care of to ensure your return to our property. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Once again, thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with our TripAdvisor community and I look forward to welcoming you back into our home soon!

St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Good hotel, great amenities!!
I had a very nice 5 night stay at Homewood Suites. The room was clean, large enough for 1 person, free WIFI, free parking and close location to Cobb Energy Performing Arts Center. Kitchenette was useful with a Kroger's Grocery just one block away. I looked forward to the complimentary breakfast and evening snacks (lite dinner) which changed daily and always included a salad bar which was very nice. Front desk staff were engaging and helpful.
A couple cons: The noise from other guests and housekeeping makes an afternoon nap quite impossible, housekeeping are extremely loud and the walls of the room are paper thin. Also, there are some issues with mold and rust in the bathroom. The rooms show some signs of age.
Overall, the free meal, free parking, clean room and what felt to be a very safe neighborhood in Atlanta would definitely attract me to staying here in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank maldoror23
KarenHomewood, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with our TripAdvisor community! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our enticing amenities, our convenient location, and most importantly our warm and generous staff. These amenities are always a plus for guests who are traveling away from home for more than a couple of nights. I apologize for the noise disturbance that you experienced while you were here with us. My Executive Housekeeper has been made aware of your concerns regarding the Suite-keepers’ level of noise when traveling throughout the building in an effort to make improvements for the future. Also, you mentioned some issues with mold and rust in the bathroom. We take these issues very seriously, so if you have the time to give further details that would be great. I would be happy to personally look into any specific issues you encountered during your stay so that these issues do not reoccur in the future. I can be reached at 770-988-9449- or Lindsey.martindale@Hilton.com. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention and I apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. I look forward to welcoming you back into our home when your travels bring you back to the Atlanta-Galleria area.
Starkville, Mississippi
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The suites are rather spacious and full of comforts. Breakfast service works well, and they vary foods on a daily basis. One thing which was not as good as expected was the pool, which is a bit small. and not very private. They did not change our towels on our second day, so I just hope it is not a common characteristic in the service. Overall, good hotel, good service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
KarenHomewood, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with our TripAdvisor community! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our service and accommodations. As part of Hilton’s Green Initiative program, we refresh towels every 3rd day of your stay in order to preserve water. However, we can provide fresh towels upon request. Typically there are hang tags in the room explaining this procedure, so I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. We appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention and I can assure you that the Executive Housekeeper has been made aware of this and it will be resolved. Thank you again for your time and I hope that you will allow us the chance to welcome you back into our home if your travels bring you back to the Atlanta area.
Jackson, Georgia
Reviewed August 20, 2012

we had a great stay at the homewood suites this past week, it was our 1st time there & we loved it!. the atmosphere & ammenities & staff were great!. we will be back in feb to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversay. the rooms were very spacious & had everything we needed. a special thanks to Elisha on staff who went above & beyond to make our stay special!. thanks for the good memories homewood suites, we will see you again soon! .....Sandra & Danny

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
KarenHomewood, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
We greatly appreciate you sharing such a terrific review with our TripAdvisor Community! It brings me great joy to see that you enjoyed one of our spacious suites, our hot full breakfast, our Suite Shop, the service provided to you during your stay, and that you found our staff to be warm and courteous. We strive to leave everyone with a positive and lasting impression, so I am pleased to hear that we were able to do that. Once again, thank you for your time and we look forward to having another opportunity to have you as our guest soon!

Morrow, Georgia
Reviewed August 11, 2012

It felt like 100 degrees on the interstate and my air had stopped working in my restored 1966 Mustang. I googled what was near and picked the Homewood Suites. I saw the sign about not responsible for vehicle and items, but I figured that's almost everywhere now and it's well insured.
I told the gentlemen at the front desk that I needed a room immediately or I may pass out. I got a special price and a really nice room on the third floor. I was so impressed with the look of the room that I took a photo and emailed it to a friend. It looked like a resort. The room had a well decorated den, kitchenette, and a separate bedroom with bathroom. The only thing missing was a hot tub. Everything looked new. The den had a new flatscreen tv, sofa, love seat, and table. The kitchenette had an almost fullsize refrigerator, cabinets with sink, dishwasher, microwave, and dishes with utensils. The bedroom had a flatscreen, nice furniture, and a nice kingsize bed. It was a nonsmoking room and smelled clean and new. The kitchenette was clean and had everything that I needed later when I brought back left overs from dinner.
The next morning I encountered the maids in the hall, they were very friendly and offered anything that I may need from their carts. In the lobby there was a separate area for quick breakfast, which was nice. And checkout was simple and fast. I will be stay there again with a friend or two.

Room Tip: Request a room in the part of the building near the bank.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
KarenHomewood, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with our TripAdvisor Community! We appreciate all of your great comments regarding our staff and spacious suites. I am thrilled that you considered your stay to be so wonderful. Our goal is for all of our guests to leave our property feeling extremely satisfied with each experience and to make their stay memorable. Thank you for mentioning the great accommodations we provide in our suites to ensure that our guests feel right at home. We appreciate you being a loyal customer and promise to strive to keep you happy each time you return. Once again, thank you for your fantastic review and we look forward to having another opportunity to welcome you into our home again soon!

Lindsey Martindale
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Cumberland Mall / NW
Courtyard Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria
Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria? Share your experiences!