“Fantastic Hotel!! We'll Be Back!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria
Ranked #89 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I recently stayed at the Homewood Suites while on business for a convention. I stayed here with three other friends, and we had a great time!

I loved the suites - they were very spacious. We had no problem fitting all four people, plus an elderly dog in a leg cast. ;) Plenty of sleeping space and two large closets for more than enough storage space. The beds/pillows were comfortable and the living room adequate space for bringing a couple of other friends back for socializing in the evening. The windows in the upper level rooms also could be opened to let in fresh air.

In the mornings the hotel offered a free hot breakfast. It's not just a waffle maker and some coffee in the lobby - although they did have both of those - they had a FULL breakfast. One morning was omelets, bacon, and grits; another morning was scrambled eggs, fried chicken breasts on biscuits and gravy; yet another morning was scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, french toast sticks, and oatmeal. In addition to these food items, there was a fair selection of yogurt, fruits, and bread products (English muffins, bagels, scones, toast). They even provided packets of Swiss Miss or tea and hot water if you're not a coffee person.

All of the staff members we encountered at this hotel were incredibly friendly and helpful. We didn't have a single problem the entire time we were there!

The individual complaining about "distance" from the hotel rooms to the breakfast area is making it seem a lot worse than it actually is - we stayed in the farthest corner from the lobby, and all we had to do was walk into the center of the cluster of buildings to a pretty little landscaped courtyard area, past the small pool, and into the lobby. There was not much walking at all. You want walking in order to get to your meal? Go to a Disney resort.

Overall great value for the rate. I paid no more than $140/night (a couple of the days were $110/night) and considering the fact that it's spread out over four people, AND includes free breakfast that will fill you up to get through your day, this hotel is more than worth it.

Room Tip: Upstairs room seemed great!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
KarenHomewood, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2011

Thank you for leaving such a fantastic TripAdvisor review! We pride ourselves on our service and accommodations, so I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay! Did you know that in addition to our complimentary Suite Start Breakfast every morning, we offer a full Welcome Home Reception dinner - including beer and wine - every Monday through Thursday?
I am happy to see we were the perfect choice for you and your friends (including the furry one!) and look forward to welcoming you back into our home next time you visit Atlanta.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Just finished a business trip at this location.

Pros:
Big rooms if you have a suite.
Complimentary access to LA Fitness across the street.
Reliable internet access (although only hard-wired)

Cons:
The smell in the hallways. Not sure what it is. Could be the cleaning agents they use, but it is awful.
This is not a typical business hotel, so the clientele is not what you would expect and I would leave it as that.
Breakfast and dinner is free, but the quality is not that great. But again, free.
My co-worker had a big roach run across his bed. I did not see any bugs in my room.
The only room available to me was a handicapped room. They could not switch me. It was ok, but the shower was not functional for me.

Room Tip: Don't stay in Building E. Bad smell
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
KarenHomewood, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay. We take your comments seriously and they have been shared with the entire management team. I can assure you the issues you experienced during your stay are not typical of our hotel and are being addressed to avoid recurrence in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like to discuss this further. I do apologize again for your less than satisfactory stay and hope you will allow us the chance to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed September 14, 2011

This location is one of the best Hilton properties I have stayed in. Traveling often over the last two years I have stayed in many hotels. The setting is like you are in an apartment complex with all the amenities of being home. The complex is quiet, nicely landscaped, and the rooms were very clean and roomy. I would definitely stay here again if my travels take me to the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for the great Trip Advisor review! It was our pleasure to welcome you into our home. We hope you will visit again soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

Wel i stayed here with some friensd for the weekend, we go in late it was very hard to ifnd, once we got there the grounds of the propedty looks kina old, so i was a bit concerned, as we checked in the guy at the front desk was good with the checkn it he was expressionless but it was ok, oru room however was a big hard to find, it ws very complicated and frustrating, this place reminds me of a old run down apartment complex its not hotel style and the lobby is so far from your room if your on the other side of the hotel, when i got to my room it smell like bug spray, but i will tell you the room was the most beautiful room and it was very clean, nice king bed fresh clean sheets n pillows, spotless kitchen and very nicely decor! i LOVED it, that made my stay, housekeeping staff there does a great job the lady who cleaned my room i wish i got her name was so nice her smile is what made my day every morning she knocked on my door, the guest service agents at check in where the nicest only person i really remembered is the black girl i do not remember her name foregive me, but ur customer service skills were excellent. one problem i had was with the general manger who phoned me about my credit card before my stay and she was just totally rude, i believe her name was Karen, i expect much better customer service and for a GM to be a lil more professional but her skills needs much to be desired! just aweful! but in all my stay was good thanks to the front desk staff and the housekeeping,

Room Tip: very nice spaciious rooms
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Nice suites, good beds, quiet, good breakfast, very good value

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2011

PROS: fair sized rooms. Nice quality furniture. Hot dinner (M-TH) and hot breakfasts. Coin-op laundry, outdoor pool and sauna, gym with Precor equipt with TV monitors (bring your own headphones for sanitary purposes), water dispenser in gym. Separate multiple units (ala timeshare condo style). Ping pong table, billiard table and single basketball court in premises. Complimentary DVD rental to use in room. Free shuttle to nearby mall. Bathroom is outside the bedroom. Can be accessed separately from the living room. Overhead ceiling fan in the bedroom.

CONS: small dining area. Hard to find location (by an industrial park near the mall) . wired internet connection. No elevators (for older people with heavy luggages pick the first floor rooms. Longer walk to the dining area from the separate buildings. Right be parking garages and other buildings. Counter-intuitive and extremely frustrating to use TV/DVD remote in living room.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Big_bro_1_usa
Reviewed July 12, 2011

We recently stayed at the Homewood Suites for a baseball tournament in July. We had stayed in another hotel in the area last year and we were miserable there. Deciding I was not going to spend another week in the heat of Atlanta with no AC and a closed pool. I did a lot of reading and selected this place. Reviews for hotels can be all over the place which just leaves you more confused then ever. From check in till the time we left things went very smoothly and we had 12 rooms for our team. Rooms are nicely furnished, comfortable beds and linens. They are suite style so great for families. The AC works very well, you will be quite comfortable when inside from the heat. Breakfast was very good and they provided a dinner as well. I didn't expect much with dinner figured it would probably not be too appealing but the meals I tried were pretty good. Fresh salads, rolls, entree and veggies. Best of all draft beer and wine....no charge. I kept seeing staff constantly cleaning which is always a good thing. I was also impressed that each morning the housekeeping staff gathered at the front desk and had some sort of team building chant. They all were upbeat and happy. Hilton is doing something right. All you see on the website is true.... No surprises. The families I was with for the week were quite pleased with the hotel. Any little issues were attends to right away. If your looking for a comfortable, clean, well cared for place this is it. A great value....if in the area again this is where we will stay!

Room Tip: There are some smoking rooms available here so if you want nonsmoking be sure to specify
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Radrn60
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Cumberland Mall / NW
Courtyard Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria
Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria? Share your experiences!