““Centrally located although hard to find””

Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria
Ranked #88 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed July 17, 2011

PROS: fair sized rooms. Nice quality furniture. Hot dinner (M-TH) and hot breakfasts. Coin-op laundry, outdoor pool and sauna, gym with Precor equipt with TV monitors (bring your own headphones for sanitary purposes), water dispenser in gym. Separate multiple units (ala timeshare condo style). Ping pong table, billiard table and single basketball court in premises. Complimentary DVD rental to use in room. Free shuttle to nearby mall. Bathroom is outside the bedroom. Can be accessed separately from the living room. Overhead ceiling fan in the bedroom.

CONS: small dining area. Hard to find location (by an industrial park near the mall) . wired internet connection. No elevators (for older people with heavy luggages pick the first floor rooms. Longer walk to the dining area from the separate buildings. Right be parking garages and other buildings. Counter-intuitive and extremely frustrating to use TV/DVD remote in living room.

5  Thank Big_bro_1_usa

Reviewed July 12, 2011

We recently stayed at the Homewood Suites for a baseball tournament in July. We had stayed in another hotel in the area last year and we were miserable there. Deciding I was not going to spend another week in the heat of Atlanta with no AC and a closed pool. I did a lot of reading and selected this place. Reviews for hotels can be all over the place which just leaves you more confused then ever. From check in till the time we left things went very smoothly and we had 12 rooms for our team. Rooms are nicely furnished, comfortable beds and linens. They are suite style so great for families. The AC works very well, you will be quite comfortable when inside from the heat. Breakfast was very good and they provided a dinner as well. I didn't expect much with dinner figured it would probably not be too appealing but the meals I tried were pretty good. Fresh salads, rolls, entree and veggies. Best of all draft beer and wine....no charge. I kept seeing staff constantly cleaning which is always a good thing. I was also impressed that each morning the housekeeping staff gathered at the front desk and had some sort of team building chant. They all were upbeat and happy. Hilton is doing something right. All you see on the website is true.... No surprises. The families I was with for the week were quite pleased with the hotel. Any little issues were attends to right away. If your looking for a comfortable, clean, well cared for place this is it. A great value....if in the area again this is where we will stay!

Room Tip: There are some smoking rooms available here so if you want nonsmoking be sure to specify
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Radrn60
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We stayed at Atlanta-Galeria/Cumberland Homewood suites overnight during our family trip. The hotel is conveniently located to I-75 and the Cumberland mall. The suite was roomy and beds comfortable for all of us. My daughter (10yo) really enjoyed the swimming pool. Reception staff was great and very responsive to our needs. On the flip side - suites kitchens and air conditioning needed renovation. In our unit there was only wire internet access (at least we didn't find any instructions how to connect to the hotel wireless internet) - which was a minor issue due to our short stay there. We could not use our air conditioning unit because of the noise it produced.

Reviewed June 19, 2011

My family of four just spent a week in Atlanta sightseeing. The Homewood Suites truly exceeded all of our expectations. From the maids to the managers, everyone went out of their way to be kind and helpful. The rooms were spacious and clean. The grounds were pretty and well maintained. The location was easy to get in and out of. The breakfasts and free (yes free) dinners (available Monday through Thursday) were outstanding. For a family outing in Atlanta, I will never look anywhere else other than this Homewood Suites.

Reviewed May 30, 2011

This location made it so that I could get to everything I needed to do within 15 minutes. Turner Field, Piedmont area, Buckhead etc. Plenty of space. It felt secluded, but was contained within a mall area, Rooms were clean. Beds were comfortable.

I was unable to use pool, workout area or food options due to time constraints. Staff was friendly and all my needs were met.

I have stayed at several Homewood Suites throughout the country and this one was very good and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

About 20-25 minutes from the airport.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
KarenHomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2011

We are glad you enjoyed your stay! Hopefully next time you will have time to enjoy the pool and the fitness room (as well as off-site gym)! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Karen Hurst
Homewood Suites Atlanta Cumberland
770-988-9449

Reviewed January 26, 2011

I have stayed at many different Homewood Suites and this one is the worst. First, the staff were great and very helpful. Second, this is the first Homewood that is distributed like a Residence Inn. Most have been like regular hotels. This layout means you are quite far from the reception house and this makes getting breakfast a real hassle. Third, the hotel is quite noisy. If I were to ever have to stay here I would request a second floor room. As I write this, the person above me is moving around. I don't know if the person is 800 pounds but is sure sounds that way. Hard to sleep when there is a lot of noise above you.

It is nice to have a living room to work. However, the high speed wireless did not work. Having to be tethered to the desk is a real hassle. As others have said, the doors are not right. My door does not seal. It locks correctly but does not shut. There is a such a breeze flowing through the gap that is chills the living room. There is nothing to do to stop this breeze. My colleague also had problem with the door. She could not always get in. It took 5 or 6 attempts before the door would open.

There are a lot of hotels in the area. I would choose one of them.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2010

Came here for a 5-day business trip and room is comfy, clean, and 1-mi walk from cobb Galleria Convention Center.

Facility offers small fitness center, breakfast, evening apps/drinks. Most accomodating and they even offer complimentary movies to play in your suite.

Restaurants, as well as fast food all in walking distance and the Cumberland Mall is walkiing distance away.

Very convenient and would highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business