“Worst Customer Service”

Ranked #124 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Portland, Oregon
“Worst Customer Service”
Reviewed March 31, 2006

This was quite possibly the worst customer service I've encountered. There was apparently a mix up with my reservation that the manager seemed completely unwilling to resolve. Although I had told the person on the phone that I needed two separate beds, I arrived to find that my reservation had been made for only one bed. I explained the situation, and the folks behind the desk would neither refund my money for the discounted rate at which I booked the hotel nor give me a room with the two beds as I had requested. I was absolutely confused and amazed at a corporate hotel functioning like this. I'm very conscientious about not writing extremely bad reviews without considering whether part of my bad experience was my own fault. I was polite, professional, and courteous in attempting to resolve the issue, but it fell on deaf ears. My only recourse was to dispute it with my credit card company. I'm still shocked at how unprofessional the staff were.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
merrrimack, nh
Reviewed March 26, 2006

Ok so I was on business so I did not pay for the room but it was quite bad. Well the hallways did not have carpet, being replaced. . .? why not put us on a floor with carpet? WE found nails and razor blades just in the hallway. The hotel front desk did not seem to be bothered in any way by this as their response was they are having the carpets replaced. Ok so the room. Well the bathroom was not cleaned as I found torn toliet paper on the floor near the toliet and hair in the bathroom. Towels were very rough. and not a tolietry item in site. The room I had was a kitchenette with fridge, stove top, microwave and sink. Well I after seeing what I had in the batroom I wanted to clean the dishes before I used them as I did not trust them to be clean. Upon trying to fill the sink with a bit of water I found egg shells in the drain. Now the bed hardest bed I have ever slept in and the blank had little black hairs in it as well. I asked for the bed to be changed and the response I got was there were no maids on so that I could bring the items down and they would give me new ones and I could make the bed myself. OK I will. This hotel staff needs help and the hotel well it is getting the help it needs but some kind of notice would be good.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

United kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2005

I stayed here for a 7 day business trip and found it ideal if your on a limited budget. I paid around 56 dollars a night which was great compared to some of the other hotel prices that were offered in the same area.
The room was clean, large and comfortable with a nice size bed and a large fridge, cooker and utensils. A self service laundry was on site.
Basically it's like a studio apartment and I felt relaxed and at home.
The staff were formal but polite.
There were no meeting rooms, restaurants or bar in the hotel, but I found a local shopping area just down the road with supermarket, bank, eating places etc
The Dunwoody marta station was a 6 dollar taxi drive from the hotel, which was handy for a trip downtown.
All in all, not bad for the money and the location and you could do a lot worse. I would definetely recommend it.

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
2 Thank TheLondoner929
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 4, 2005

I was a little skeptical to make this reservation because I found it on Hotwire for $24 per night. It was listed as a 2 star and I prefer to stay in 3 or 4 star properties. But seeing that it was in the plush Perimeter area of Atlanta (right off Peachtree-Dunwoody road and a few blocks from Perimeter Mall), I felt someone ok with making the reservation. This was my first time booking on Hotwire, so I did not know the name of the hotel until I had confirmed and paid for it. When I got the name, I surfed the net looking for reviews and could only find the one here from 2003. This made me even more nervous.

Since this was a last minute trip and I was only staying 2 nights, I decided to give it a try. I drove up to Atlanta from Miami overnight with a friend and arrived in the city at 6 am, exhausted. My friend went to her fiance's house, so I was pretty much stuck. I was going to drive to the hotel and sleep in the car until check in time, but something told me to see if they would allow me to check in earlier than the 3 pm check in time. To my surprise the very nice front desk agent allowed me to check in at 7 am!

The room was very spacious and spotless! I was amazed. I had a queen size bed, lounge chair and ottoman, desk and chair, full size fridge, 2 burner stove top, microwave, coffee maker and toaster, plus kitchen utensils (pots, pans, dishes and towels). All of this for $24 a night!

I am planning on going back for Labor Day for a week and will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 14, 2003

I spent a week here and had no probolems. I had a handicapped room as in a wheelchair. The staff was nice. Room clean and quite, convenient area behind Perimeter Mall. Drawback was the Sprint phone system.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta/Perimeter Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Perimeter Medical
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Clairmont
Hyatt Place Perimeter Center
Hyatt Place Perimeter Center
#4 of 10 in Sandy Springs
Staybridge Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center East
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Atlanta Perimeter Center

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Crestline? Share your experiences!