“HAVOLYN!!!”

Ranked #78 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Queens Village, New York
“HAVOLYN!!!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I would like to thank Miss Havolyn for an excellent experience at the executive lounge at the Crown Plaza ! Definitely have to visit her if you stay here.. Friendly staff overall. Great location if your here for business or training close to the delta training center

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AlbertO72657

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
England
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We always stay here when we arrive in the US prior to going on to our destination. We were upgraded to the executive floor and had a large two bed room which is showing its age a little but is still very comfortable. We had access to the Club room and were greeted most warmly with an excellent array of cheeses, fruits, crackers etc. + some hot foods and were able to relax with a couple of beers and enjoy the good company of the lady in charge of the club room. After a very long and tedious transatlantic flight it was most relaxing and welcoming. Later we had an excellent fillet steak in the restaurant and retired early to sleep blissfully. Breakfast next morning was a fairly good buffet with hot and cold dishes but I had to wait some time to get my eggs cooked and we had an issue with the coffee being cold and rather weak but this was quickly resolved so we had a good breakfast. The shuttle to the airport was on time and efficient to the domestic terminal. On arrival at the international terminal on our way to the hotel we were advised to take the regular shuttle bus (rather than the hotel connecting shuttle bus) to the domestic terminal as the most efficient way to get to our hotel shuttle and it proved to be the case. We will most likely be back again on our next trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pickyfromYorkshire
Roswell, GA
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We paid to park at the hotel while traveling out of the country. The "helpful" valet told us to park in a certain spot so "he could keep an eye on our car while we were gone." Amazing, how he didn't keep an eye on it, as it was stolen. The hotel claims that the parking lot is not there problem as it is leased out to a parking company. So, if you will have a vehicle, I suggest not staying here as it is unsafe.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank 158alisam
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear diner201,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. Guest comfort and safety are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide a secure environment. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Antioch, California
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza hotel for 4 nights. We were in town from California and did not know what to expect. A local resident ( friend of mines) recommended that we stay there while in town. We were first greeted by Malcolm at the front desk who said Havolyn told him to expect our arrival. WOW! I was impressed from the start...As we were checking in Havolyn walked up to us smiling and introduced herself. Her warm welcome was refreshing and just what we needed after traveling for hours. I instantly felt welcomed and knew I was going to be in good hands. Throughout our entire stay Halvolyn addressed us by names, asked if we needed anything, talked and laughed with us, and introduced me to other guests and staff members. This ultimately made me feel more like a family member visiting than a guest at a hotel. As I checked out, I told her that I felt like I have known her for a very long time and hugged her good-bye. I now understand why many of her guests return to this particular hotel when there are several other choices near by to chose from. Its definitely not because of the hotel rooms. Unfortunately, the cleanliness of our hotel room (BATHROOM) was not up to my expectation. Aside from that, I really enjoyed my entire visit to Atlanta and the hospitality I received from Havolyn was the icing on the cake!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank TamikoSunshine
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Let me preface my review by stating that I have worked the Front Desk at a 5-start NYC hotel for several years previously and I know what proper service and facilities look like. That being said, the Crown Plaza ATL Airport is not all it wishes it could be.... The lobby area is very pretty and makes you believe you have stepped into a lovely place. Don't fall for it.

My advance request for a high floor due to a fear of low floor rooms was outright ignored by all involved, including several layers of upper management, and I was offered a key to a 3rd floor accomodation. When I refused, the Front Desk clerk upsoild me to the Club Floor for $30 more. I accepted this, because I envisioned this being a nicer room. It wasn't. (Or maybe I should be really afraid of what that other room would've been like!)

The rooms need a serious overhaul. Not the lap of luxury, even on the Club Floor. Carpets need a good shampoo. The pool area was seriously lacking, though it seemed clean enough.

Mistakes were made on my Room Service bill and the woman at the Front Desk seemed to have no power, no desire, or no clue (maybe all of the above) how to correct the problem before I checked out. Oh, it got corrected -- 24 hrs later when I got home and they emailed me the folio. (They wouldn't even give me a copy other than what was slipped under my door overnight!) I'm sorry -- but you do not let a guest check out unhappy and still questioning a charge that you freely admit is wrong.

The lounge on the Club Floor had a HEAVY SMELL OF MOLD & MILDEW that hit you in the face the minute you walked into the room. Whoa!

I will give credit where credit it due, however, and tell you that the ONE & ONLY BRIGHT SPOT AT THIS HOTEL IS MS HAVOLYN -- she is the hostess in the Club Floor lounge in the evenings. The hor d'oeuvres were excellent and good array of cheeses and fruit too. Havolyn never let your glass or plate go empty. She could easily float from table to table, mingling and making conversation. She is quite the charmer! If I was grading this hotel on Havolyn alone, I'd give it 5-stars.

But, unfortunately, Havolyn time is just 2 hours a night and only 4 days per week.... The rest of this hotel is not something I would ever recommend, unless you have no other options (read that to mean no other rooms in Atlanta and you're stranded).

Sorry guys, but you really blew this one !!!!!

Room Tip: Pay extra for the Executive Club Level on the 11th Floor -- it's worth the $30 to spend a few ho...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MistressMina
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear MistressMina,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. I am pleased to hear about the great service you received from one member of our hotel staff. However, we are deeply sorry our hotel did not fully live up to your expectations. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had regarding the condition of the room accommodations and the unacceptable level of service you received. We have taken note of your comments and have shared these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Once again, thank you for alerting us and bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Summerville, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed here last weekend. Great location, easy access in and off interstates, spacious rooms, friendly staff, the only issue I had was the room itself had a bit if a mildew smell like the carpet was maybe wet and did not dry properly

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I would like to commend Havolyn, the lovely and gracious hostess of the Executive Lounge. It was always a pleasure to hang out with her after a long day. She is clearly an asset to the wonderful Crown Plaza Atlanta.

• Stayed May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport
Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North

Been to Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!