Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport
$184
$127
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
All reviewsatlanta airportthe executive loungeshuttle servicean early flightdomestic terminalfree shuttlefront desk stafflobby areasouthern hospitalityenjoyed my staytitielevatordeltameetingconferenceinterstatevalet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I have stayed on the executive floor of many hotels and have gone to the executive club lounges for snacks or drinks. Most of the personnel are friendly; some are just there. I recently went to the lounge of the Crowne Plaza in Atlanta and was blown away by the friendly service of Havolyn, the lady in charge of the lounge. She told me she regarded the lounge as her home and the people who came there as her personal guests and she wanted to make them feel welcome. I thought at first it was just me that she made feel so special. Then I noticed how she did this to everyone and how people responded to her. The whole atmosphere was very friendly and pleasant. Good job, Havolyn!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 8, 2013

After a long day, I decided to have dinner at the Crowne Plaza restaurant. The atmosphere was delightful, but the service and quality of food was even better! Chef Delroy is a master culinary artist at the live pasta station. He smiled the entire time, and made me feel right at home. I am still thinking about how delicious it was! My server, Almaz treated me like a queen. She is the best! Last, but not least... George, the host was very pleasant. He made sure I had a cozy corner table as I was dining alone. Three cheers to everyone for a job well done! I will definitely be back. :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 7, 2013

This hotel definitely has a few things going for it. It's conveniently located right off of I-85 and is very close to the airport. There's a shuttle that runs every 30 minutes to the airport. There are a couple of gas stations nearby and some restaurants (nothing great). The staff is friendly and accommodating. The fitness center is pretty decent. The lobby is nice and the restaurant is reasonably priced. However as with many airport hotels, it's obvious that this one is transient. While the room decor seems somewhat updated, the bathroom clearly was not. The sink appeared new but the toilet, tub and floor were disgusting. The floor looked to be stained but I guess there were just chips missing from the ceramic tile. The tub was dirty, rusty and the bath mat (GROSS) was lifting, so God only knows what was trapped underneath it. I also have an issue with other people's hair - which we found not only in the bathroom but on nearly every towel that was put in our room. GAG. Every time we requested new towels, it took a lengthy amount of time to receive them. On two occasions, we had to call and ask twice. Overall, the hotel served its purpose for our time in Atlanta and thankfully we did not spend much time in the room. I was very grateful for the friendly staff but I would not stay here again nor would I recommend for others to stay here.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Andre M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent experience at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport. I apologize that you encountered so many problems that made your stay less than enjoyable. The issue of cleaniness and poor service is of great concern to us. We are using your candid feedback as a training tool with all of our staff and will continue to strive for a greater level of consistency. Thank your for choosing Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport and we hope the next time you are in Atlanta you will give us another chance to really showcase our newly renovated product.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed here for a business meeting this week and was upgraded to the concierge level. Havolyn, who worked in the concierge lounge was fantastic! She was so very genuine, remembered our names, and could not have made us feel more comfortable. What a great employee! Thank you!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on your most recent stay with us at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport. We really appreciate you pointing out our excellent customer service and helpful staff. Thank you again and we look forward to see you in the near future

Reviewed January 30, 2013

While I generally like Crowne's, many have gone away. Fortunately, this is not one of them. Located right outside of the ATL Airport (litterally), this is a great stop off point or a great place to stay if in Atlanta for a few days.

This really is a business hotel vs. a vacation spot and features the Club floor with a happy hour and breakfast. Prices are more than reasonable - same you'd pay for most Holiday Inns.

Services are great - food is very good and the bar is really nice - very cozy to settle in after a long day. Nice patio as well (for us smokers too).

Best part - they remember you (by name in most cases!) - I stayed at one for over 6 months and the desk staff never even remembered my name.

Room Tip: Get on club floor if you can!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business