Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy
Ranked #128 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed September 1, 2012

They have absolute morons manning the front desk. I travel 48 hours to get here, and this fool tells me he's given my reserved room to someone else. No apologies, very condescending. His excuse.."I didn't do it. The guy in the previous shift did it." After about an hour of fighting and summoning the manager I get my room. Then I find their credit card swiping machine deosnt work too well. So they swipe swipe swipe and overcharge 2 of my cards by $770. No worries corporate has been informed and the charge will be reversed in 3 working days. No reversal. I get the same moron again unfortunately who says there is no charge, even though I am showing him the bank statements. So I wait for the managers shift. He says he will reverse it. 3 says later still nothing. I am about to leave the country now, and will have to fight this over the phone (long distance) at my own cost for the next few days. Sucks!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review for our hotel. The staff is coached on how to provide friendly service, clean guest rooms and the property as well as how to make a guest feel comfortable, like they are in a "home away from home". I am very sorry if we were unable to meet these expectations with you.

Please know that the Front Desk staff is apologetic for the service you received. Upon making the original reservation, two rooms were reserved under the same credit card. With that in mind, the one card was charged for both, which unfortunately is where the issue arose. I have followed up with Corporate and the hotel, and can assure you that the situation has been rectified and the charges have been expunged from your credit card.

After reading your review, I have taken time to speak with the hotel staff. With each department I have reviewed our company procedures, and spent additional time with the Front Desk staff coaching them on professionalism standards.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

The location is wonderful----close to the highway, but tucked away in a very private setting----many restaurants very close, from every fast food joint to Houston's and Papadeaux's-----breakfast was basically muffins, coffee and some fruit, nothing special----it really is a 2 or 2 1/2 star property-----interior corridors,also-----felt totally safe and comfortable---very well maintained-----what set this property apart from others was the staff---sensational-----we stayed here 6 nights---my girlfriend was recuperating from a surgery---stayed in a handicapped room-----only a full size bed, not a queen----a little inconvenient-----but one day, we had to go to the doctor and it was raining----Abraham, a fantastic desk clerk, first went out in the rain and got an umbrella out of his car-----but then, he took control and assisted my girl friend out of her wheelchair into the car as he felt he was stronger than me---and then put the wheelchair in the trunk---in pouring down rain!!! This is the kind of service you SOMETIMES get in a 5 star property---the other clerks, especially Betty, were also very friendly and professional---

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank harvey L
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill - Int. N. Pkwy. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

good value for price nice location.try to please every phase.

Room Tip: 2 room set up suite
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Although the Extended Stay has easy access to I-75 and Windy Hill road it is tucked away in a park like setting so there is no problem with traffic noise. The rooms are clean and well maintained. There are several restaurants close by. I reserved the rooms through the Extended Stay website and had no problems. Behind the hotel there is a small park with a pond and walking trail, this is very nice. The free wifi was adequate.

Room Tip: I had the king bed suite and found it to be comfortable and very well laid out. This is a good choi...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill - Int. N. Pkwy.. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

Good hotel with possibilities to make your own meals. The staff is very helpful and room are clean. Location is good and make sure to make reservation in advance. There is some smell of cooking, however not bothering during my stay.

Room Tip: choose none smoking room and book in advance
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I felt more then welcome @ extended stay hotel it was like a family,I wish that I had more time to spend,so my tip for you would be to stay for at least a week or 2,so that you can,go back home and deal with everyday life.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank silkysweetmomma47
Reviewed August 6, 2010

I recently visited Atlanta. To my huge chagrin, my reservation at the Extended Stay Deluxe, Interstate Parkway/Windy Hill, in Marietta was not honored on my arrival. This contrary to the “Guranteed Reservation Policy” stated on my reservation (made six weeks in advance) as follows:
"Guaranteed Reservation Policy:Your reservation is guaranteed for arrival up to and after 6pm local hotel time on date of arrival."
I was told at the desk, around midnight, after a four-hour flight from LA and a 20 minute drive from Hartsfield Airport that I was being “walked” to the nearest Extended Stay Deluxe hotel on Powers Ferry Road. I’ve stayed at Powers Ferry before and its facilities are half what they are at Windy Hill. I was quite irate and expressed that to the Windy Hill manager the next day. She told me that I needed to “be reasonable” that two large family reunion groups checked in before me and “what would [she have me do?] This is a business, sir.” I demanded to and spoke with Tara, the area manager, who made great efforts to find me a comparable suite, apologized profusely, and gave me a complimentary night for the first night of my reservation. However, I did not appreciate the reserve against my credit card that was made for the entire 4-day stay at the less-desirable Powers Ferry Extended Stay. Although both hotels have “Deluxe” at the end, the two are very different facilities. I reserved a one bedroom suite, king bed with full kitchen. There are none at Powers Ferry – I was given a single room mini suite, queen bed, on the very busy street side of the hotel. All hotels are not created equal!! The mini-suite was about half the square footage of the one bedroom at Windy Hill for the same price!
As Area Manager Tara was working on a comparable room in the area, the very helpful desk person at Powers Ferry, Harvietta, called around-the-corner to the Hawthorn Suites, Parkwood Circle. For a few dollars more, a one-bedroom suite was available. I thanked Tara for her efforts and moved into the Hawthorn Suites where I had an excellent stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank Ralph S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Quality Inn & Suites
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Clairmont
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Cumberland Mall
20 mi away
Comfort Suites Atlanta Airport

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy

Address: 2225 Interstate North Pkwy SE, Windy Hill, Atlanta, GA 30339-2175 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill - Int. N. Pkwy.)
Location: United States > Georgia > Atlanta
Ranked #128 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Price Range: $69 - $120 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy 2.5*
Formerly Wellesley Inn ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Atlanta Extended Stay