“Awesome value!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Milton, Florida
“Awesome value!”
Reviewed August 11, 2010

We stayed for 3 nights for approx $330 w/taxes. The free limo, free weekday USA today, free and varied buffet breakfast (with made to order omelets), free hor dourves in the evening, free parking, newly remodeled rooms, free computer use, cookies on arrival, and friendly staff make this the best bang for your buck! We enjoyed the pools as well and the location was fairly convenient to all our destinations. I have to say that the staff working the breakfast area are some of the hardest working people I've ever met. We won't hesitate to book again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Wingate-Buckhead-Mgr, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead, responded to this review, August 14, 2010
Thank you for your compliments to our breakfast staff ...... yes they are very hard working. We are blessed to have such a awesome staff. They all work tirelessly and give their best.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Arabic first
Orangeburg, South Carolina
Reviewed August 11, 2010

This hotel is an excellent place to stay for vacation. The staff is very friendly and helpful! The breakfast is awesome!!! I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you for your "Happy" words. We try to emulate your "handle" to always be happy in what we do.
Varnville, South Carolina
Reviewed August 10, 2010

My friend and I stayed at the Wingate for three nights and the whole experience was amazing from beginning to end. When we checked in, we were greeted by Marquis who absolutely delighted us with his infectious enthusiasm and energy. He was most helpful during our stay....he suggested many wonderful choices for dining and shopping; looked up numbers for us in the phone book; gave us a map of the MARTA system and highlighted our route; even gave me a band-aid for a minor injury; and he always smiled and spoke to us every time we exited and entered the hotel!!! Marquis went way above and beyond the call of duty to ensure our stay was a happy one. The limo service was wonderful for our destinations within three miles of the hotel....kudos to Ben and Craig for treating us like queens! The full breakfast each morning was totally awesome...grits, eggs, bacon, sausage, and waffles and omelets cooked to perfection! And to top it all off, the rates were reasonable and our room was fabulous....clean, very comfortable beds, massaging shower head, no carpet, and quiet! What more could anyone want? The Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta - Buckhead will definitely be my hotel of choice anytime I am in the Atlanta area and I will definitely recommend it to all my friends!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
our goal is to always exceed everyone 's expectation. We thank you for you kind words for Marquis, Ben and Craig. We are blessed to have such awesome people working for us. We all have one goal, and that is to give all our guest a "awesome" experience.
Sanford, North Carolina
Reviewed August 10, 2010

I recently stayed at this hotel while traveling to Atlanta for several days.

The hotel staff is pleasant, the rooms are spacious, cleanly decorated, and for the Buckhead area of Atlanta a reasonable price.

Those are the positives.

When we checked into the hotel we were in room 405. The floor was buckled and bounced up and down like a bounce house at a fun park. This was something I could live with but the air-conditioning would get hotter and hotter the longer it was on. That afternoon we were heading out to a braves game and told the front desk about the problem. The game lasted until well after 12am (2 ½ hour rain delay and extra innings) exhausted and tired with the Air still broken.

The next day went down told them about the air again so they moved us to another room this time 522. Beds in both rooms were the same just adequate nothing more. This is when I found out something else interesting about this hotel. Odd numbered rooms are on the back side of the hotel even numbers are on the front and face the road.

Road noise is horrendous in these rooms on the front. To top it off the doors have almost a 2 inch gap under them and you can plainly hear the conversations of people walking up and down the halls any time of day or night.

So to recap.

The good points are price, staff, clean rooms, good hot breakfast, free transport within 3 miles of hotel, free parking, real glass glasses in the rooms.

The bad points noisy rooms, small pool, small dirty luke warm hot tub, only mediocre beds.

If you decide to stay here pick a room that is an odd number, away from the elevators because you can hear everything going on in the halls.

This is not a bad hotel but I do not think I will be returning.

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank gpphelps
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 10, 2010

The hotel is lovely, free stretch limo service within 3 mile radius, wonderful complimentary breakfast, but the most important thing that I was so impressed by was the service, the people who work at this hotel make you feel so welcomed. I stayed there for one month on a business trip and they greet you like you are coming home every day. the front desk staff was so helpful, always pleasant and the limo drivers, Ben and Farris always had a smile on their face. I have never been to a hotel, where the people the staff are just so nice. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
prescott ontario
Reviewed August 2, 2010

This was the first time to Atlanta, hense this hotel. What friendly,positive people! The hotel with the limo/shuttle service was so wonderful. All the staff was helpful, rooms clean(love the absense of carpet)alot of space for 2, very comfy beds. The pool area quiet and the complimentary snacks late afternoon in the lobby/bar area was a great feature .As well the complimentary full breakfast in the lobby/bar was wonderful. My only compaint was the noisy air conditioner in our room,(as it turned off and on was a loud clicking sound) interrupting both our sleeps. We were here 5 nights and it didn't get better.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words. We are in the process of changing out all our AC's, TV's and mattress.

I hope you will return to stay with us.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 26, 2010

The front desk staff are so full of joy that is was contagious! We were able to check into one of our rooms early and the décor was very nice. The rooms were clean and smelled fresh! I travelled with five children, my hubby and my mother in law. This isn’t a large family type of hotel (unless your children are older and can stay in rooms by themselves) but I wanted to try something different and it worked fine. I thoroughly enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast bar. I hadn’t had an omelet in a while and the chef made it just fine along with some tasty mini waffles! My children really enjoyed the limo shuttle service to and from dinner. I am glad we took the opportunity to visit this Wingate. Kei (www.embracethenow.net)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Wingate-Buckhead-Mgr, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead, responded to this review, July 28, 2010
What a wonderful way to start the day, seeing a wonderful comment like yours! Thank you so much for the kind words! We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please come back soon!