“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2009

Stayed here for 2 nights recently. Found hotel to be great. Requested a change of rooms due to noise from neighbours and was granted immediately without fuss. Rooms where very spacious and clean with all the facilities you could want. Breakfast in the hotel was excellent and above par for complimentary breakfasts. Found all the staff to be very polite and helpful. Location is great - nice safe area within a mile of 2 huge malls and a short drive from the centre of Atlanta. Would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ttboy828, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead, responded to this review, October 18, 2009
Thank you for your wonderful comment despite the noise issue you encountered. We are glad that we were able to accommodate you into another room so that you could enjoy your stay with us. We look forward to your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Arabic first
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2009

Wyndham has some great staff that ensures exceptional service. The moment I walked in I could feel the warmth of their reception. Check in was swift along with a free upgrade to a suite. The person at the counter had all the details for check in and self ready by the time I approached the counter. He was also very helpful with providing directions and arranging for a car for my commute. This means a lot to a person who is new the city.

Rooms are spacious, comfortable and well appointed. Rooms had everything that one could expect from a business hotel. Bathroom was huge and I could say just perfect.

Breakfast has a nice spread and quality of food available was excellent. Would offer a prefect start for the day. The dining area could get a little crowded sometimes.

My only issue with my room was the sound proofing of the room. In the middle of the night I could hear water being flushed and lot of noise. I almost woke up from my sleep thinking there some kind of a flood to realize the noise was coming from the adjacent room.

I would recommend this place for anyone visiting Buckhead and for their lovely service.

• Liked — Lovely room, large sized bed, comfortable stay, exceptional service
  • Disliked — Noise proofing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
We appreciate your willingness to return for a stay with us. The staff is doing everything we can to make sure that the issue you described does not repeat itself. Thank you so very much for bringing it to our attention!
Oahu
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2009

Checked-In on Tuesday, October 6th, 2009 - Checked out Wednesday October 14th, 2009.

What worked as personnel?
Monique, Anthony, Ferris, Benjamin, Charmine, and Marquis. That's it!

Monique: 'Grade A'... she comprehensively understands how to facilitate and achieve the BEST results for the guest, consistently. Monique gets it 100% She will be tremendously success as she understands the delicate balance of professionalism and delivery of services within the context of quality.

Anthony: Hard-working and aims to provide his clients the BEST service he can. A can do it all executor; competent in multi-tasking.

Ferris: Does his job and does it well!

Benjamin: 1st Class! Absolute core-essence in delivery of services.

Charmaine: Delightful! Polite and enthusiastic, makes good Concierge recommendations.

Marquis: Talented... he knows what works. He simply has to remember to remain focused on the tasks at hand and deliver and demonstrate as he knows he can. consistently... unwavering.

What didn't work as personnel?
Herschel, Etienne, Chris - these THREE spoiled the entire eight night (8) stay for all the others... bring the overall rating to a 'Grade D', just passing! .

These three are pretty much in the same boat... Herschel = ABRASIVE and RUDE... Etienne... not well-educated, and does NOT understand that he is NOT in Johannesburg, South Africa.. He's in the United States. He MUST become learned and understand that ANYONE who is NOT happy with their services regardless of ethnicity is entitled to complain about what does NOT work! Chris... simply in over his head. Does not have adequate training to execute in his position. Becomes frustrated and then it all goes to hell in a handbasket!!! NOT good!

The Internet did NOT work well at all. NOT even for one day. There were hours on end when the Internet did not work. When Monique efficiently connected me to their (pseudo) engineer Etienne, he complained to his management because I complained about the Internet not working for four (4) days... go figure? Yes, that's what Etienne did when I complained about the UNCEASING interruptions or ZERO Internet services. How out in left field is that? This hotel has the WORSE Internet services I have ever had and I have stayed in at least nineteen (19) hotel just this year for business. If Internet services are important for you... do NOT stay at this hotel. Do NOT! The Internet was for me a living NIGHTMARE!!! HORRIBLE! A HORROR SHOW!!! AWFUL!!!
The owners, they left me with the impression that my stay was not important. When I had issues one afternoon with the shuttle and Chris was becoming flustered, they told him to tell me, “we are too busy with other things.” Great! Wow, is this how you wish to spend your hard earn money? With a hotel that doesn’t give a dam about the guest???

If any company is NOT prepared to do what is necessary for a guest spending close to U$1,000.00 for seven/eight nights, and they offer services which do NOT work… then that’s UNACCEPTABLE! You can spend your money elsewhere.

I am prepared to go on YouTube, Facebook, Myspace, Expedia, and Blog about how this hotel handled my stay. When enough people check in at other hotel brands - properties, they will understand the modicum of what is required when a hotel posts services that must work. They MUST function... and when they do NOT have a smiling and courteous face... working with the client to realize alternatives rather than complaining about a paying guest requesting what they advertise in their brochures and on the Internet.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank DreamyOahu
ttboy828, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead, responded to this review, October 28, 2009
Don't count us small!

Each member of our team that you talked about, even the ones you spoke negatively of, helped you the best they could. Etienne, our Maintenance Engineer, tried tirelessly to assist you with a device that was not compatible with our internet service. There was a request made by you to disengage our firewall so that your telephone device could work. When you were told that it was not logical for the hotel to do such a thing, tempers flared.

Our transportation service is complimentary to any location within a three-mile radius of the hotel. This service is also on a first-come first-serve basis. There may be times when our hotel is extremely busy with transportation requests - resulting in what some may consider long delays. Apparently, you experienced one of those days when our driver was bombarded with requests. Chris, our Front Desk agent at the time of your request, kept you informed about the status of the driver. Everyone on duty that day had their hands full and were unable to drive you to your desired destination. The driver was just minutes away. However, we could do nothing to combat the impatience. Yes, our shuttle service is part of the hotel rate we so graciously matched for you to stay with us. And, again, it is provided on a first-come first-serve basis. To say that we should have had more than one driver on duty at the time you needed the service is unfair. At least we do have a shuttle service. And, on the night you checked in, you encountered Hershel, the Night Auditor. You placed demands on him that would have taken him away from his post at the Front Desk. When he advised you that he would tend to your request as soon as he could, you found this response to be unacceptable.

We thank you for giving praise to those you stated left a positive impression on you. Everyone at Wingate by Wyndham Buckhead works as a team. It is very difficult to accept this praise when we all know that there really was no reason for all the negativity towards the others.

Above all, when your own internet device did not work, you had the option to use our Business Center. When transportation was not immediately available, we gave you the option for a taxi service.

There were other options.

Wingate by Wyndham Buckhead appreciates each and every one of our guests. We ask that guests who come to stay with us understand that everything may not be perfect. But, we will do our best to make your stay as enjoyable and as memorable as we can.
canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2009

My daughter and I traveled down to Atlanta to tour Emory University over the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. After checking on trip advisor, I chose to book at The Wingate by Wyndham- Buckhead and I have to say I am so glad that I did. Before our stay, I couldn't quite fathom how a hotel could have so many 5 star ratings from previous guests but after staying here, it is clear to me that this hotel, its management and staff are truly special.
From the minute you enter and are greeted by Marquis at the front desk you feel that you are among friends. He makes you feel so special, that you are the most important person in the room. He doesn't just do this as you check-in but during your entire stay. Everytime we came down to the lobby he asked how we were and wanted to know if there was anything we needed. Besides his genuine friendliness, he remembered the first names of every guest that came his way.How refreshing it is to be made to feel so important! But the fabulous customer service doesn't stop there. From Marquis, to the cook and the staff working the breakfast buffet, to housekeeping, to the bartender (marvelous martini and olives), Craig, Teresa and finally to the manager Anthony, I cannot thank you enough for your kindness, care and hospitality. I have stayed at 5 star resorts that didn't come close to the service that we received at the Wingate.
I am hoping that my daughter goes to Emory so that I can come back to the Wingate on a regular basis, but even if she doesn't, we will most certainly return to enjoy the Buckhead area and above all The Wingate.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
You know that when your daughter attends Emory University, she will be receiving the best education that you can give her. Thank you for looking at us the same way.
atlanta, ga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2009

I am a Wedding Planner in Atlanta, GA. I send all of my wedding blocks to the Wingate and they are always extremely pleased with the accomodations and level of service. Anthony and staff and the most eager to please hotel staff in Atlanta. You can't go wrong! The value and accomodations are top notch!!

• Stayed June 2009
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate you hitching those getting hitched to us. If we could do more, please let us know. We thank you!
Augusta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2009

I have been staying at Wingate Buckhead for the past eight or nine years and everytime I walk into the lobby, the (new) staff greet me like they know before checking me in...how special is that!!!

I am immediatley made to feel right at home; and you can't beat the breakfast buffet - the best offered anywhere!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Home is where the heart is. And you are in our hearts.
Johnson City, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2009

My wife and I and some friends had the opportunity to stay at the Wingate by Wyndham Buckhead for 2 nights on 10/2 and 10/3 and had an exceptional stay. From the very start when I located the hotel based on reviews on Trip Advisor, I began an email dialogue with Anthony who is the poster boy for great customer service. He was able to answer all of my questions and provided me with a great rate for our stay. He was also able to provide tips on transportation to Turner Field, as well as organized our free (yep, free) transportation to Chastain for the Black Crowes Concert Saturday Night. Our limo driver, Craig, was fantastic and entertaining getting us there and back without me having to deal with driving, directions, parking, etc. It definetely made the concert that much more enjoyable. The room was bright, clean, and the bed was very comfortable. The entire property was clean and well kept, and every associate we ran into was great (we even got greeted by Marquise by name each time we passed the front desk). Breakfast was an extra bonus and was all fantastic, especially the waffles. The location is convenient and easy to get to anywhere you're needing to go. I'll certainly stay at this property on my return trips to Atlanta and will not be considering any of the Marriot properities that I've stayed with for years. Thanks to Anthony and all of his wonderful staff!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ttboy828, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead, responded to this review, October 14, 2009
We all do what we love to do! Thank you so very much for acknowledging our team. I'm glad that we could all be of service to you both.