“Outstanding experience!!!”

Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead
Ranked #9 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 28, 2009

I can't say enough great things about my stay at the Wyngate! The manager, Anthony was so good to us. His whole staff bent over backwards to make sure our experience was perfect! Everything at the hotel was clean and beautifully decorated. Our room was very comfortable and the service was outstanding. We're telling everyone about this hotel!!!

There are newer reviews for Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead

Reviewed April 27, 2009

I had a totally enjoyable stay at the Wingate. I took my family to Atlanta and the we had a truly enjoyable stay. The team, accomodation and transport was superb. I will give this hotel a 10 out of 10 in terms of service. I will stay here over and over and I have already started recommending the hotel to friends and family. Anthony, Monique and the rest of the team were remarkable. They were absolutely fabulous

Reviewed April 22, 2009

This hotel has definitely lived up to it's number 1 spot. I have often turned to Trip Advisor and a host of other sites for hotel recommendations and reviews, however, I have never written one myself. This is the first time and it's because the staff at this hotel deserve recognition for the outstanding customer service that they provide. Anthony, Marquis, Chris and two others (so sorry I can't remember their names) were ALWAYS pleasant and helpful with whatever our needs were. We were a group of 12, all women, all family joining together for a 3 day weekend. The hotel was immaculate, the free breakfast was really good (made to order omelets? wow), the free 3 mile radius shuttle (Escalade or Navigator limousine) and did I already mention the service? The atmosphere was so comfortable. I can honestly say that the staff greeted us with a smile and a hello with each encounter and the manager Anthony was SO helpful and accommodating to our group. It was an awesome experience. If you visit Atlanta and you're looking for a reasonably priced hotel that's nice AND clean in an awesome area...STAY HERE! It's going to be my location of choice whenever I visit.

Reviewed April 21, 2009

This hotel knows about good customer service. Marquis and Monique were the friendliest front desk staff we met on our 2 week vacation. So helpful with directions, very friendly and welcoming. We would have liked to have stayed longer.

Very nice rooms with lots of space.
Breakfast was good as it included cooked items too, including waffles cooked to order. Did get a bit chilly though as when the front doors open, the draught came right through - it was a 40degree morning in April!

Great location, would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed April 19, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights. In the leafy Buckhead area of Atlanta the hotel at first glance would appear to be the usual chain . However, what we discovered is that they seem to have put a unique local boutique like feel to it. There appeared to be a mix of business people and holidaymakers . But the reception staff seemed to be able to welcome business people with a personal touch, remembering past guests and giving advice to people on vacation.

Marquis, on reception we were sure was destined for a Broadway career!

The rooms are large, shower, bath, desk, free wi-fi and of you don’t have a lap top, there’s a business centre. Breakfast is provided complimentary including fresh waffles and omelettes, made to order. Coffee and tea is available in the bar 24/7- cookies welcomed us back after a days sightseeing. Parking is free around the property. There was a small fitness centre and pool outside
A big positive is the free car service which takes you up to 2 miles from the hotel until 11pm. As the best places to dine are around Buckhead, it means you can have a drink and be picked up. The manager, Anthony Tecoy even took us one night to avoid a 10 minute wait for the car coming back. Thats the kind of service you get. Eating in the area- try the Horseradish Grill or Aria.

Ask the bar man for a Captain Sully Cocktail- his own invention, a tasty, patriotic looking drink with a meaning behind it!

If you want room service , valet or bell boys, then pay more and stay somewhere else, but we got a great deal booking directly and I would stay again if we were in Atlanta

1  Thank merseydave
Reviewed April 14, 2009

The exceptionally friendly and helpful staff places this hotel in a category by itself. They go out of their way to accomodate their guests in every way possible. There are two features about this hotel that make it unusual: 1) no carpet in the rooms, instead the floors are wood with area rugs You almost feel like you are staying in someone's extra bedroom in a home rather than a hotel room 2) a lovely breakfast buffet that includes custom-made omlets and freshly made waffles The breakfast also includes scrambled eggs, bacon, a large assortment of cereals, fresh fruits, yogurts, juices, English muffins, bagels, delicious coffees and teas.

Reviewed April 10, 2009

Me and 3 colleagues traveled to Atlanta on business and were looking for a nice place in the Buckhead area that would fit into our limited expense budget. The Wingate met the price requirement and easily surpassed all other criteria we look for in a hotel when traveling.

The good:
*Breakfast - can't be beat. I'd pay for it, but fortunately for you (and me) it's free!
*Check-in - smooth and quick.
*Room - Love the hardwood floors, just feels much cleaner than carpet. Nice rug leading to the bed.
*Bed - Comfortable with plenty of pillows.
*Internet - free wireless
*Bathroom - Clean and best of all, the shower is large enough that the curtain didn't touch me while in there (a big pet peeve, feels sooo nasty when it does! haha)
*Service - Having a Cadillac Escalade take you and your friends around to a restaurant or wherever you want to go for free (a tip is nice for the driver) is great!
*Location - you can walk to restaurants that are decent, safe feeling area.
*Newspaper - a USA Today outside your room each morning, nice gesture and way to get the day started.

Not so good:
*Being nit-picky here but you can hear the traffic outside the room if you are facing the road. I thought it would be bad at night but the road is virtually empty at night so no issue sleeping.
*Bar was a little pricey but what hotel bar isn't?

As you can see, we all absolutely LOVED this hotel and wanted to stay longer. If I travel back down to the Atlanta area I will definitely stay here again as it is an impressive place, especially for the money.

I read all the great reviews and was wondering if they were fake or not but trust me, they are spot on. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business